Parrish lands offer, visit from Thomas Brown within same week

View as article
He’s def better to an Brown… personally I don’t think he’s gonna be a difference maker at all. I think Thad can though if he slims down to about 230 and maybe add a little more quickness to his game.
When we got Brown and Thad everyone was hyped and now they want transfers and these guys were freshmen playing behind a trash oline (run blocking wise) with a very predictable run game that only had two run plays. We lack depth but we don’t need an older guy. We just need a freshman we can shirt next year. Yea you want competition but you want them spread out class wise and guys wait their turn and compete to get better.

Advertisement
When we got Brown and Thad everyone was hyped and now they want transfers and these guys were freshmen playing behind a trash oline (run blocking wise) with a very predictable run game that only had two run plays. We lack depth but we don’t need an older guy. We just need a freshman we can shirt next year. Yea you want competition but you want them spread out class wise and guys wait their turn and compete to get better.
I always like Thad and was indifferent about Brown from the beginning. He chose to be a cane so I was def supporting the guy but from what I saw this past season, I didn’t see much. He has plenty of time though not saying we should get rid of him or he has no use. We should spread them out class wise, but if we have space and a recruit is good I’m all for taking him regardless of the position and let nature takes its course.

This. And people just assume Don will be the same when he gets back. Nobody knows. We do know Knighton can't carry the load.
Why do we know Rooster can’t carry the load? Because of his size?
I saw a lot of evidence from Rooster that he can And did carry the load. Sometimes we all let our preconceived notions determine out position as opposed to what our eyes see. Rooster is, IMO, a number 1 back. I’d prefer fewer inside zone runs for him but not fewer touches overall.

I saw a lot of evidence from Rooster that he can And did carry the load. Sometimes we all let our preconceived notions determine out position as opposed to what our eyes see. Rooster is, IMO, a number 1 back. I’d prefer fewer inside zone runs for him but not fewer touches overall.
He definitely has the mindset to do it..but I would prefer a quality 1b or 2nd back..without cam and Don, when rooster was the only one healthy and we HAD to feature him, he showed he can handle it in a small sample of games and produced big time..but that should not be a plan heading into the szn..I’m interested most too see how 4 attacks the off szn strength program and what he looks like in the spring

Maybe so, but Cam never averaged less than 5 ypc.

The hate and libel directed at Cam was really unwarranted.

Our greats have made our standards for backs really high but Cam is a very good player even with his flaws.

I have a feeling he will play in the league for a while. Our oline recruiting and coaching really let him down here.

Advertisement
Cam and all his body of work in a canes uni is below average but Rooster and his sub 4 ypc last year is above average… LOL!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Cam is the king at getting absolutely nothing all game then busting one 60 yard run every once in a blue moon. That’s very below average regardless what his ypc says. Again stats aren’t everything. You need to know the context.

If you remove the Central Connecticut State game from Cam Harris’s stats (Rooster only played against P5 Schools) Cam Harris had like 4.3ypc and 4.85 yards per touch. Rooster averaged 5.1 yards/touch. Knighton has more talent as well.

Did you watch the games? He breaks down quick. He runs tough but hes not built for it. Injury waiting to happen.

Advertisement
The oline sucks in the run. And has for at least 3 szn. No matter the run schemes. They sucked on inside zones..sucked in power ( sometimes embarrassingly so ) they would get knocked back and beat to the spot on stretch runs . Our running back room talent wise is fine. This staff needs to and will put a emphasis on IOL talent acquisition

First off, Parrish is a guy who has been beloved on here for years now for some reason. I think its that whole CCHS connection on this site because you guys love this kid. Here we are arguing about a kid whos not even in the portal. (rolling eyes)

And I didnt really like Parrish back then and dont think we need him now. Lane felt the need to bring in Zach Evans so that tells me all I need to know..And lastly, why would he come to a RB room that has 4 RBs already in place? Might as well stay where hes at.

Advertisement
Did you watch the games? He breaks down quick. He runs tough but hes not built for it. Injury waiting to happen.
All I saw was a guy who did not get hurt. On the other hand Chaney looks like he can run thru a wall and can’t make it thru half a season and even had injury issues in high school. Some people get hurt easier that others; partially due to luck and partially to physiology.

What plays did we call for Cam Harris? He ran for 5.8 yards per carry.
Come on Dmoney..if Cam ran for 5.8 ypc nobody knows that but him and you. Cam left alot to be desired in his career here. Just never felt like he got any closure and never felt like he had that signature game that we wont forget. That said, I wouldnt be surprised if he popped up on a 53 man squad at some point either.

I really do not want to make this a Cam vs Rooster thread, because I like Cam, but stats do not tell the whole story.

Cam has a small handful of runs that heavily skew his average. You obviously can’t discount those runs, but Rooster’s YPC is less because he actually got that 4 yards consistently between the tackles and kept us ahead of the chains.

Rooster also had a lot of goal line carries that limit yards, and then to top it all off, had explosive plays like Cam but instead in the passing game.

That being said I could see Cam having success in the league where I think he fits better.

Advertisement
I really do not want to make this a Cam vs Rooster thread, because I like Cam, but stats do not tell the whole story.

Cam has a small handful of runs that heavily skew his average. You obviously can’t discount those runs, but Rooster’s YPC is less because he actually got that 4 yards consistently between the tackles and kept us ahead of the chains.

Rooster also had a lot of goal line carries that limit yards, and then to top it all off, had explosive plays like Cam but instead in the passing game.

That being said I could see Cam having success in the league where I think he fits better.
But why isn’t Rooster making those explosive runs? That’s supposed to be his game.

Cam is the king at getting absolutely nothing all game then busting one 60 yard run every once in a blue moon. That’s very below average regardless what his ypc says. Again stats aren’t everything. You need to know the context.

If you remove the Central Connecticut State game from Cam Harris’s stats (Rooster only played against P5 Schools) Cam Harris had like 4.3ypc and 4.85 yards per touch. Rooster averaged 5.1 yards/touch. Knighton has more talent as well.
So he’s a poor man’s saquan Barkley

I don’t want to make this a bash session on Rooster and Chaney. Rooster is an awesome, proven offensive weapon. His TD catches against UNC and FSU were two of the best plays I’ve seen from Miami in a decade. And Chaney has first-round tools if it comes together.

With that said, the numbers speak for themselves. We aren’t running the ball well enough, and some of that falls on the backs. I’m not going to turn down talent until the running game is where it needs to be.

Advertisement
Back