Pat Narduzzi is right

This guy pat narduzzi is good for this league, and is not afraid to speak his **** mind, I like that type ****, he's the type of headcoach that guys want to play for, a confident **** like him would've done well here, those the type headcoaches that would thrive here. We've had to much soft **** running thru this program far to long, that **** needs to keep being weeded out of this coaching staffed or groomed out!

Advertisement
“I hope they do (join the league fully). To me, it’s either you play with us or you don’t play with us,” Narduzzi said, according to John McGonigal of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “You know? You’d almost like to boycott them. But if you want to play in the ACC, come play in the ACC. I’m not the commissioner. So that’s John Swofford’s job to help out there. But to me, it’s either play or don’t play. And if you don’t want to play, let’s not give them five games. Let them go play BYU or whoever else they want to play. We shouldn’t be giving them games. But they’re talented, and we’d love to have them in the ACC for sure.”

He's right, except Notre Dame won't need to play the BYU's of the world. They'll still get USC and Stanford, as well as Big Ten squads like Michigan, Michigan State and others. Lots of team will line up to play Notre Dame.

Swofford should absolutely force their hand after the way 2020 has played out for them, though. Full agreement there.

The gist of what he's saying is correct, ND should be all in if they want to enjoy the benefits of being in a conference.

However, ND would be able to get 5 Power 5 opponents to replace the 5 ACC teams quite easily. The only reason they play 5 ACC teams each year was as a concession to being in the conference for all other sports.

That's not the point.

I thought I saw that it was a financial benefit to us, given reduced ticket sales with Covid, to let them in this year, but beyond that I hate it. They’re in the conference for Basketball and they opt out of football until they need it for a year.
They're in the conference in every sport except football. I would have never let them get away with that. They get a huge benefit from being in the ACC for men's and women's basketball that they couldn't get anywhere else. They'd be playing in some low budget group of 5 conference instead of being in the biggest premier conference for both genders.

With the Big 12 being the only other P5 conference with room to expand for football, the ACC played itself when it allowed ND in the conference without demanding football is included. They sold out the conference for the money and hurt it's integrity in the process. Now you have ND on the cusp of winning an ACC title. ND is thinking "thank for our **** trophy and goodbye."

Advertisement
The time to play hardball with nd and offer them contract for full ACC admittance (sign it or kicks rocks) was a few months ago. ACC caved and let them in this year. They'll be back to their stupid 5 games or dumb $h!t in '21.

Advertisement
ACC screwed themselves allowing ND in the conference in every sport but Football. That negotiating tactic is off the table. But if teams play only conference games next year then you force their hand. All in or gtfo. However, who knows what happens next season with the schedule.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Swofford is a ********-less commissioner that has absolutely no clue to what he's doing and has botched everything presented to him. But it doesn't help that the AD's in this conference are right there with him.

Miami might get left out of their conference championship game and a chance for a playoff appearance because of this decision.

I said this to all my friends. The ACC teams should have been ****ed when they let ND in. How convenient these hypocrites need us now but for years told us they are independent. You wanna be independent? Fine go for it. But don’t come calling when you need us. Just another reason the conference is garbage. Can’t stand these clowns in charge. Not only did they let em in. Then they postponed their game vs. WF till 12/12 and pushed the ACCCG till the 19th. These dudes have been given everything. Enough man. We don’t owe them anything.
The reason they agreed is because ND has to share its TV revenue from NBC. There’s no way the teams were going to say no to that with stadiums either empty or close to empty.

Advertisement
He is right if they wanna be independent let them get 12 random games, not guarantee them 5 from the ACC. It's a joke and now when the pandemic hit they are allowed to play a full season here. None of that is ok.
I think we make them play 5 games in the ACC football so they can join for basketball. It is a luxury to get them to play our teams that much for the revenue it generates for us too, but I agree they should join this conference, it would be good for the ACC, less good for ND. But ND wants that basketball action, so we have to make tradeoffs here. They have a chance at winning the ACC, I don't think it would be that easy for them in the Big 10 if it ever came down to them having to choose a conference. Would love to have them, hate them like the plague but would love to have them join, put them in the Coastal so we can play them every year!

Narduzzi is right. I was LIVID the day ND was added to the conference for all sports except football, because I knew it was an example of the ACC leadership being incompetent. ND had NOWHERE TO GO when the old Big East broke up. They had no home for their basketball programs, nor any of their Olympic sports. The Big Ten and Big XII weren't going to let them join. Why did the ACC let them without tying admission to joining in full? Either you join completely, or you are on your own.

Swofford gave ND something for nothing, when they didn't have a leg to stand on. Good luck being an independent in basketball. Good luck being an independent in **** near every other sport. That is what should have happened.

The reason they agreed is because ND has to share its TV revenue from NBC. There’s no way the teams were going to say no to that with stadiums either empty or close to empty.
This is the first I hear of this. I didn’t think that was even remotely a possibility. It makes a little more sense that way, but I’m still of the mindset of telling them to find their own schedule independently.

Advertisement
Back