Patchan to try TE?

Reek said that the change has been being discussed for some time. He also said that Scott has a very hard time keeping his weight up. He recently was sick and lost like 10 lbs. he said he may get some reps in the BC game at DE but realistically he will be a TE only.

I'm with it. Can always move him back to DE if necessary.

Better for him to switch positions than transfer.

Advertisement
DHywa_TNXg_AAke_P6.gif

Smh at Irvin Jr. Nuff said.

Hate to see it. Love the kid for taking one for the team if this is true. Would have been easy for him to say "F it" and transfer to USF or FIU and get immediate PT at DE. But he stuck it out and is doing whats best for the team. God knows we could use a second TE right about now. Herndon slips on a banana peel and we are going 4 wide 75% of the time the rest of the season. Smh.

Advertisement
Problem is that without patchan, we'll be down to 4 de's in 2018, not counting 2018 commits.

Switch him back if need be next season or push for grad transfers/JUCO. Worry about 2017.

Currently it appears we have 1 TE on the roster the coaches feel good about.

Advertisement
Depends on how we use/define "TE." If he's gonna go in-line and block in the I and we're gonna run him on seams then I hate it.

If he's gonna be an H-back in a spread offense and we use him like the Clemson or OSU offense uses theirs, then I think he can help there.

So, he's going to play more as a 3rd or 4th TE with zero experience at the position than he would as a 3rd team DE? We are going to be rotating DEs all day long if we're smart.

What makes him a better TE than Polendey? Or even Curry?

If Joe Jackson wasn't one of the best DEs in the country he would be such a beast at TE. I remember watching him at the opening tryouts at TE. Monster.

Advertisement
So, he's going to play more as a 3rd or 4th TE with zero experience at the position than he would as a 3rd team DE? We are going to be rotating DEs all day long if we're smart.

3rd team DE? Usually teams go with 4 and the 3rd team guys get in during mop up duty. Patchan is an athlete from that one play we all saw in the FSU game. This isnt really an indictment on him moreso then how little he trusts Irvin II. Polendey is a blocking TE and nothing more. If hes in the game you can rest assured the will not be covering him on passing downs.

Not saying he will be trotted out there in a two TE sets in the FSU Game..but...**** I dont know...just happy the kid didnt transfer out of here when it would have been the easy thing to do.

Advertisement
I hope this is just Sperman being the cumbag he is and not reality.

This TE obsession amongst UM fans is crazy af. Patchan can be a difference maker at DE. Fck a 3rd TE. If Herndon gets hurt, put tubby in. If Tubby can't handle it, then go 4 wide.

**** kid worked like **** to get back...now expose him to getting hit in the knees. SMH

Patchan has major upside at DE

If Joe Jackson wasn't one of the best DEs in the country he would be such a beast at TE. I remember watching him at the opening tryouts at TE. Monster.

That being said I cant wait til we can stop talking about switching players positions.

Patchan has the best chance at making the NFL at DE. It is not a good look when we have to move him due to garbage personnel at TE.

My *guess* would be athleticism, if they want to use the TE position as more of a flex-HB kind of position. Polendy isn't that guy and Irvin is by all reports a marshmallow man. I'd also guess he'll still spend most of his reps at DE and only play offense if Herndon goes down. With Jordan and Mallory in the fold for 2018 I have to assume his future is still DE unless he just LOVES playing offense.

Advertisement
Back