Patrick Surtain jr.

Just listened to that Sr. interview on Joe Rose and it sounds to me that we have a real shot. Rose brought LSU up (not Surtain) and Surtain said they are certainly in there as are a couple of other schools without naming them. I'm sure he doesn't want to cause local hysteria to add pressure on Jr. by naming Miami as a real contender. Said it was about the players you are around more than the coaches (Nesta, Campbell , Chatfield sounds like players he may like being around- Just guessing). Said you need to be real with coaches if you don't have interest as not to waste their time (again, if he's visiting, it's not just a courtesy visit - he's legit looking at us). Sr. Just seems like a real good dude and there was not school that came out of his mouth regarding Jr. Also said he wasn't going to push him where he wanted him to go, that he's the one that needs to feel comfortable with the decision. The "tone" of the interview was one of a very aware father and head coach that didn't want to add any pressure to his son and also showed that the family has class and respect. He also said Nesta is pretty much locked in (no surprise), Tyson is down to UM, Bama, Uga (no surprise) and Chatfield was down to Oklahoma, Miami, UF and "maybe LSU". I think we are legit in this game. Will be an interesting weekend Jan 26th

But did you catch the part where he said jr has visits on the 12th and the 19th and said they are trying to figure others out. He didnt say anything about a visit on the 26th.

Advertisement
Reading tea leaves: Miami closes with Nesta, Surtain, and Campbell. Chatfield goes to Oklahoma.

Eddie O's firing of Canada after less than a year reeks of desperation and Jr is smart enough to see that O is bailing water on a sinking ship.

How does that make any sense? If those other 3 come to um there is no way he goes to Oklahoma. Furthermore, if Campbell and Surtain don't come I still think it's a remote possibility he goes to Oklahoma

Reading tea leaves: Miami closes with Nesta, Surtain, and Campbell. Chatfield goes to Oklahoma.

Eddie O's firing of Canada after less than a year reeks of desperation and Jr is smart enough to see that O is bailing water on a sinking ship.

Chatfield is a miami and uf battle.

How does that make any sense? If those other 3 come to um there is no way he goes to Oklahoma. Furthermore, if Campbell and Surtain don't come I still think it's a remote possibility he goes to Oklahoma

It's what my tea leaves say. If you don't like it do your own santeria.

It's what my tea leaves say. If you don't like it do your own santeria.

Hahaha I'm dying

Advertisement

Chatfield is a miami and uf battle.

Considering they're about to transition to a 3-4, I like our chances even more now.

This kid is not coming here every year theres a kid like this, he wasnt interested all year n now hes magically interested? This is the Smith kid from last year all over again IMO

Use r getting sucked in and he wont come here at all even if his teammates do

I think you're wrong

the kid came to practice, by himself

you don't do that if you're already going to lsu, you just don't

i'm going with franchise on this one, cane

At the end of the day...I still believe he chooses LSU....

Devonta Smith was doing the same thing.....i hope chise is right but I just dont see it.

Devonta Smith is from Louisiana... not saying he is coming.. But I hate when folks go he aint' coming so they can all use that narrative if he doesn't come. You just said you glad we don't have the Golden mindset.

We shoukd recruit him and thats a good thing but i still dont think we get him...i hope so but just being real

This kid is not coming here every year theres a kid like this, he wasnt interested all year n now hes magically interested? This is the Smith kid from last year all over again IMO

So you really think that Surtain Sr, who is the HC at a premier local high school football program that is a feeder school to Miami, would actively participate with his son in clowning the U and disrespecting an old friend? Unless Sr plans on moving out of Florida and never returning I don't buy that. Jr might not end up at Miami, but to believe that he is just ******** with Miami and has no legit interest is illogical, especially since his dad is visiting with him.

I think hes interested and trying to convince himself vut the love of his dream school and him thinking of playing there for years probably wins out. Its not impossible that he comes here but im not expecting it

He may not be coming here but the situations are completely different. Like not even close.

Yea we dont have to worry about bama.....i didnt think d smith was all that anyway

Advertisement
Kirby Smart did worse his first year than richt.
He outperformed Richt in year 2.

Let's see what happens in year 3.

To be determined, the season ain't over yet. If we win the OB, we had a helluva good season. Short of UGA winning the national title, I would be hesitant to call it "underperforming." Richt won coach of the year honors for a **** good reason. People saw what we had and what we were also lacking, and there isn't a staff doing a better job than Miami's.

Yeah, let's hold off on casting final tallies on this season. I was more harsh on Curby's hire than has panned out but if we were to smoke Wisky and they lose a non-competitive game to Oklahoma then I'm definitely not comfortable saying Smart outperformed Rick this year.

