Patke LB Coach/ Aristide OLB

Advertisement
That's not on the coaches... I mean **** they tried like 5 different guys back there and worked at it like crazy at practice, we just didn't have the guys. We never had that problem with Berrios or Osborn.
I hear ya but you can't honestly think a ST coach can't identify who's comfortable returning kicks and who's not. When you have 5 different guys back there and have the same problem. It's a coaching problem. Means coach isn't able to identify his talent. By the looks of our Special teams play lately. Chances are that our ST coach has more than likely never returned a punt or even returned a kick.

On a said note. I love BB as much as the next guy but I'm not crowing dude as a shining example of a great return man because he could fair catch with the best of them. Calling for a fair catch every single punt because you're afraid of fumbling is another poor reflection on a ST coach.

Our return game is a glaring weakness on this team. That's a direct reflection of the coaching. I GUARANTEE We've got coaches on this staff that can Identify the returns guys needed to improve that part of the game. They're input if any is obviously being ignored in my opinion

Go Canes!!

Which is pretty much the entire return game in football these days. What we witnessed in the return game last season was a complete embarrassment. We could barely fair catch for cot dam sakes.

Go Canes!!!
Anyone that argues for patke in a special teams role I'm not sure I understand what they're watching. Be objective #1 Borregalles, #2 Hedley. If you take those two players away than what about our special teams play even vaguely resembles special? Our punt return AND coverage was atrocious. Our kick off coverage was mundane and our return game was comical... That's the role of a special teams coach, it's coaching and the play of his room, not having a kid transfer in who we blew rec with in the first place not signing out of high school & then take the credit for what a beast he already was & same capacity with the Australian wonder. They were arguably the two most important players on the team. Lol lord that's sad.

Advertisement
He got a promotion , that’s how you improve your future. It’s just that simple. This has nothing to do with who the head coach is. The faster way up the coaching tree is taking a dc job. Anyone with a lick of sense does this. It’s not a Gus vs manny thing. T Will would have a lb coach job **** near anywhere he wanted if manny is fired next year, but a dc job , not so much.

This isn’t a Gus vs Manny deal , as bad as some would like to make it that. It’s a common sense thing. Gus knew the way to get him would be the dc title and it worked.
Yes and no. This isn't a guy and manny thing when it speaks to them as traditional head coaches, no ur right on that. However it is a guy and manny thing when it relates to how they run their defense and how they interfere or not. Gus has proven he knows his **** & from my understanding he lets a coach be a coach. That's not to say obviously that I know everything when it relates to how he handles his teams but that's been my understanding of it. Now manny on the other hand I obviously have far more direct knowledge of how he relates in that capacity & up to this point what manny does with the defensive side of the ball is he heavily micromanages the staff throughout... That's where the distinction of his and manny comes into play. For someone in the capacity of Outside linebacker coach opposed to even Co dc that can be huge. Besides that common sense is for career advancement purposes ucf gave him a plus from every angle.

Not Impressed with the coaching situation at LBer and Striker. Doesn’t improve Development issues or recruiting. Patke gets too much credit for special teams and Strikers. The striker position wasn’t that impactful at all this year especially when Frierson was not on the field. And special teams is weak outside of Hedley and Borregales.
Striker was our best position besides d-line, and d-line was loaded with talent.

Advertisement
They faced each other twice in the SEC. In 2010 when Gus was the OC and had Cam and in 2015.
2010: Auburn won 17-14
2015 Miss St. won 17-9

So in head to head matchups Gus didn't have a good time against Manny

Side note: Lashlee was the OC for Auburn in that '15 game too
Im referring to being a HC and running a team/Program, Gameplanning and etc.

I hear ya but you can't honestly think a ST coach can't identify who's comfortable returning kicks and who's not. When you have 5 different guys back there and have the same problem. It's a coaching problem. Means coach isn't able to identify his talent. By the looks of our Special teams play lately. Chances are that our ST coach has more than likely never returned a punt or even returned a kick.

On a said note. I love BB as much as the next guy but I'm not crowing dude as a shining example of a great return man because he could fair catch with the best of them. Calling for a fair catch every single punt because you're afraid of fumbling is another poor reflection on a ST coach.

