Patrick Joyner???

Advertisement
He played MLB against Pitt in 2018 so it isn't uncharted territory.

We have Rousseau, Harvey, Hill, Williams, Phillips in the mix and very little at LB after 55, 56, 53, 44. This needs to happen imo.
I'm holding out hope that McCloud RS this year and takes over the MIKE in 2020

1. We have a two more guys coming this summer.
2. Wilder and McCloud should be back from their injuries in the fall.
3. We can also play the STRIKER more.
The LBs will be just fine

I'm not sure why you would measure Joyner a summer B enrollee to Roseau who was an EE and came in as athletic freak and Patchan who's 5th year senior. Harvey i get, but even Harvey is an EE this year and came in much more ready to play size wise. Being an EE has a tremendous advantage.

All that aside , it's been 5 practices in pads so i have no idea where you're getting the "impact" from Harvey from. Similarly Frierson was getting a ton of spring love last year and then went full where's waldo in the fall.

IMO Joyner was always considered a year 2/3 contributor guy. He's not in the Tyreic Martin category.
I disagree with your assessment. True he needs more time ... but he had an entire year that Roseau lost.

Advertisement
I mean, Brian Burns did it, even if he was Nole.

I want to see him in action before making an assessment.

I disagree with your assessment. True he needs more time ... but he had an entire year that Roseau lost.

He redshirted last year. You're comparing two athletes on the opposite side of the spectrum. 1 guy came into spring fresmen year looking like 1st round potential just on eye test alone. The other came in a tweener. Players bodies mature a different rates and it's more common to see that on OL and DL.

At any rate even if he's not as good as advertised (which i don't recall him being that hyped anyway) we're going need him in heavy rotation regardless next year with likely only 4 returning DE + whoever we land. (Is phillips playing DE or DT here? i can't remember, i didn't count him)

Hopefully he will shadow Trevon Hill, and follow him in that wide-9 hybrid role we've seen guys like the Toolbox play so well in Diaz' defense.

Advertisement
He redshirted last year. You're comparing two athletes on the opposite side of the spectrum. 1 guy came into spring fresmen year looking like 1st round potential just on eye test alone. The other came in a tweener. Players bodies mature a different rates and it's more common to see that on OL and DL.

At any rate even if he's not as good as advertised (which i don't recall him being that hyped anyway) we're going need him in heavy rotation regardless next year with likely only 4 returning DE + whoever we land. (Is phillips playing DE or DT here? i can't remember, i didn't count him)
Joyner came in rated higher than Rouseau. In fact he was deciding between the gates and Us.

Advertisement
He’s pretty much only a middle linebacker right? Bradley Jennings is also that. And if I’m not mistaken Huff and Brooks are SLB or MLB. Who backs up Pinckney?

Advertisement
He’s pretty much only a middle linebacker right? Bradley Jennings is also that. And if I’m not mistaken Huff and Brooks are SLB or MLB. Who backs up Pinckney?
YOU Can not label Huff or Brooks as SLB or MLB, do to their size and versatility it will depend om where the coaches want them at. For now they are just considered LBs.

Why does this need a tweet? Is that just a Miami thing or does this type of announcement happen at top programs also

Advertisement
Back