Patrick Joyner???

troycbullock

Redshirt Freshman
Does anyone know what his status is? We have depth issues at LB but I don’t hear anything about him. He was a prize local recruit, yet I hear or read nothing on his presence.

Advertisement
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee’s

Advertisement
If he can’t beat out Patchan and Harvey, he won’t be battling Hill. Its just concerning that he hasn’t had a bigger impact when Harvey and Rouseau have.

I'm not sure why you would measure Joyner a summer B enrollee to Roseau who was an EE and came in as athletic freak and Patchan who's 5th year senior. Harvey i get, but even Harvey is an EE this year and came in much more ready to play size wise. Being an EE has a tremendous advantage.

All that aside , it's been 5 practices in pads so i have no idea where you're getting the "impact" from Harvey from. Similarly Frierson was getting a ton of spring love last year and then went full where's waldo in the fall.

IMO Joyner was always considered a year 2/3 contributor guy. He's not in the Tyreic Martin category.

Advertisement
If he can’t beat out Patchan and Harvey, he won’t be battling Hill. Its just concerning that he hasn’t had a bigger impact when Harvey and Rouseau have.

I hope both those guys reflect the hype, but neither has a had any actual impact that I am aware of. So far Rousseau is the practice/scrimmage phenom who got derailed by injury and Harvey is the true freshman everybody else supposedly slept on.

It may be those guys have clearly distanced themselves from Joyner, but it also may be they all sit in the same boat. None have actually done anything in the regular season.

Good question, it would be good if they went back to joyner as a linebacker, i know his coverage skills are part of the problem, but he'd be the quickest linebacker to the ball, he has that kind of ability, d-end i think will waist his time here!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back