Parker Braun - GT OL Grad Transfer

If you think the USA wouldn't take a MASSIVE hit if NYC just sunk than you are delusional. I am not surprised that you would say that considering the fact that you think it is a good idea to major in one of the most useless degrees available.

Yes, if this player decides to become a lawyer than it is an OK choice, but that doesn't seem to be the case with this kid.

I never said "every single person making under 500k a year is an imbecile". I am sure many of these people were not dedicated, smart enough, or given the opportunities to land an elite job. Some may have even chose it because it is their life passion. I am not disputing that. However, when you are given a full ride to a tier 1 school and can choose any major you want and you decide to choose literature and communications you are an imbecile. Maybe imbecile is a little harsh of a word. Uninformed or naive may be a better way to put it. However, for someone to come along(like yourself) and say the kid made a solid choice is absolutely ridiculous.

It certainly does mean that. Do you realize how many people apply for these jobs and get turned down? People with straight As from great schools like Duke and Cornell still get turned down from these positions. These same people would have High Schools begging them to come teach for them. Only a very small percentage of the population is smart enough to be successful on the street. The vast majority of the country is smart enough to work in these trade or teaching jobs.

You are correct, plenty of people don't want to put in the hours. That does not mean that they are smart enough to do it. They could become accountants and work 40 hour weeks and make partner at 35 and take home 5-6 million a year while working significantly less than 40 hours a week.

The moral of the story is Wall street is the largest collection of hard working highly intelligent people on the planet. That is a straight up fact.
Are you patting yourself on the back? I assume you work on Wall Street?

Advertisement
You have one of those useless degrees. Maybe not English, but one of them. Otherwise you would not have gotten this triggered. I am FAR from a narcissist.

I don't really care what you think about me. Feel free to keep pushing the. "go get any degree you want. They are all awesome and as long as you marry a rich wife you will have a great life" narrative. I will keep telling kids not to waste their money on degrees that will not be looked at as a good investment in the future.

I am far from a narcissist- said every narcissist ever. Lol. I could have easily made some grandiose claims, way back on page 12, about how I can guarantee that I’m smarter than you - based solely on sat scores/alma mater - and that I was making 180k my first year as a professional, and... but I wouldn’t - because I am self-aware enough to realize that those facts are at best immaterial (at worst, downright retarded) on an anonymous Internet forum.

But, you’ve gone and done it. The argument is over. You were the first one to bring up being “triggered” - it’s the new godwin’s law.

Another friend, from L.I., interned every summer on the street and had a job at Solomon Brothers (fixed asset income) before senior year - he was the only one of the 10 hired that didn’t have an MBA. Strong. But I would be hard pressed to say he had the highest IQ at school.

For sure. Internships helped A LOT. That is how I landed my job. Another poster on here has a son majoring in finance and I told him the 2 most important things are get great grades and do internships.

Advertisement
I am far from a narcissist- said every narcissist ever. Lol. I could have easily made some grandiose claims, way back on page 12, about how I can guarantee that I’m smarter than you - based solely on sat scores/alma mater - and that I was making 180k my first year as a professional, and... but I wouldn’t - because I am self-aware enough to realize that those facts are at best immaterial (at worst, downright retarded) on an anonymous Internet forum.

But, you’ve gone and done it. The argument is over. You were the first one to bring up being “triggered” - it’s the new godwin’s law.

Do you have dementia? Go back and read why these claims even started up. You were the one that started bashing WS and I just defended them. I didn't come in here with "listen to me I am a super genious who makes 9 figures on wall street". I was literally just trying to help out future students by not letting them be deceived by the snake oil salesmen who want these kids to spend 200k a year on a major that will leave them in debt for many years to come.

I never said you probably clean toilets. I was saying I know people like you. That think because they work hard doing some menial task every day that they are smart enough to do any of these jobs. I am so confident I would take a loan out to place an even bigger bet. The fact that you are bringing up outliers to prove that getting an English degree is a smart move tells me all I need to know.

You do not have a better command of the English language and I can go back and nit pick your posts for grammar errors too.

I never said the ONE way to succeed in life is to be rich. However, struggling to make ends meet by getting a history degree is certainly not the best path to be successful.

I still have to work I just don't work 40+ hours a week. I also do donate a large portion of my income to the less fortunate.
Dude
Just because his degree is in history it doesn’t mean he is relegated to jobs related to history!
Holy cow, he can go do anything he wants, he could go get an MBA and then decide he will open his own business, he could go work on corporate America doing any number of things.....a degree is just that a degree....sure not EVERY door will be open but you act as if his decision as an 18-22 year old will direct his life....PERIOD.....and that’s just not the case
So he can’t work on Wall Street
Who ***ing cares

Dude
Just because his degree is in history it doesn’t mean he is relegated to jobs related to history!
Holy cow, he can go do anything he wants, he could go get an MBA and then decide he will open his own business, he could go work on corporate America doing any number of things.....a degree is just that a degree....sure not EVERY door will be open but you act as if his decision as an 18-22 year old will direct his life....PERIOD.....and that’s just not the case
So he can’t work on Wall Street
Who ***ing cares

Dude stop. Of course he doesn't need to get jobs pertaining to history. In fact most people with history degrees end up not working in the history field. They work at Starbucks, mcdonalds, and the like. Sure some get pretty solid jobs, but to CHOOSE a history degree over dozens of other degrees(for the same price) that will help you land a much better job is foolish at best.

