Patrick Payton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Could be wrong but I believe the canesville dude mentioned we had a silent a couple weeks back but for whatever reason hasn't popped yet.

Advertisement
Thought I’d jump in here. Payton looked really good against American Heritage playing the run. He was setting the edge well and getting off blocks and making plays in the backfield. Heritage did get him a few times reading him on the option play but he adjusted to that well and made a few plays there too. Impressive performance showing a diverse ability rather than just a pass rusher.

Brown the Corner would be my guess but he wants to keep playing the game
Brown? Also if Kevin Harris wants in and is twitchy I would take him depending on the level of how he burned us if it was just an honest flip no harm no foul but if he ****ed us then **** him

We should be all over this kid

Make room somehow. Whether that’s dropping Collins or pushing out a guy like Pat Joyner to transfer. Can’t let a talent like this leave SoFla

his film looks like a future 1st-2nd rd
We should’ve been all over this kid in April if they were taking 2 ends. Has proven to have a Higher ceiling and floor than Ishmael.

Advertisement
Shocked I haven’t seen this posted yet. It was yesterday. Sometimes this guy knows a little bit. Y’all ran @brock off the boards? Usually he sees all this

View attachment 136243
If true I have a problem with the said transfer. At some point we have to prove that we’re not people’s Plan B AND he’s not talented enough to ignore him essentially flipping once Bama called. I’m not saying not to take one but we shouldn’t go all out for somebody without even knowing the market. What’s happens if a player similar to Roche hits the portal? We won’t be able to pursue because of Harris.

If true I have a problem with the said transfer. At some point we have to prove that we’re not people’s Plan B AND he’s not talented enough to ignore him essentially flipping once Bama called. I’m not saying not to take one but we shouldn’t go all out for somebody without even knowing the market. What’s happens if a player similar to Roche hits the portal? We won’t be able to pursue because of Harris.
I was in the camp that had a problem with this at the beginning. But he was never committed to us publicly at least. We were losing. Bama was winning. They might’ve offered money also which is whatever. If he was respectful during the process then maybe take. If he was a clown then ***** him

Advertisement

nobody even knows if it’s Harris. Just speculation at this point. I’d wait and see before worrying about all that personally.

the portal adds another dynamic to all this now and it’s hard to judge until we see what pieces end up on the roster to say if the coaches made a good or bad decision.

Rivals has a short story on Payton this morning. Says he is talking with staff; they are trying to work out the numbers to see if they have a spot for him. Says he would seriously consider it if he gets an offer. Other than Nebraska, FSU is pushing hard for him. It's just those 3 schools. He also said his teammates at MNW are in his ear as is James Williams.

It sounds like he would be on board if he gets a commitable offer

Advertisement
Rivals has a short story on Payton this morning. Says he is talking with staff; they are trying to work out the numbers to see if they have a spot for him. Says he would seriously consider it if he gets an offer. Other than Nebraska, FSU is pushing hard for him. It's just those 3 schools. He also said his teammates at MNW are in his ear as is James Williams.

MANNY don't f' this up!! Get this kid the offer.. He is a must get!!

I don’t think anyone would make their kid go to the FSU dumpster fire but I’m pretty sure his dad is a Nole.

If his dad is the same Payton as I am thinking... he used to work in the Dade school system (might still be)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back