Patrick Surtain jr.

Pat Surtain and Pat Surtain, Jr. will NEVER do anything to embarrass or troll UM. End that line of bullsht because it isn't happening.

I don’t think that, but it would be nice if he’s at least throw a halfway nice quote out there about Rumph. A lot of glowing praise for the LSU guy, but I’ve never even seen a word about Rumph. Ever. Maybe he’s just never been asked the question, but nothing ever about Miami, and specifically about Rumph. Yet we’ve been showing them every courtesy and attention possible. I know they’re not the type to play hat games or intentionally troll, and I appreciate that they’ve been pretty direct about their intentions, so I do give them that.

Advertisement
Pat Surtain and Pat Surtain, Jr. will NEVER do anything to embarrass or troll UM. End that line of bullsht because it isn't happening.

I can't comprehend how some porsters on here don't understand this. This isn't jagoff Jr and jagoff sr shopping/trolling schools for the biggest payoff (Scam Newton style). Surtain Jr has never acted like a punk -he is a pedigreed player with a father who owes a lot to and has deep ties with Rumph. Sr is accompanying his son to these events, which means either Jr is messing with his dad (don't think so), sr and jr are messing with Rumph (I think sr has too much character for that), or Jr is legit trying to fairly evaluate if the program suits him because he is actually interested. Those are the only three possibilities, and you have to be intentionally ascribing bad intentions/very poor character to the surtains if you believe the first two are actually a possibility.

People write things like that because they don't know the people involved and they can do so without repercussion. You are correct in that Pat, Sr. and Pat, Jr. are not Jerkoff, Sr. and Jerkoff, Jr. They are the exact opposite of that. Pat, Sr. is a standup guy who tells it like it is (almost to a fault) and Pat, Jr. is one of the nicest kids I've had the privilege of knowing. IMO, if he/they are watching practice, there is some interest there. Regardless of the amount of interest, they are not trying to do UM, Coach Richt and Coach Rumph dirty.

Let me tell give you a little insight into the relationship between Coach Rumph and PS23. My son was at CMR's camp in the summer of 2016 and he was wearing STA socks. Coach Rumph came to me to discuss my son's HS plans with me and to try to steer him to AH and help AH and PS23. Based on that alone, I think they have a pretty good relationship.

Kirby Smart did worse his first year than richt.
He outperformed Richt in year 2.

Let's see what happens in year 3.

To be determined, the season ain't over yet. If we win the OB, we had a helluva good season. Short of UGA winning the national title, I would be hesitant to call it "underperforming." Richt won coach of the year honors for a **** good reason. People saw what we had and what we were also lacking, and there isn't a staff doing a better job than Miami's.

Yeah, let's hold off on casting final tallies on this season. I was more harsh on Curby's hire than has panned out but if we were to smoke Wisky and they lose a non-competitive game to Oklahoma then I'm definitely not comfortable saying Smart outperformed Rick this year.

Spermy Fart will likely finish his second season with a better record, but that doesn’t mean he outperformed Rick. Fart is doing it primarily with the guys left for him by UGA’s best HC; Rick won the Coastal and got us to the OB taking over for the worst HC in UM’s history.

Spot on, my friend!

Advertisement

To be determined, the season ain't over yet. If we win the OB, we had a helluva good season. Short of UGA winning the national title, I would be hesitant to call it "underperforming." Richt won coach of the year honors for a **** good reason. People saw what we had and what we were also lacking, and there isn't a staff doing a better job than Miami's.

Yeah, let's hold off on casting final tallies on this season. I was more harsh on Curby's hire than has panned out but if we were to smoke Wisky and they lose a non-competitive game to Oklahoma then I'm definitely not comfortable saying Smart outperformed Rick this year.

Spermy Fart will likely finish his second season with a better record, but that doesn’t mean he outperformed Rick. Fart is doing it primarily with the guys left for him by UGA’s best HC; Rick won the Coastal and got us to the OB taking over for the worst HC in UM’s history.

Some people either can't or don't want to see distinctions between different situations. AdrianaP might make a good credit analyst for OfficeMax.

Spot on, my friend!

Look at Fart's starting lineup on both sides of the ball. Senior laden team with a few juniors also starting. That team is old and experienced minus the QB. Georgia will drop off next year and in 3 years it is possible for them to be back in the limelight barring coaches leaving. Ain't worried about UGA as it's been near 40 years since they were in the spotlight. Creamy Fart is playing with Rick's players and Rick is playing with Folden's.

lol at a new HC getting rid of Raymond. Sure, anything is possible but that dude is the staff's best recruiter and he's a legend in the state.

