Patke is 10th Coach

Can you dummies not turn this into a fire Richt thread. Lol at Richt being Golden2.0. You can be annoyed by the hire and remain even keeled. Richt is the best coach we’ve had since butch, I don’t agree with the Patke hire, but put your pitchforks down about Richt and walk away from the computer.

Richt is Golden 3.0............

Advertisement
Crazy. I thought for sure he would have responded.

Jimmy and Butch both did as did Paul Dee, but you are right, I have no connection to CMR other than the money I give (soon to be past tense) to the school.

Paul Dee wrote you back on Twitter? Do tell!

Nope numb nuts. We spoke by phone and by email. Ask anyone who gives real money, not just buying hot dogs, and you will find out that money equals access.

You give real money? How much a year?

Like it is said about most things, if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

I just tweeted to CMR that I was disappointed at this hire and that to me it reinforces the belief that our defensive coaches "are not good enough" to get an elite kid to the NFL first round-as was suggested by both AH Dbs yesterday. He immediately deleted it. Soft, very soft.

Now blocked by Rumph..............

Get the banners ready, we have Al 2.0

Crazy. I thought for sure he would have responded.

Jimmy and Butch both did as did Paul Dee, but you are right, I have no connection to CMR other than the money I give (soon to be past tense) to the school.

Man, aren't you ******* cool.

Lots and lots of complaining about the hire but not one suggestion as to who they should have hired. I'm curious as to who's available. Is there some unemployed savant out there? I'm not being sarcastic. I don't know this Patke guy and I'll refrain from judgement until he gives me something to judge him on. Otherwise, who SHOULD Miami have hired as a 10th coach?

How about this: D. VanDyke or Devin Hester (as ST coach/recruiter) Both are young, charismatic, former Canes, former NFL players, who should be able to relate to our typical recruit..............one has more experience as a coach than Patke and one is a future NFL HOF guy who was a special teams' legend...............both would be cheap-DH might have been almost free.

https://247sports.com/college/miami...oaching-Career-Aims-to-Land-at-Miami-51550311

https://247sports.com/college/miami...in-Hester-To-Coach-At-Paradise-Camp-102438770

So you want to hire another first time coach just b/c they played here?

Nope numb nuts. We spoke by phone and by email. Ask anyone who gives real money, not just buying hot dogs, and you will find out that money equals access.

Stand back, I think it is one of the Bacardis.

Advertisement

Did you donate during the golden years? If you gave money during the Golden years and your going to stop giving money now. You have to be bad with managing your money.

Advertisement
He has been coaching at Miami for 2 years... coaching the OLB ... it's official in title only... apparently Richt and Diaz are pleased with him.. I'm with promoting from within

Did he have any contact at all with Shaq or the other LBs during his/their recruitment? Just curious if you have any insight into his personality, recruiting acumen, or just general way of interacting with the kids. Thanks!

The kids love him... I never met him and during the Official Visit ... Richt complete staff was in place... it was still the old staff

Advertisement
NO...............we have 5

But hey combine Banda's bartending experience with his playing days at the University of the Immaculate Conception where he alternated between tight end and wide receiver depending on what Coach Padre wanted from him and you got practically another Bear Bryant in the making.

Advertisement
Back