Our return game is a glaring weakness on this team. That's a direct reflection of the coaching. I GUARANTEE We've got coaches on this staff that can Identify the returns guys needed to improve that part of the game. They're input if any is obviously being ignored in my opinion

Go Canes!!
It wasn't a weakness until this season, though. Thomas and Osborn were great returners. I mean he literally tried everyone this season on returning punts. He eventually settled on Gurvan Hall if I remember right, he didn't add a whole lot to the return game but at least he could field punts clean.

I'm curious what he got suckered into? I personally was looking forward to seeing how he would do here cause I like how he bought in to our history & seemed genuine in that. None of these other coaches are concerned with that standard except maybe jess. However he was an OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS coach here. Many didn't even give him the room, the title or a decent salary. Now he has a title for whatever that means. He has some responsibility in setting up a defense and calling it, he got a pay raise & HE'S LEARNING HOW TO CALL A DEFENSE UNDER TWO DIFFERENT RELATIVELY WELL REGARDS DEFENSIVE MINDS... How again was he suckered into something? Because miami fans see miami as a more prestigious job right now, the conference, the recruiting grounds? What is it that makes him a sucker when it would seem to most eyes he was suckered into coaching a position that we have very lil use for & don't put much emphasis on our **** self right here for us...
**** there are little body part fragments of nycane all about this place after the above bomb dropped.

That's not on the coaches... I mean **** they tried like 5 different guys back there and worked at it like crazy at practice, we just didn't have the guys. We never had that problem with Berrios or Osborn.
The common denominator there would be our special teams still sucked at the time. Only difference with Brax was we knew he was sure handed and 95% of the time he was gonna call for a fair catch. With kj we were just basic.

Advertisement
Yes and no. This isn't a guy and manny thing when it speaks to them as traditional head coaches, no ur right on that. However it is a guy and manny thing when it relates to how they run their defense and how they interfere or not. Gus has proven he knows his **** & from my understanding he lets a coach be a coach. That's not to say obviously that I know everything when it relates to how he handles his teams but that's been my understanding of it. Now manny on the other hand I obviously have far more direct knowledge of how he relates in that capacity & up to this point what manny does with the defensive side of the ball is he heavily micromanages the staff throughout... That's where the distinction of his and manny comes into play. For someone in the capacity of Outside linebacker coach opposed to even Co dc that can be huge. Besides that common sense is for career advancement purposes ucf gave him a plus from every angle.

I understand what you are saying but if it's known to you and those of us who aren't directly in the coaching circles, how does Manny get these guys to come here if that's his reputation? Is it all about career progression for these guys where they say "hey, I'll suck it up for a year or two to get the University of Miami on my resume"?

I disagree... Our Strikers have been the most consistent unit on this team for a few years now
So he’s coached two 4 star guys to average results, and he’s built a CIS rep as a football scientist?

Same rap I heard with Rump from CIS. He was supposedly buried in the lab with his Bunsen burners and white smock coaching up 4 stars to average results. That’s why Rump couldn’t recruit.

Must be the same with Patsy. When a guy can’t recruit, he’s automatically Dr. Football according to CiS.

Advertisement
I understand what you are saying but if it's known to you and those of us who aren't directly in the coaching circles, how does Manny get these guys to come here if that's his reputation? Is it all about career progression for these guys where they say "hey, I'll suck it up for a year or two to get the University of Miami on my resume"?
#1 the university of miami on the resume doesn't at all hold the weight it used to. #2 ALL of the coaches that would be affected by that standard(manny micromanaging)were all unemployed when they came here. #2b might not be as well regarded as u guys may believe.

twill flow was a little too dirty south for manny
Manny wants that Miami bass bounce sound which hopefully this guy can deliver

Berrios was top10 in the FBS in punt return avg in 2016 and in 2017 he averaged 15.9 yards per return which would have put him at #2 in the country except he was two returns short of qualifying for the rankings. So basically, you have zero clue what you're talking about. Thanks.

Advertisement
Back