Parrish will be on campus on Friday, talks connection with Chaney

View as article
Best guy in the state at RB is Demarcus Bowman of Lakeland. He tore it up at our Paradise camp last year and again in Lakeland’s state championship game. 5 star. Looks like a Florida lean, however, following his two teammates (Zipperer and Summeral) who stiffed us in February.

As said above, I’d take Holmes and Parrish to go along with Chaney. Parrish doesn’t blow you away physically. But, he makes plays and scores with consistency. Hard nosed. Tough. Real football player.

Holmes could be our version of Percy Harvin. Super fast and elusive. Speed back. Slot receiver. Jet sweep threat. Dynamic.

Sign them up!

Advertisement
This.

Why cant we take both? Holmes is not going to line up in the backfield. He can be deadly in the slot and as as kr/pr.

Not sure the numbers are going to be there for initial counter to take 3 RBs over say DL or OL.

Why wouldn't you line Holmes up in the backfield?

Best guy in the state at RB is Demarcus Bowman of Lakeland. He tore it up at our Paradise camp last year and again in Lakeland’s state championship game. 5 star. Looks like a Florida lean, however, following his two teammates (Zipperer and Summeral) who stiffed us in February.

As said above, I’d take Holmes and Parrish to go along with Chaney. Parrish doesn’t blow you away physically. But, he makes plays and scores with consistency. Hard nosed. Tough. Real football player.

Holmes could be our version of Percy Harvin. Super fast and elusive. Speed back. Slot receiver. Jet sweep threat. Dynamic.

Sign them up!
I wouldn't take 3 RB. We got Chaney on deck. One more is more than enough. I like both Holmes and Parrish but I'm not sold that one of them will be the 2nd choice yet.

Advertisement
@DMoney..tell me this isn’t another “Charlie Jones/ Joe Yearby” situation where a Dade County legend at RBs skills don’t translate to the next level because they don’t have any elite traits just a lot of good ones?

Advertisement
Every Dade RB legend that made it to the college ranks and to the nfl had one elite trait. The ones that didn’t have it, flamed out in college. We have been on the short end of that stick too often these last few years. We know Chaney is the “Don dada”.

Parrish is a much better running back than Holmes. Much better vision and feet. Parrish dominated the best competition in America. Holmes did not.

The numbers do not lie in this case.

Lets see how this year goes. Production is good to see, no doubt. But doesn't always translate at the next level.

Consider this article: Yearby vs Cook

Advertisement
And for all the talk about explosiveness, Holmes averaged 6.6 yards per carry (1,196 yards total) on a traditional powerhouse, Cocoa.

Parrish averaged 10.4 yards per carry (1,878 yards) against a much tougher schedule, with some of his longest runs coming against the best defenses in the state.

Holmes is a great athlete but he is not in the same class as Parrish as a runner. He’s not natural.

Track times are not terribly impressive for this kid. Kind of surprised.

Not surprised after watching film. I do like his vision and ability to change direction so easily though. I will take a fluid back over raw speed.

Advertisement
And for all the talk about explosiveness, Holmes averaged 6.6 yards per carry (1,196 yards total) on a traditional powerhouse, Cocoa.

Parrish averaged 10.4 yards per carry (1,878 yards) against a much tougher schedule, with some of his longest runs coming against the best defenses in the state.

Holmes is a great athlete but he is not in the same class as Parrish as a runner. He’s not natural.

We will see my man. I hope you're right about Parrish. Do you get the sense that he is being slow-played right now?

How is the staff playing this?

Parrish is the truth. Look at the tape: he's a natural born RB with excellent vision and passion for the game. Pair this kid with Chaney now and call it a wrap.

Advertisement
Back