And to another poster who mentioned it - the Suratins have gone out of their way to praise Raymond but I don't recall anything above a whisper about Rumph. I've heard how Suratin is tight with Rumph b/c Rumph gave him his first HC job - soounds like hopeful dot connecting...

It is. For some reason people think PaT Surtain was some kind of hanger on or something. Like if he didnt walk into any hs in broward county he wouldnt have a job. His former teammate Oronde Gadsen was on that coaching staff as well. I think our season put us in the game...but i dont think we pull him at all.

wtf? Anyone can walk into any high school and "get a job". No shi&. But you ain't just walking into Anerican Heritage and getting the **** Head Coaching job with just your name.

i think your clueless. Patrick Surtain name in south florida holds wayyyyyy more weight than Mike Rumph. He can just walk in and say im Pat Surtain and get a hc job. But Rumph leaving probably put in the word for Surtain as a lot of guys would have wanted that AH job.

Like Ibis is saying i dont think they are trolling...thats not their game. I think their is legit interest there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
lol at a new HC getting rid of Raymond. Sure, anything is possible but that dude is the staff's best recruiter and he's a legend in the state.

And to another poster who mentioned it - the Suratins have gone out of their way to praise Raymond but I don't recall anything above a whisper about Rumph. I've heard how Suratin is tight with Rumph b/c Rumph gave him his first HC job - soounds like hopeful dot connecting...

It is. For some reason people think PaT Surtain was some kind of hanger on or something. Like if he didnt walk into any hs in broward county he wouldnt have a job. His former teammate Oronde Gadsen was on that coaching staff as well. I think our season put us in the game...but i dont think we pull him at all.

wtf? Anyone can walk into any high school and "get a job". No shi&. But you ain't just walking into Anerican Heritage and getting the **** Head Coaching job with just your name.

i think your clueless. Patrick Surtain name in south florida holds wayyyyyy more weight than Mike Rumph. He can just walk in and say im Pat Surtain and get a hc job.

Are you retarded? Rumph was surtain's BOSS. Surtain worked for Rumph and got the job after Rumph came here.

Advertisement
Just listened to that Sr. interview on Joe Rose and it sounds to me that we have a real shot. Rose brought LSU up (not Surtain) and Surtain said they are certainly in there as are a couple of other schools without naming them. I'm sure he doesn't want to cause local hysteria to add pressure on Jr. by naming Miami as a real contender. Said it was about the players you are around more than the coaches (Nesta, Campbell , Chatfield sounds like players he may like being around- Just guessing). Said you need to be real with coaches if you don't have interest as not to waste their time (again, if he's visiting, it's not just a courtesy visit - he's legit looking at us). Sr. Just seems like a real good dude and there was not school that came out of his mouth regarding Jr. Also said he wasn't going to push him where he wanted him to go, that he's the one that needs to feel comfortable with the decision. The "tone" of the interview was one of a very aware father and head coach that didn't want to add any pressure to his son and also showed that the family has class and respect. He also said Nesta is pretty much locked in (no surprise), Tyson is down to UM, Bama, Uga (no surprise) and Chatfield was down to Oklahoma, Miami, UF and "maybe LSU". I think we are legit in this game. Will be an interesting weekend Jan 26th

Just listened to that Sr. interview on Joe Rose and it sounds to me that we have a real shot. Rose brought LSU up (not Surtain) and Surtain said they are certainly in there as are a couple of other schools without naming them. I'm sure he doesn't want to cause local hysteria to add pressure on Jr. by naming Miami as a real contender. Said it was about the players you are around more than the coaches (Nesta, Campbell , Chatfield sounds like players he may like being around- Just guessing). Said you need to be real with coaches if you don't have interest as not to waste their time (again, if he's visiting, it's not just a courtesy visit - he's legit looking at us). Sr. Just seems like a real good dude and there was not school that came out of his mouth regarding Jr. Also said he wasn't going to push him where he wanted him to go, that he's the one that needs to feel comfortable with the decision. The "tone" of the interview was one of a very aware father and head coach that didn't want to add any pressure to his son and also showed that the family has class and respect. He also said Nesta is pretty much locked in (no surprise), Tyson is down to UM, Bama, Uga (no surprise) and Chatfield was down to Oklahoma, Miami, UF and "maybe LSU". I think we are legit in this game. Will be an interesting weekend Jan 26th

I haven’t listened to the interview because of what other posters said previously but this sounds like a totally different perspective. Now I need to check it out.

Reading tea leaves: Miami closes with Nesta, Surtain, and Campbell. Chatfield goes to Oklahoma.

Eddie O's firing of Canada after less than a year reeks of desperation and Jr is smart enough to see that O is bailing water on a sinking ship.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back