Patrick Payton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
1607191698739.gif

We would have to drop someone else to take him. I was under the impression Davis would be a LB so I figured take another DE if Phillips and Roche leave. Question is would you all rather have Payton or Davis?

Advertisement
We would have to drop someone else to take him. I was under the impression Davis would be a LB so I figured take another DE if Phillips and Roche leave. Question is would you all rather have Payton or Davis?
Davis I think has a real good upside & more ready to play now. Maybe Payton can wait till Feb to see if additional spots allowed

Advertisement
As of this moment I just don’t see how they have a spot for Payton with the names being thrown around as legit possibilities and wanting a couple portal spots .The same reason why I get burns being dropped, even though there was multiple reasons with him.

The numbers are beyond tight.
Good problem to have. We have literally never been in this spot in recent memory. Now hopefully if the big fish go elsewhere the guys we have waiting still jump on board

Bruh for his sake pleasd don’t let him go to Nebraska or FSU. Who are his other non-UM suitors?

Advertisement
I posted a few weeks ago Payton’s recruitment would pick up ( it did) and the staff likes him a lot ( as do I), even thinking they’d accept a commitment any day. Now I’m just not sure , especially hearing the names they’re expecting or thinking they have a great shot with. Then mix in the portal, if they’re tight as I’m told it’ll be hard to find space for him.

This is all my opinion. Just me looking at the numbers , the possibilities and the numbers adding up. Nothing more

I’m not even sure what’s going on with Brown , I keep hearing McGhee is their number one and the Michigan commit kid as a plan b and even Covingtons name has been mentioned ,but Brown rarely pops up. . As I’ve said I’ve been out of the loop , so I’m sure a lot has changed.

Payton will find a better spot than Nebraska regardless if it’s Miami, as I’ve mentioned awhile ago “ his recruitment will blow up the last month”.

Just clarifying this is opinion.

Advertisement
I say take him, fvck the NCAA. They shouldn’t have been dragging their feet this long with the numbers decision for this class to begin with. Take him and assume the NCAA expands the scholarship numbers for this class, bc they really have no other choice given COVID and the fact that many schools need the rule to field quality teams next season.

I posted a few weeks ago Payton’s recruitment would pick up ( it did) and the staff likes him a lot ( as do I), even thinking they’d accept a commitment any day. Now I’m just not sure , especially hearing the names they’re expecting or thinking they have a great shot with. Then mix in the portal, if they’re tight as I’m told it’ll be hard to find space for him.

This is all my opinion. Just me looking at the numbers , the possibilities and the numbers adding up. Nothing more

I’m not even sure what’s going on with Brown , I keep hearing McGhee is their number one and the Michigan commit kid as a plan b and even Covingtons name has been mentioned ,but Brown rarely pops up. . As I’ve said I’ve been out of the loop , so I’m sure a lot has changed.

Payton will find a better spot than Nebraska regardless if it’s Miami, as I’ve mentioned awhile ago “ his recruitment will blow up the last month”.

Just clarifying this is opinion.
Yea ivins said last week that they basically cooled on brown

The big thing here will be seeing if we can get some of these guys to push their signing back to February. I believe the NCAA hearing on the 1 year transfer rule is in January and most expect clarity on the initial counter rule at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back