Patke LB Coach/ Aristide OLB

Thanks f4 yo opinion, neither twill or this dude has done anything here yet. So the last sentence of your post doesn't make sense!!
@scorpio40 yeah I’ve since changed my “narrative “. I wanted someone who can be good to great at both coaching and recruiting. Time will tell us about Aristide if he can hold down the Strikers position. Seeing as I went to HS in Houston most of my buddies ended up at A&M. They’re all freaking out that we landed Aristide. That has to speak well to his recruiting hops. Let’s all hope he can also keep the Striker spot cooking well for the defense as a whole. Frierson and Keontra played well last season as such I wouldn’t Ming Smith and Gilbert playing together at LB.

Advertisement
@scorpio40 yeah I’ve since changed my “narrative “. I wanted someone who can be good to great at both coaching and recruiting. Time will tell us about Aristide if he can hold down the Strikers position. Seeing as I went to HS in Houston most of my buddies ended up at A&M. They’re all freaking out that we landed Aristide. That has to speak well to his recruiting hops. Let’s all hope he can also keep the Striker spot cooking well for the defense as a whole. Frierson and Keontra played well last season as such I wouldn’t Ming Smith and Gilbert playing together at LB.
[/QUOTE
Big fan of gb3, like smith also! Since we really only use 2 backers we have jennings, brooks, huff, cave, flagg, steed, troutman, johnson, davis. Joyner left missing someone? But i hope we at least got 2 serviceable guys from that list🙏

And he got suckered into be an assistant dc
I'm curious what he got suckered into? I personally was looking forward to seeing how he would do here cause I like how he bought in to our history & seemed genuine in that. None of these other coaches are concerned with that standard except maybe jess. However he was an OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS coach here. Many didn't even give him the room, the title or a decent salary. Now he has a title for whatever that means. He has some responsibility in setting up a defense and calling it, he got a pay raise & HE'S LEARNING HOW TO CALL A DEFENSE UNDER TWO DIFFERENT RELATIVELY WELL REGARDS DEFENSIVE MINDS... How again was he suckered into something? Because miami fans see miami as a more prestigious job right now, the conference, the recruiting grounds? What is it that makes him a sucker when it would seem to most eyes he was suckered into coaching a position that we have very lil use for & don't put much emphasis on our **** self right here for us...

Advertisement
Patke taking LBs and Striker, Arstide outside CBs, DVD Slot CBs, and T Rob S
Now That's funny. Really starting to look like Manny doesn't know WTF he's doing. Why in the world would he expand his own coaching role when he's not a very good HC to begin with? Same could be said for Patke. Our LB play has been absolutely atrocious and he makes all of these moves putting a new staff together on that side of the ball but doesn't bring in a LB coach? After swinging and missing on TWill? This is twighlight zone ****!

Go Canes!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah.only thing that confuses me from a fans perspective is you guys(don't know if u were one of the individuals I'm speaking of)spent the last several years complaining about mike because he couldn't recruit. Well with mike that narrative was nonsense. With patke that's legit. He relates to no one. Dude knows his ****. Isn't even a bad dude. But he's a flat out but that no one from this area relates too. Searles knew his stuff but y'all were told from day one he's country as fvck and won't relate to any of these kids. It's hard to be a productive coach if you can't relate to the kids in your room...
Yup! Common sense isn't so common these days, brother!!

Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
I'm curious what he got suckered into? I personally was looking forward to seeing how he would do here cause I like how he bought in to our history & seemed genuine in that. None of these other coaches are concerned with that standard except maybe jess. However he was an OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS coach here. Many didn't even give him the room, the title or a decent salary. Now he has a title for whatever that means. He has some responsibility in setting up a defense and calling it, he got a pay raise & HE'S LEARNING HOW TO CALL A DEFENSE UNDER TWO DIFFERENT RELATIVELY WELL REGARDS DEFENSIVE MINDS... How again was he suckered into something? Because miami fans see miami as a more prestigious job right now, the conference, the recruiting grounds? What is it that makes him a sucker when it would seem to most eyes he was suckered into coaching a position that we have very lil use for & don't put much emphasis on our **** self right here for us...

Simple..... Gus offers better prospects for the future than Manuelo.... he could be out of a job potentially next season if Manny craps in bed this season.

I'm not going to blame the Drops on coaching... Dude literally tried like 5 different returners, when it comes to fielding punts you either got it or you don't
Only issue I had is not sticking with one guy. Shouldn't be that hard to figure out who you got and put the best guy (based on what you want) and ride him barring injury. The musical chair approach was a detriment to developing a consistent return guy in my view.

Simple..... Gus offers better prospects for the future than Manuelo.... he could be out of a job potentially next season if Manny craps in bed this season.
He got a promotion , that’s how you improve your future. It’s just that simple. This has nothing to do with who the head coach is. The faster way up the coaching tree is taking a dc job. Anyone with a lick of sense does this. It’s not a Gus vs manny thing. T Will would have a lb coach job **** near anywhere he wanted if manny is fired next year, but a dc job , not so much.

This isn’t a Gus vs Manny deal , as bad as some would like to make it that. It’s a common sense thing. Gus knew the way to get him would be the dc title and it worked.

Last edited:
Not Impressed with the coaching situation at LBer and Striker. Doesn’t improve Development issues or recruiting. Patke gets too much credit for special teams and Strikers. The striker position wasn’t that impactful at all this year especially when Frierson was not on the field. And special teams is weak outside of Hedley and Borregales.

Advertisement
Not Impressed with the coaching situation at LBer and Striker. Doesn’t improve Development issues or recruiting. Patke gets too much credit for special teams and Strikers. The striker position wasn’t that impactful at all this year especially when Frierson was not on the field. And special teams is weak outside of Hedley and Borregales.
Aristide’s supposed to be a strong recruiter so hopefully LB recruiting improves.

Advertisement
Which is pretty much the entire return game in football these days. What we witnessed in the return game last season was a complete embarrassment. We could barely fair catch for cot dam sakes.

Go Canes!!!
That's not on the coaches... I mean **** they tried like 5 different guys back there and worked at it like crazy at practice, we just didn't have the guys. We never had that problem with Berrios or Osborn.

He got a promotion , that’s how you improve your future. It’s just that simple. This has nothing to do with who the head coach is. The faster way up the coaching tree is taking a dc job. Anyone with a lick of sense does this. It’s not a Gus vs manny thing. T Will would have a lb coach job **** near anywhere he wanted if manny is fired next year, but a dc job , not so much.

This isn’t a Gus vs Manny deal , as bad as some would like to make it that. It’s a common sense thing. Gus knew the way to get him would be the dc title and it worked.
Well Gus would coach circles around Manny but that's irrelevant lol.

Well Gus would coach circles around Manny but that's irrelevant lol.
They faced each other twice in the SEC. In 2010 when Gus was the OC and had Cam and in 2015.
2010: Auburn won 17-14
2015 Miss St. won 17-9

So in head to head matchups Gus didn't have a good time against Manny

Side note: Lashlee was the OC for Auburn in that '15 game too

Advertisement
Back