Pat Surtain, Jr and Tyson Campbell speak on Canes

the23Watcher

Sophomore
Two of nation's best cornerbacks say they're considering UM | Miami Herald

from Barry the Buzz Jackson

Surtain says LSu is top school right now, Miami in mix with several others. syas he speaks with CMR, Rumph, and banda a lot. more lately and wants to OV. says Al Blades, Harley, Bandy, and Nesta have been recruiting him to Miami.

Tyson Campbell says he doesn't have a "top school" right now. but says Miami is one of his top choices. FSU, UF, LSU, Michigan, bama, and a few others are also in the running.

says Nesta has been recruiting him to Miami

Last edited:
Advertisement
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Tyson is playing his recruitment really close to the vest.

That's why it's hilarious to see the 247 writers try to decide who was the lead for him. None of them have any clue, so they just make **** up

Ill say it. IF Surtain OVs, hes ours. Thats a big IF tho. Really strange he hasn't committed to LSU yet.

Changing the rule about hiring coaches and family members of recruits might be the reason. I had understood that L$U had promised his father a position. Having said that, if Orgeron as the coach, there is no salary cap.

Hard to see us landing both or even one of those guys without somebody decommiting.

If we finally do what we have been saying were supposed to do for the last decade, then we have a shot at anybody. Momentum will shift in a big way. The difference this time is, we have a proven coach.

Advertisement
Ill say it. IF Surtain OVs, hes ours. Thats a big IF tho. Really strange he hasn't committed to LSU yet.

Changing the rule about hiring coaches and family members of recruits might be the reason. I had understood that L$U had promised his father a position. Having said that, if Orgeron as the coach, there is no salary cap.

You are correct in your assessment.Lsu is trying to figure out how to accomodate him for a couple years until he can take the job what my buddy told me who Is very connected to the program..I think there's a 2 year wait period.Problem is Ed is only guaranteed for 2 years so if he gets canned does SR. Still have a job?

I'll say it again, if these South Florida kids stick together, sprinkle in a few outsiders they would be unstoppable. I wish these kids could just open their eyes and see what's right in front of them. Could you imagine the secondary we would have? it's hard to say the best of all time with the players we've had before them but wow it's very possible. It would be easy to say anyone, anywhere, any time again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already knew the TC situation so that doesn't really surprise me. I always figured that Miami was running third for Surtain, but the fact that he's considering an OV as well as attending multiple games, it's a very promising start, especially if we beat FSU, and LSU has another disappointing season. What's even more encouraging is that Nesta has been actively recruiting them for some time, which shuts down all the flip divas on Gatorbait, and this board as well.

Surtain has been locked in with LSU for over a year. Waste of time recruiting him. Campbell is gonna be down to the wire. If we **** up this season he'll leave the state, if we handle business he's ours. Gotta show him its worth staying home

Advertisement

You are correct in your assessment.Lsu is trying to figure out how to accomodate him for a couple years until he can take the job what my buddy told me who Is very connected to the program..I think there's a 2 year wait period.Problem is Ed is only guaranteed for 2 years so if he gets canned does SR. Still have a job?

They can still be hired as an on the field coach but not in an advisory position...

I said in another thread I'm riding with the everyone gif.
And next year it the LB's. Also, didn't Someone say that between the cuurent commits and silents see are full?
Haven't seen the everyone gif in a while but f..ck yeah!! EVERYONE!!!

Advertisement

They can still be hired as an on the field coach but not in an advisory position...

Which in LSU Case it would mean Aranda having to let go of someone and I think most if not all of the defensive staff was brought in by him.I believe when all of this started a year ago the defensive backs coach( forget his name) was in line for an OC job at Tulane or some school like that, which would have opened up the spot but the guy didn't get the job.

Ed Orgeron is gonna ruin that program. I couldn't be happier. 1 less SEC school getting unearned hype.

Advertisement
Back