Patke To Be Hired

Advertisement
Exactly.

I’m not arguing he was good. I’m saying the majority of blame for his poor performance should be placed squarely on Diaz for hiring him in the first place.
That was the same thing to be said about Manny as HC. It was his dream job and it was offered to him. He was a terrible head coach, but you can’t blame him for accepting the job when it was offered to him. What was he going to do, turn it down?

Advertisement
Felt Manny should have helped him get a gig at a different school - even a P5 school - so that he could build his network, get more experience, and learn new defensive approaches to the game. Good luck to him at ICW.

“Patke began his coaching career in 2011 at ‘University of The Incarnate Word’, working with current Miami safety coach Ephraim Banda. He spent two years at UIW and earned his master’s degree in business administration with an emphasis on sports management.”
So in 11 years he's advanced from safety coach to DC at Incarnate World yet somehow made it on staff at Miami lol He was also named co-DC here for a short time lol Hickson is off to FIU. Another guy went to Duke. We all know Manny was in over his head. Outside of Lashlee Miami was truly bargain basement hunting for coaches.

Advertisement
I never understood the Patke hate. He was obviously unqualified to be on staff in the position he was, but it’s not his fault Manny hired him.

Did you want him to turn the job down?
Good lord, I can’t remember to take my meds but I remember this. You or NJ called him a great coach or a good coach years ago - something positive along those lines - and I will never forget it.

Good lord, I can’t remember to take my meds but I remember this. You or NJ called him a great coach or a good coach years ago - something positive along those lines - and I will never forget it.

It’s true!

It’s true!

Holy shît! You found it! I don’t know how I remembered that. I was trying to figure out if you were serious. Like what has NYSOM seen in or heard about Patke that makes him make that statement? Lol

Advertisement
Holy shît! You found it! I don’t know how I remembered that. I was trying to figure out if you were serious. Like what has NYSOM seen in or heard about Patke that makes him make that statement? Lol

Friend, believe it or not, @nystateofmind used to occasionally troll on this here message board in his younger days.

But those days are long behind him!

:)

Felt Manny should have helped him get a gig at a different school - even a P5 school - so that he could build his network, get more experience, and learn new defensive approaches to the game. Good luck to him at ICW.
He wasn’t good enough to get a job at another P5.

Patke was a very hard worker and gave the job his all but was just over his head coaching a position without experience, wish him the best

Advertisement
Is it a promotion?
For his career progression? Yes

Fast rising FCS program that made a run in the FCS playoffs. Lost their stud QB so they’ll definitely fall off a bit but having success at that level almost guarantees a promotion to G5 - especially with all of the opportunities in Texas.

Say what you want about Patke but he’s finessed his way to a decent place in his career at 36.

There's no question he wasn't ready for P5 at the time, but he's another guy who will make his way to having a good career. People hated on Banda, but he's doing **** well.

Wouldn't be so fast to trash some of these coaches. Did they learn on the job at Miami? Yeah, probably so. That said, would expect some to rise through the coaching ranks and have solid careers.

Advertisement
Back