Pat Surtain

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like Adam Fuller was Lester's primary and Shannon was Jamari Howard's. Surtain was the primary for Cai Bates and Ricky Knight. His recruiting prowess being overrated or am I missing something?

Advertisement
Advertisement
If only we could get a former NFL guy and head coach at American Heritage as our DB coach, we would land all the top local DBs. ...
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Advertisement
Jarrian Jones was one of the highest graded CB's in the Nation last year, although there's many variables that factor into that. And Renardo Green played pretty well leading the ACC in forced incompletions.

But given the fact he's only been a College Coach for 1 year, I'd say his overall evaluation as a Coach in totality is still TBD.

Recruiting only matters to me if the on field play isn't producing. Idc really care if a Coach is an Ace recruiter who can't Coach, because CB is position that needs a technically savvy teacher that can get the players from point A to point B. The myth that if you just recruit/sign a bunch of 5-stars & they will miraculously play well on their own without learning proper technique, is just that, a myth.

Bama has only had 2 CB's drafted in the 1st round in the last 10 years & UGA has only had 1... They sign 5-star Corners in pretty much every class, so what does that tell you?

I am told Miami looked into him as DB coach but had concerns about recruiting effort. We need to upgrade there.
I believe he’s stated watching PS2 play (in person) has been important to him… maybe his commitment to that was a deal breaker?

Not sure what (if any) concessions he’s getting towards that with FSU? Mario may not have been cool with him being gone most Sundays and Monday/Thursday here and there.

So went (rumored) to a Marshall guy for recruiting- we sure he has that recruiting game/connections in him ? I mean i get it but also not really
It's about effort, personality and connecting with kids. Who cares where he came from. Guidry knows what is required to be on the staff; I just don't see him standing up for a guy that won't make his job easier....

Jarrian Jones was one of the highest graded CB's in the Nation last year, although there's many variables that factor into that. And Renardo Green played pretty well leading the ACC in forced incompletions.

But given the fact he's only been a College Coach for 1 year, I'd say his overall evaluation as a Coach in totality is still TBD.

Recruiting only matters to me if the on field play isn't producing. Idc really care if a Coach is an Ace recruiter who can't Coach, because CB is position that needs a technically savvy teacher that can get the players from point A to point B. The myth that if you just recruit/sign a bunch of 5-stars & they will miraculously play well on their own without learning proper technique, is just that, a myth.

Bama has only had 2 CB's drafted in the 1st round in the last 10 years & UGA has only had 1... They sign 5-star Corners in pretty much every class, so what does that tell you?

It tells me that it’s a hard position to develop, technique wise, and intellectually as well as effective field communication. Also tells me that five star athletic high school traits don’t always translate to the college game, especially when it comes to the cornerback position. What does it tell you?

Advertisement
Back