Patrick Payton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take Kelly over him any day... 11 Tackles, 4.5 TFL, 4 sacks in way less plays.

Take away the Payton's game against our OL...
26 tackles
4 TFL
3 sacks
2 passes defended
0 forced fumble

He played inspired against us... something I wish our players did as well.
I mean this is the year we took Ishmael instead would be better off comparing those stats. Was just a miss by the other staff.

Advertisement
Well Ishmaels dad was kind of on staff.
Payton was a kid i thought would be solid as he gains weight.
Yea I remember his senior year people were questioning the take while Payton was killing it for Northwestern. I understand that Ishmael dad was on staff but taking him and Thomas Davis over Payton is unfortunate to say the least.

Advertisement
Yea I remember his senior year people were questioning the take while Payton was killing it for Northwestern. I understand that Ishmael dad was on staff but taking him and Thomas Davis over Payton is unfortunate to say the least.
I always thought Thomas Davis would be a MLB allowing us to take Payton or another edge but it never happened. Its the reason i thought Daviss tarted his sr year at MLB in Valdosta to get him more comfortable

I always thought Thomas Davis would be a MLB allowing us to take Payton or another edge but it never happened. Its the reason i thought Daviss tarted his sr year at MLB in Valdosta to get him more comfortable

Outside of Taylor, that entire front 7 class was a travesty. I liked Ishmael, but always thought he would be our safe commit while we went big game hunting. Instead we caught ourselves Haye, Johnson, Davis and Troutman. Any one of them would have been fine. A fistful of them though (counting Ishmael here)? Manny gonna Manny.

Outside of Taylor, that entire front 7 class was a travesty. I liked Ishmael, but always thought he would be our safe commit while we went big game hunting. Instead we caught ourselves Haye, Johnson, Davis and Troutman. Any one of them would have been fine. A fistful of them though (counting Ishmael here)? Manny gonna Manny.
We got zero pass rush out of most of the ends! The big commit we just flipped is raw. You all know better then I do about Wayne, it we need to fix the pass rush issues and fast! Portal included.

Ray Charles would have told you Ishmael wasn't good coming out of high school. I thought Thomas Davis was gonna be an off-ball LB here but we're so weak at edge he's a need there.

We let Pat Payton commit to trash *** Nebraska then let him flip to FSU with zero resistance. Holy **** what was that staff doing

Advertisement
Ishmael will be allowed to finish his degree (probably can do it in 3 years) and will be told to hit the portal. Thats the best case scenario for him at this point. I actually forget hes even on the team half the time.

We got zero pass rush out of most of the ends! The big commit we just flipped is raw. You all know better then I do about Wayne, it we need to fix the pass rush issues and fast! Portal included.

@DMoney just posted we're trending up on Bain. I think that addresses our pass rush concern among HS recruits. We definitely need another from the portal. Assuming Messidor comes back, Kelly and Moss continue to develop, that would give us a stable of edge rushers who can get it done.

Some of the players from MNW told Diaz he wasn’t that good and don’t offer him. The staff also stood him up on the Zoom call. Had everyone waiting and didn’t call.

Advertisement
@DMoney just posted we're trending up on Bain. I think that addresses our pass rush concern among HS recruits. We definitely need another from the portal. Assuming Messidor comes back, Kelly and Moss continue to develop, that would give us a stable of edge rushers who can get it done.
What’s Up Grover

Agreed on all this! I expect Moss to bulk up and have a way in this! Bain and company are good! I can also see Collins bulking up and playing like
Armstead who’s also 6-7 and 300 Bills but i get it. Now Dominate the portal!

Hope this doesn't come back and bite the staff in the ***. Seems like they want to take a portal DE along with Ishmael and Davis. Taking 4 DE's doesn't make a lot of sense especially with how loaded 2022 is there. Also, I'm wondering why he didn't wait until Feb to sign. He could do a lot better than FSU.
I didn't remember the details of this kids recruiting process. I decided to re-read the whole thread for science. **** Manny Diaz and anyone that supports him. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back