Parker Braun - GT OL Grad Transfer

Holy sh*t take your ****ing contest somewhere else. If you’re so god **** rustled over an internet argument, pm each other and settle it there. Not here where the vast majority of thread viewers want absolutely nothing to do with it. Please.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Private sector (big research laboratories, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, etc.), academia (top schools in the world, like Princeton, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Oxford, etc), and government (NASA, NSA, etc).

You’re insane if you think the top “business majors” come up to even the nutsacks of the guys that graduate from schools like Princeton, Harvard, and Stanford in physics and math. Actually, I know one physics major at HYP that went into trading at GS and made a killing, but he was the only one in his department that went to WS and he admitted to being on the lowest quartile of his class in that department. One of his fellow physics majors got a Rhodes Scholarship and is making Einstein type of discoveries in propulsion that may earn him a Nobel prize one day.

Neither you nor your little fellow financial modelors can hold a candle to this next generation Einstein.

The sad part about all of this is that you know so little that you don’t know what you don’t know.

At the end of the day who is the smartest guy in the room only matters to the guy that thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. People care mostly about being happy, loved, healthy, and safe. People that get pleasure from making a ton of money tend to not be happy.

I think you’re both right, in a sense. I went to an Ivy, and here are my observations.

Being “smart” helps, but the truth is that working hard helps a lot more. Hardly anyone gets in to Harvard because they’re genetically gifted. Most people who get in to top schools such as Harvard do so because they spent their nights and weekends reading and studying while everyone else was out having fun.

Nearly everyone has the potential to get in to an ivy, get a phd, work on wall street, work in the sciences, etc. What separates those who do from those who don’t is merely the effort and commitment they put in.

Take two kids - one is slow, the other is naturally smart. Say they’re both in a math class. The only difference between them is that the smart kid might grasp a concept in 30 minutes, while it might take the slow kid several hours to get it.

If that slow kid is motivated, and is willing to study for hours, he will outperform the smart kid.

As to the question of who are the smartest people, you’re both right. Wall Street gets a lot of top minds, and money is a big reason. On the other hand, Wall Street will work you to death, and people who work there don’t have free time to explore new areas of learning. So I would say that the “smartest” people are in academia - researchers who spend all day, every day, learning new things and exploring new areas. It’s just a function of time and effort.

I think you’re both right, in a sense. I went to an Ivy, and here are my observations.

Being “smart” helps, but the truth is that working hard helps a lot more. Hardly anyone gets in to Harvard because they’re genetically gifted. Most people who get in to top schools such as Harvard do so because they spent their nights and weekends reading and studying while everyone else was out having fun.

Nearly everyone has the potential to get in to an ivy, get a phd, work on wall street, work in the sciences, etc. What separates those who do from those who don’t is merely the effort and commitment they put in.

Take two kids - one is slow, the other is naturally smart. Say they’re both in a math class. The only difference between them is that the smart kid might grasp a concept in 30 minutes, while it might take the slow kid several hours to get it.

If that slow kid is motivated, and is willing to study for hours, he will outperform the smart kid.

As to the question of who are the smartest people, you’re both right. Wall Street gets a lot of top minds, and money is a big reason. On the other hand, Wall Street will work you to death, and people who work there don’t have free time to explore new areas of learning. So I would say that the “smartest” people are in academia - researchers who spend all day, every day, learning new things and exploring new areas. It’s just a function of time and effort.
I went to HS with a guy who was bottom of the class, never went to college, and today he is a top performing commercial real estate agent making bank. In my opinion go to cheapest school, graduate with no debt and save money to buy assets. Now enough of my advice get this kid manny our OL needs help.

Did you marry a 7 or are you banging dimes😂😂

Advertisement
I see what you are referring to. You are talking about the finance guys that work as like Financial Advisors and that sort of financial piece. Those guys are basically salesmen, but those are usually the guys who major in Finance and go to like FAU, FSU, or somewhere like that. They cold call and try and get people to let an FA handle their accounts. Usually the FA will have guys who did not yet pass their Series # test to do the calls for them. Then the FA is the guy that closes the deal. However, that is not really what most of the WS guys are doing.

For example what my job consists of is basically. When companies want to sell their company we do 1 of 2 things. We purchase it at a discount. Hold it for a period of time and then flip it for a profit. We also may purchase the company make some quick fixes to the company and then flip it for a profit.

Sales doesn't really come into play. It is more about researching and seeing how much a company is worth and then negotiating a good price. Also, being able to predict how the company will do and how much you can sell it for in the future is a big piece of the puzzle.

You geniuses should have been smoked out of Manhattan during the financial crisis. The foundation of all the ingenious decisions “guys on the street” made prior to the crisis was quicksand. The Federal Reserve and the cretins in DC bailed the geniuses out. If left to their own devices, many geniuses would have jumped out of their office windows and splatted on sidewalks. The entire culture on that island is a construct of central bankers using it as the head of the financial trough and subsidies issued by the DC cretins. Get over yourself. Your perception of your and your colleagues brilliance is way inflated. Now pray to the financial gods at the Fed and the cretins in DC that sustain your narcissistic existence.

You geniuses should have been smoked out of Manhattan during the financial crisis. The foundation of all the ingenious decisions “guys on the street” made prior to the crisis was quicksand. The Federal Reserve and the cretins in DC bailed the geniuses out. If left to their own devices, many geniuses would have jumped out of their office windows and splatted on sidewalks. The entire culture on that island is a construct of central bankers using it as the head of the financial trough and subsidies issued by the DC cretins. Get over yourself. Your perception of your and your colleagues brilliance is way inflated. Now pray to the financial gods at the Fed and the cretins in DC that sustain your narcissistic existence.

I’m not taking sides here regarding the central theme.

You’re just throwing a bunch of general insults out there without having even a basic understanding of how the financial markets work.

I know this because you’re just generalizing and dumping everyone together in one bucket. No offense, but that tells me you have no clue. Do you even know what precipitated the last financial crisis circa 2008?

Advertisement
Advertisement
No additional details on that. Just a great master's program and a championship environment.

I just asked because if he is serious about a “great” masters program, he must have a specific major in mind. Unless that was just a throwaway remark.

Advertisement
Back