Guess what. The world is not fair. As much as you may wish it to be true some people are more gifted than others. That is why athletes make so much money. Do you think your average burger flipper is just as gifted as Ray Lewis?

You are delusional if you don't think Wall Street, as a whole, does not have more genetically gifted people than any other field in the world.

I am trying to help people on this board. I, UNLIKE YOU, do not want to post BS to make myself feel better.

This is what is wrong with this world. You would rather see tons of kids go into crippling debt by getting a degree in English and then spending the next 30 years of their lives working it off. Just so you can feel better about your English degree.

I on the other hand would rather admit that I made the wrong choice X amount of years ago to help other people not make the same mistake as me in the future.

Who am I preaching to? To all the posters on this site who have kids. I don't want to see people make the same mistake as tons of millennials who will be paying back student loans until they are 60 and living paycheck to paycheck until they die.
I can agree with your thought on the debt piece....I agree about not accruing a ton of debt for a degree that is not something you are passionate about and know you want to do and it pays off!!!! Example, I’m not sending my kids to Villanova (wife’s school) for them to get a bs degree if they just want to teach. They can go to a Cal State school (we are in CA).....but many kids don’t know what they want to do....he’ll i thought I was going to be a MLB pitcher!! Lmao.....school was an afterthought....but once I “retired” I got degree, got MBA and got in Corp America and do very well.
There are MANY roads to success is all I’m saying bro

Advertisement
Dude stop. Of course he doesn't need to get jobs pertaining to history. In fact most people with history degrees end up not working in the history field. They work at Starbucks, mcdonalds, and the like. Sure some get pretty solid jobs, but to CHOOSE a history degree over dozens of other degrees(for the same price) that will help you land a much better job is foolish at best.
Maybe
Maybe not
What if the dude is the next Stephen King????
Nothing is absolute although I concede the financial aspect 100%

You work on Wall Street and have time to post on this site during the day?
So long Mel. Have a good trip.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Again, mostly you’re right; I won’t disagree but it also depends on the school. I know history and English majors who got Wall Street jobs upon graduation. An ex of mine got her JD/MBA from Penn immediately after graduating (Also interned on Wall Street in college). She was an English major. It happens. But, you have me laughing over here …
A lot of English, History, English Literature majors go on to law school and they do really well because of all the reading and writing they did in undergrad. I've seen it repeatedly.

Advertisement
Maybe
Maybe not
What if the dude is the next Stephen King????
Nothing is absolute although I concede the financial aspect 100%

Again picking the handful of guys who are successful with that degree does not make it a logical choice. In fact, we can argue that King could have skipped college and started writing when he was 18 and been just as successful.

Your other post is spot on and my point entirely. If you want to be an English teacher don't spend 50k at Miami on English. Go to a state school or one of the tiny private schools that cost 10k a year and get a degree there.

A lot of English, History, English Literature majors go on to law school and they do really well because of all the reading and writing they did in undergrad. I've seen it repeatedly.

Yup. This is why I stated earlier to exclude people who get MBAs or law degrees because that is what truly matter when applying for the job. It would be foolish to choose a major like engineering(unless you want to be a lawyer that deals with a lot of engineering companies) because you will need to put in 10x the effort to get a 4.0 in Engineering as you would in a major like English. Plus the added reading an writing, as you said, helps quite a bit as well.

This thread (and maybe forum) needs a "Mute this mutha****a in this thread!" button.

Advertisement
Do you have dementia? Go back and read why these claims even started up. You were the one that started bashing WS and I just defended them. I didn't come in here with "listen to me I am a super genious who makes 9 figures on wall street". I was literally just trying to help out future students by not letting them be deceived by the snake oil salesmen who want these kids to spend 200k a year on a major that will leave them in debt for many years to come.

Man, tighten up. I made an inane joke about Gordon gecko and another about drowning that entire worthless borough (Brooklyn can stay, and make sure you put Katz on some pontoons), and... poof. Magic happens. If that —-^ is “bashing the street” I think you need to scale up a little bit. Beyond my two little jabs, I did call you “dense” once - truly sorry if that offended you.

Then you start claiming certain people are imbeciles, some degrees are worthless, my friends and I are big dummies and (my personal fave) letting loose your superiority-induced eugenics hypothesis... and I’m just off to the races - you know the saying about curiosity and cats.

Again picking the handful of guys who are successful with that degree does not make it a logical choice. In fact, we can argue that King could have skipped college and started writing when he was 18 and been just as successful.

Your other post is spot on and my point entirely. If you want to be an English teacher don't spend 50k at Miami on English. Go to a state school or one of the tiny private schools that cost 10k a year and get a degree there.
I can agree w that

Can we all agree dude would be a GREAT addition to this team!!!!!i don’t care if he recites poetry at LOS😂
I just want this pickup!!!
Come on Manny make it happen

Advertisement
Back