Patchan to try TE?

MizCane

Senior
Per Gary Ferman....

If this is the case, I wish they would have tried this with DJax before he put on so much weight. He was a good basketball player and can run.

Interested to see how this develops.

Advertisement
Normally I would dismiss Ferman's BS.

But with the clutter of talent at DE and the vast hole at TE... Pathan def. has the body frame for it...

Interesting idea to explore

I hope this is just Sperman being the cumbag he is and not reality.

This TE obsession amongst UM fans is crazy af. Patchan can be a difference maker at DE. Fck a 3rd TE. If Herndon gets hurt, put tubby in. If Tubby can't handle it, then go 4 wide.

Advertisement
Not coming from Ferman. This news came from a poster named Reek....its Scott's uncle I believe. It's real.

Would be a shame not to utilize his pass rushing skills. However, if he excels at TE he'd have a realistic shot at being the starter in 2018.

Advertisement
Putrid idea if true. Absolutely putrid. He'll have a lot more people diving at his knees at full speed while running too.

Crazy, would muh rather have one of the bigger receivers move there. I like Scott patchan burst off the line of scrimmage a lot more than Demetrius Jackson for sure

Is he being moved or cross trained in the event something were to happen to Herndon? I'm

Putrid idea if true. Absolutely putrid. He'll have a lot more people diving at his knees at full speed while running too.

He probably wants to play and help the team.

Easier to do that as the 2nd TE (I think they hate Irving's guts) than as the 7th DE.

Advertisement
Reek said that the change has been being discussed for some time. He also said that Scott has a very hard time keeping his weight up. He recently was sick and lost like 10 lbs. he said he may get some reps in the BC game at DE but realistically he will be a TE only.

Advertisement

This TE obsession amongst UM fans is crazy af. Patchan can be a difference maker at DE. Fck a 3rd TE. If Herndon gets hurt, put tubby in. If Tubby can't handle it, then go 4 wide.

Some fans dont realize how bad the TE spot is.......dude on YT said we were 4 deep lol. People r crazy as ****..............im pretty sure Patchan will still play de

Going 4 wide every play would not be good for our offense because we are not an air raid team.
I think its fine to at least start getting him familiar with the plays. The only way he should ever see the field is if Herndon and Irvin jr Go down. But It can't hurt preparing for the worst.

This shouldn't even be an issue.. Yeah I'm looking at you Jovani Haskins

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back