Spermy Fart will likely finish his second season with a better record, but that doesn’t mean he outperformed Rick. Fart is doing it primarily with the guys left for him by UGA’s best HC; Rick won the Coastal and got us to the OB taking over for the worst HC in UM’s history.
That type of analysis will be lost on some of these clowns though, Franchise. Most of them are more interested in devaluing what we accomplished rather than being objective. They view taking over for Mark Richt and taking over for the string of Larry Coker, Randy Shannon, Al Golden as the same thing. Those of us who aren't living on the moon realize that the difference between the two is more than a loss or two. It's **** remarkable actually.
Agree, Kirby had Richt's recruits. Not saying that we shouldn't do better, but face it we were slim in to many spots. Did better than expected with the QB we had who played his heart out, but just wasn't quite good enough. I would like to see more creative plays, but maybe we just needed a few more playmakers..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He may not be coming here but the situations are completely different. Like not even close.

Yea we dont have to worry about bama.....i didnt think d smith was all that anyway

I just mean Smith wasn’t coming to practice, Smith wasn’t from SFLA, & Smiths boys weren’t coming here.

I just mean Smith wasn’t coming to practice, Smith wasn’t from SFLA, & Smiths boys weren’t coming here.

I think that kid wants to do his own thing, I think we just get the trio

Advertisement
Kirby Smart did worse his first year than richt.
He outperformed Richt in year 2.

Let's see what happens in year 3.

To be determined, the season ain't over yet. If we win the OB, we had a helluva good season. Short of UGA winning the national title, I would be hesitant to call it "underperforming." Richt won coach of the year honors for a **** good reason. People saw what we had and what we were also lacking, and there isn't a staff doing a better job than Miami's.

Yeah, let's hold off on casting final tallies on this season. I was more harsh on Curby's hire than has panned out but if we were to smoke Wisky and they lose a non-competitive game to Oklahoma then I'm definitely not comfortable saying Smart outperformed Rick this year.

Spermy Fart will likely finish his second season with a better record, but that doesn’t mean he outperformed Rick. Fart is doing it primarily with the guys left for him by UGA’s best HC; Rick won the Coastal and got us to the OB taking over for the worst HC in UM’s history.

Some people either can't or don't want to see distinctions between different situations. AdrianaP might make a good credit analyst for OfficeMax.

I'm not sure he's smart enough to be an Office Max credit analyst automaton, but he definitely makes a great *** dumpster.

Just listened to that Sr. interview on Joe Rose and it sounds to me that we have a real shot. Rose brought LSU up (not Surtain) and Surtain said they are certainly in there as are a couple of other schools without naming them. I'm sure he doesn't want to cause local hysteria to add pressure on Jr. by naming Miami as a real contender. Said it was about the players you are around more than the coaches (Nesta, Campbell , Chatfield sounds like players he may like being around- Just guessing). Said you need to be real with coaches if you don't have interest as not to waste their time (again, if he's visiting, it's not just a courtesy visit - he's legit looking at us). Sr. Just seems like a real good dude and there was not school that came out of his mouth regarding Jr. Also said he wasn't going to push him where he wanted him to go, that he's the one that needs to feel comfortable with the decision. The "tone" of the interview was one of a very aware father and head coach that didn't want to add any pressure to his son and also showed that the family has class and respect. He also said Nesta is pretty much locked in (no surprise), Tyson is down to UM, Bama, Uga (no surprise) and Chatfield was down to Oklahoma, Miami, UF and "maybe LSU". I think we are legit in this game. Will be an interesting weekend Jan 26th

I haven’t listened to the interview because of what other posters said previously but this sounds like a totally different perspective. Now I need to check it out.

People hear things they want to hear. I knew for sure that Sr. wasn't on Rose's show trumpeting LSU and making it seem like UM had no shot. It made no sense.

Most of these dudes are parrots who are simply repeating what they heard 3 years ago about LSU being the stone cold lock. They have no info, but they want to be constantly on record repeating LSU so that they can beat their chests if that's where he goes.

There is definite interest with UM. Period. Whether that interest turns into a signing remains to be seen. But only a stone cold idiot would look at all of Jr.'s actions over the last few months and say he has no interest in UM.

Some people either can't or don't want to see distinctions between different situations. AdrianaP might make a good credit analyst for OfficeMax.

I'm not sure he's smart enough to be an Office Max credit analyst automaton, but he definitely makes a great *** dumpster.

Don't disrespect *** dumpsters like that

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back