passing up on kids

TP800 said:
This Lol like people actually know what he may turn out to be. Truly ridiculous.

Not even about that. As of now he's not a standout but he can play ball, but he's the greatest linebacker that's ever played the games son not to mention a UM Legacy. Take.

Totally disagree. You only take the kid if he's high on your board. You have to pass on legacies every year.

Yeah, but you dont pass on that type of legacy. Its not a good look.

Advertisement
The obvious key to Lil Ray, is seeing if we can get Big Ray will pay his way and open up a schollie. Then all of a sudden its a no brainer to have him in this class. Funny how that works. We're not talking about Diddy's kid going to UCLA, this is a U family member who hopefully can see the benefits to the program by footing the bill for his sons tuition. That being said, it's not my wallet.

Come on Diego... the son of the greatest linebacker ever who is a legacy. Should not pass.

Come on Diego... the son of the greatest linebacker ever who is a legacy. Should not pass.

And he likely switches to a position of need S. I don't mind him being the 3-4th S in this class, as long as Carter and Burns are 1-2.

Seriously tired of hearing the questioning of taking ray Lewis lll. You take him.

If you mean me don't get it twisted. I don't question that decision one bit. Just saying in a small class we have used a couple of scholarships filling some needs that's all. I would have been ****ed if Ray Lewis son wouldn't have been on this team.

Advertisement

And he likely switches to a position of need S. I don't mind him being the 3-4th S in this class, as long as Carter and Burns are 1-2.

I can see him growing into an undersized LB who makes up with it with athletic ability and intelligence. Let Golden and Swasey bulk him up and see what happens. I believe he will start at S though.

Seriously tired of hearing the questioning of taking ray Lewis lll. You take him.

If you mean me don't get it twisted. I don't question that decision one bit. Just saying in a small class we have used a couple of scholarships filling some needs that's all. I would have been ****ed is Ray Lewis son wouldn't have been on this team.

not necessarily you bro, I have heard that almost every time the kid is brought up. I cant stress enough that Ray Lewis is the greatest LB's of all time and one of the most durable and intense. Ray Lewis is a man who bleeds orange and green and is a man of strong character regardless of what people want to say about him. If his boy is 1/4 of the player and half the man his father is he is going to be a great player or at least a great locker room leader on this team for 4 years. I dont care if we are taking 5 players, he needs to be one.

68.jpg

Advertisement
You are seriously accusing this staff of "giving up"?

I don't get our fans sometimes.

First off we haven't given up on Whitfield. Second you don't even know the other examples name. Instead of falling for false rumors and internet hearsay why don't you use common sense?

What this guy said. Our staff is RELENTLESS.

I have no opinion on RLIII, I trust the staff so they must like him as a prospect so that's good enough for me.

I'm just saying you can't take a legacy kids just because they are a legacy kid (whether its Lewis, Kelly, or in the future Reed, Dorsey). We have a limited # of scholarships this year, we might be looking at a reduction of scholarships in the future, every one is extremely important. College football is a business, you need to bring in the very best you can and sometimes you have to leave behind people who really want to be Canes.

Again, this isn't judging RLIII as I have no personal opinion on whether the kid is worthy of a scholarship. I'll leave that to the people who have seen him play in person.

I have no opinion on RLIII, I trust the staff so they must like him as a prospect so that's good enough for me.

I'm just saying you can't take a legacy kids just because they are a legacy kid (whether its Lewis, Kelly, or in the future Reed, Dorsey). We have a limited # of scholarships this year, we might be looking at a reduction of scholarships in the future, every one is extremely important. College football is a business, you need to bring in the very best you can and sometimes you have to leave behind people who really want to be Canes.

Again, this isn't judging RLIII as I have no personal opinion on whether the kid is worthy of a scholarship. I'll leave that to the people who have seen him play in person.

fair enough

Diego.. I disagree.. his son is a different type of legacy. Let's see what he does his senior year.. and get him into the program and go from there. Let's have this same conversation next summer and see how you feel.

Advertisement

I can see him growing into an undersized LB who makes up with it with athletic ability and intelligence. Let Golden and Swasey bulk him up and see what happens. I believe he will start at S though.

Ray Jr. Is not taking a Safety spot from this class, what he is doing is taking a spot from a DE or LB or OL.

fair enough

+1

TP800 said:
This Lol like people actually know what he may turn out to be. Truly ridiculous.

Not even about that. As of now he's not a standout but he can play ball, but he's the greatest linebacker that's ever played the games son not to mention a UM Legacy. Take.

Totally disagree. You only take the kid if he's high on your board. You have to pass on legacies every year.

I have to respectfully disagree, Deigo. Ray's kid is no chump and his desire and work ethic alone probably caught the attention of the staff just as much as his last name. We are a dynasty and if this kid can contribute in any meaningful way then I say, "Long Live the Kingdom of the U!"

Advertisement
lot of good respectful banter in this thread. at least we can all agree on one thing... this kid is going to have crazy work ethic and leadership abilities.

TP800 said:

I have to respectfully disagree, Deigo. Ray's kid is no chump and his desire and work ethic alone probably caught the attention of the staff just as much as his last name. We are a dynasty and if this kid can contribute in any meaningful way then I say, "Long Live the Kingdom of the U!"

And it's not like he's running for 500yds a season in HS. He's stats are as good as Taylor's from Glades Day. I'm not saying RL3 is on that level, but the kid is clearly a good football player. Add that to the fact that he's Ray's kid and it's a no-brainer.

Since no one knows whether RLIII even takes a scholarship in the class, it seems pointless and in poor taste to have a bunch of board threads crapping on the decision to take the kid.

Maybe he gets a scholarship. Maybe he walks on and dad pays.

AG had a reason for taking the commitment. And RL isn't another alum. And he's not just the best LB ever to play the game. He's not even just the most inspirational player and best leader ever. He's an iconic figure to this generation of youngsters. There is no other Ray Lewis anywhere. He's the cover of Madden Football, the face of Monday Night Football and the NFL, a living legend. So what, you say? If he loves UM, he'll still support us. Okay, sure. But there's support, and then there's having your son here. It's a fact that he'll be around the program more with his kid here. And if that can win a tie on a few kids we're seeking, which it clearly could, then, well, that's why the essence of strategy is trade-offs.

Since no one knows whether RLIII even takes a scholarship in the class, it seems pointless and in poor taste to have a bunch of board threads crapping on the decision to take the kid.

Maybe he gets a scholarship. Maybe he walks on and dad pays.

AG had a reason for taking the commitment. And RL isn't another alum. And he's not just the best LB ever to play the game. He's not even just the most inspirational player and best leader ever. He's an iconic figure to this generation of youngsters. There is no other Ray Lewis anywhere. He's the cover of Madden Football, the face of Monday Night Football and the NFL, a living legend. So what, you say? If he loves UM, he'll still support us. Okay, sure. But there's support, and then there's having your son here. It's a fact that he'll be around the program more with his kid here. And if that can win a tie on a few kids we're seeking, which it clearly could, then, well, that's why the essence of strategy is trade-offs.

bingo-women.jpg

Advertisement
Back