Parker Braun - GT OL Grad Transfer

So where does Miami fit into all of this?

Mike Braun says Parker “hasn’t decided anything” yet on if he’ll definitely visit UM, but if it happens it would likely be in March.

“He’s still in the process of trying to determine all the places that have an interest and sort them out,” dad said. “I think that Parker is just going through it methodically, we’ll have to see. From our conversations he’s still in the process of getting phone calls.”

He adds that “He visited Florida, but that’s not an indication of anything more than the opportunity arose and he visited.”

Miami coaches have spoken with Mike and Parker, and dad says “Miami wants him as much as anyone else. They have a need, a role for him. For him it’s not a recruiting issue (of who needs him most) - it’s about a place where he can compete and play against the best in the country with the best in the place he wants and that sets him up to be marketable at the next level. It’s about where is the fit going to be, and that fit is academic, football, next level preparation.”

Advertisement
I've said it a few times but it really can't be said enough......you really can't overstate how important it'd be for Miami to get this kid.

And even better, it seems UF is very much in the thick of this as well. So not getting him at Miami and allowing him to get to UF would be devastating for 8/31.

I'll put it this way, if Parker Braun goes to Miami or UF, he will be the best OL on the field on 8/31. So I really can't stress enough how important it is for him to be wearing green in that game and not blue.

Kennedy, Braun, Gaynor, Donaldson, Scaife is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade to what Miami had last year across the OL. This kid is absolutely, positively, massively gigantic for Miami. They HAVE to get him here. And for god's sake, don't let him go to UF.

How Fvcken hard is it to decide if you want to visit Miami or not? Doesn't sound like much interest to me. hope I'm wrong on that front. It just seems to me it shouldn't be that hard to decide if he wants to visit or not

How Fvcken hard is it to decide if you want to visit Miami or not? Doesn't sound like much interest to me. hope I'm wrong on that front. It just seems to me it shouldn't be that hard to decide if he wants to visit or not
I think they’re fishing for “better” offers in their mind. Doesn’t mean he won’t visit.

Also that UF quote, eeeesh.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've said it a few times but it really can't be said enough......you really can't overstate how important it'd be for Miami to get this kid.

And even better, it seems UF is very much in the thick of this as well. So not getting him at Miami and allowing him to get to UF would be devastating for 8/31.

I'll put it this way, if Parker Braun goes to Miami or UF, he will be the best OL on the field on 8/31. So I really can't stress enough how important it is for him to be wearing green in that game and not blue.

Kennedy, Braun, Gaynor, Donaldson, Scaife is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade to what Miami had last year across the OL. This kid is absolutely, positively, massively gigantic for Miami. They HAVE to get him here. And for god's sake, don't let him go to UF.
This Braun kid sounds like he will be making his own decision based on which school gives him the best chance to get to the next level. He may choose UF just to see how he fares against SEC competition. At UM he would be facing the same teams he did at GT.

He may choose UM to prove he can pass block ,something he was rarely asked to do at GT. Whatever the reason, he doesn't sound like someone that will be influenced by the typical recruiting pitch. He knows what he specifically is looking for and that is where he will go.

He went to GT. That's an actual school. As in, you need to be legitimately intelligent to attend that university. Makes total sense the kid is taking his time and doing this methodically.

he also still has to graduate so he cant travel each weekend to different schools.

He also stated in the past that he's looking for a school that will help him academically. Wants his Masters so that if the NFL doesn't workout he is set. With that, why not stay at GT?

Advertisement

That oline is the best oline we've had in a decade and if I'm a transfer olineman I want an NFL caliber oline coach and even as an assistant Barry has some respect and knowledge of what it takes to make it

Glad he used the UF visit already, keep them in the back of his memory. Not putting too much stock into the fact he hasn't set up a visit as he hasn't visited anywhere else yet and it has been said Texas and OSU will be heavily involved. Just get him on campus for an OV and we are in the game.

Advertisement
This Braun kid sounds like he will be making his own decision based on which school gives him the best chance to get to the next level. He may choose UF just to see how he fares against SEC competition. At UM he would be facing the same teams he did at GT.

He may choose UM to prove he can pass block ,something he was rarely asked to do at GT. Whatever the reason, he doesn't sound like someone that will be influenced by the typical recruiting pitch. He knows what he specifically is looking for and that is where he will go.
Sounds like Braun has an active brain and is willing to use it... the typical pitch will not be very effective..
I .respect his due diligence, but I would still love the fact that he could seriously consider the U, and head for the Gables, as a final decision.
One question, how tight is his father with our Coaching group?..after Coaching at Lincoln and Leon up there?...

Advertisement
Back