passing up on kids

StateOfMiamiU

Freshman
this may just be me but does it seem like our coaches are almost passing up on kids already in the process. I know it's ridiculous I can't name names off the top of my head but I've heard about us giving up on kids like whitfield, then their was some D-lineman that i think I heard this was happening too. also when kearse decommitted people were saying we were over with him. Kearse I can kind of understand cause he has decommitted before. So pretty much my point is that it seems like our staff is giving up on kids that we should be keeping with. think about last year with kids like tracy, deon and mccord. kids that were from south florida and didn't committ till the end of the process. I just don't want to see us missing out on kids cause we gave up to fast. just want to hear your opinions I could be wrong with the whole thing.

Also just want to make sure that some of these kids are miami caliber that were going after. with the small class i don't want to be reaching on kids like RLIII,Gall and Kerr. im only asking because im not one to be able to watch kids films film and disect them.

Advertisement
Gall and Kerr play spots that we need recruits at so, big class or small, we need kids that fit their roles. I don't love either of them as prospects, but I understand that they play specific roles that Jayvon Kearse can't.

For kids like Whitfield, its a small class and there are plenty of options. We're taking 1 or 2 receivers.

You are seriously accusing this staff of "giving up"?

I don't get our fans sometimes.

First off we haven't given up on Whitfield. Second you don't even know the other examples name. Instead of falling for false rumors and internet hearsay why don't you use common sense?

First rule of recruiting is do not believe anything you read or hear. You take it in, store it in your brain, and then move on. If you listen to everyone then you would have known that Tracy would never come here and Gruden was our coach.

Your comment about Howard, Bush, and McCord should allay your concerns.

And if that doesn't, remember that soon after Golden got hired, he drove for hours in the middle of the night to meet with Thomas Finnie at his home because Corch seemingly hadn't bothered to recruit Miami Central kids.

The last thing I'm worried about with Golden is him giving up in recruiting battles.

Advertisement
First rule of recruiting is do not believe anything you read or hear. You take it in, store it in your brain, and then move on. If you listen to everyone then you would have known that Tracy would never come here and Gruden was our coach.

You couldn't be more right.

+ a lot.

Give me a 3-star OL from Ohio and I'll show you a 4-5 star kid from Florida that is a bust. Midwest OL make a nice addition to Golden's roster.

I would say the last thing we are doing is "passing" up on kids. With limited schollies this year, the staff has to be picky on their selections. So far so good. Sure Estime, Deeb, and countless other cats woulld be Canes if offered, but there is a process in effect. The roster depth is being constructed in a matter that may not make sense at first to us bloggers, but the coaches have every idea what they're doing. Even The Ringer webpage has us all over a pretty **** good 18-19 player recruiting class. Just be patient and let the next 8 months play out. One way or another, you won't be dissapointed.

Athletic O-Lineman, safeties, a TE or two, and the best available players at the remaining positions are all in play. Why settle for the biggest Canes fan instead of search for your gem? Dobard, never heard of him, solid. Kerr, never heard of him, athletic and maneuverable. Gall, never heard of him, solid prospect. Not even gonna start on last years class. Enjoy the process bro, the staff is holding these "camps" as try outs. We will get what we need in time.

Last edited:
Agree that our staff is not giving up on anyone that we want. If there are better options and a kid decides he wants to look elsewhere then that kid risks losing the spot he was occupying. That's not just at UM that's everywhere. No one should ever believe that this staff is not hustling on the recruiting trail. For the first time in a decade I honestly feel that we are all over recruiting. No stone goes unturned.

You are seriously accusing this staff of "giving up"?

I don't get our fans sometimes.

First off we haven't given up on Whitfield. Second you don't even know the other examples name. Instead of falling for false rumors and internet hearsay why don't you use common sense?

Advertisement
my bad giving up was probably a bad word to use their what I meant was passing up on them. I know the staff works their *** off with recruiting. we have tracy howard to prove that.

...remember that soon after Golden got hired, he drove for hours in the middle of the night to meet with Thomas Finnie at his home because Corch seemingly hadn't bothered to recruit Miami Central kids.

The last thing I'm worried about with Golden is him giving up in recruiting battles.

If I remember correctly, it was a Thursday evening in-home with the Chickillos and an overnight drive back to Miami for a Friday morning in-home at the Finnie residence, which made Tom change from EE to South Carolina to EE at UM in the blink of an eye. That was the story of the recruiting cycle.

my bad giving up was probably a bad word to use their what I meant was passing up on them. I know the staff works their *** off with recruiting. we have tracy howard to prove that.

I was probably a little harsh. Just got to keep in mind its a small class and we are in it with a lot of really really good players.

Have faith.

yah i'm sure we'll end up witha good class. I feal like Al has a good eye for kids.

I was probably a little harsh. Just got to keep in mind its a small class and we are in it with a lot of really really good players.

Have faith.

Advertisement
yah i'm sure we'll end up witha good class. I feal like Al has a good eye for kids.

Have faith.

We still had some needs to fill and then we reached a bit on Ray Lewis so after that it doesn't leave much wiggle room. Most of the high profile guys like to wait it out a bit so it might be a little bit of a tightrope act for a while. Going into this season a lot of people familiar with recruiting were using the word "epic" describing the potential of this class(and next years). Should be fun.

...remember that soon after Golden got hired, he drove for hours in the middle of the night to meet with Thomas Finnie at his home because Corch seemingly hadn't bothered to recruit Miami Central kids.

If I remember correctly, it was a Thursday evening in-home with the Chickillos and an overnight drive back to Miami for a Friday morning in-home at the Finnie residence, which made Tom change from EE to South Carolina to EE at UM in the blink of an eye. That was the story of the recruiting cycle.

Yeah I knew it was something crazy like that.

That's epic work right there.

You can't even do that on NCAA Football on PS3.

My favorite part of the story was Finnie's folks saying how Golden apologized for the previous staff messing up by not recruiting him. Wonder how many times he had to use that line.

Advertisement
Seriously tired of hearing the questioning of taking ray Lewis lll. You take him.

TP800 said:
This Lol like people actually know what he may turn out to be. Truly ridiculous.

Not even about that. As of now he's not a standout but he can play ball, but he's the greatest linebacker that's ever played the games son not to mention a UM Legacy. Take.

TP800 said:
This Lol like people actually know what he may turn out to be. Truly ridiculous.

Not even about that. As of now he's not a standout but he can play ball, but he's the greatest linebacker that's ever played the games son not to mention a UM Legacy. Take.

Totally disagree. You only take the kid if he's high on your board. You have to pass on legacies every year.

Advertisement
Back