Parents wildin' again...?

I’m sure it’s been covered by the nutritional staff but guys like Moss strike me as having celiacs or something which mimics it.

We had a kid in our program two years back (hockey) who was elite in every sense of the word but was 6’ and about 140 soaking wet. Was diagnosed with a form of celiac disease and made major modifications to his diet. Within a year he was up around 160 and currently is around 180. He’s just as quick but faster as far as long speed goes. Went from being passed up to signing with a top tier junior team.

Hope the staff has dominated this. Maybe it’s genetic.

Advertisement
there's one transfer that was suppose to start and isn't, so could be that type of situation... FR parents need to chill....

Attachments

• IMG_2485.jpeg
    IMG_2485.jpeg
    561.9 KB · Views: 0
corch isn't playing LOUUUUUUUuuuuu cause his bro took the last turkey leg at thanksgiving
isn't starting emory cause his wife said emory's mustache is mucho caliente
isn't playing either washington cause he thinks thomas jefferson is best pootus ever
Emory’s mustache 😂🤣😂🤣😂Mucho Machismo! You killing me!!🤣😂🤣😵😵😵😵

Attachments

• IMG_2487.jpeg
    IMG_2487.jpeg
    447 KB · Views: 0
That's where I disagree. The percentage of snaps a player gets shouldn't change. Only the number of snaps would decrease. We have guys that in my mind should play who get zero snaps.

Also, we run this slow plodding offense. I hate it. We go slow, while other teams take advantage of the rules and wear teams down by using tempo. UNC did it to us. We could be crushing teams if we ran tempo. Oklahoma runs tempo 100% of the time. Instead we run a 1980's offense.

Our offense scored 13 points at the end of regulation this past game against UVA.

The only difference from the Gaddis and Dawson (Dawson a better OC) play calling thus far is Dawson has a better offensive line to work with. We got a teaser in the A&M game and haven't seen anything resembling that offense since.

So, the style of offense and play calling are killing opportunities for more playing time and hurting our ability to score points.

You really think UNC wore us down? Wow

We won the 4th quarter but hey CIS is all about revisionist history.

We wore down Clemson and UVA. A 9 minute drive where Miami players are faking injuries to catch a breath has not happened against us all year long.

You wanna know why we don't score more points in the plodding offense? Our QB throws it into quintuplet coverage and never takes what defenses give him. LOL at bringing up Gattis Jesus Christ.

Advertisement

We wore down Clemson and UVA. A 9 minute drive where Miami players are faking injuries to catch a breath has not happened against us all year long.

You wanna know why we don't score more points in the plodding offense? Our QB throws it into quintuplet coverage and never takes what defenses give him. LOL at bringing up Gattis Jesus Christ.
Yes, tempo was quite obvious. UNC ran tempo in the 2nd half and wore our defense down. They rushed for 200+ most of which was in the 2nd half. They really didn't do much running the ballbin the 1st half.

Tempo is a killer. It fatigues the defense simply because it takes more energy to play defense than it does the offense. You run 80 plays of tempo and the defense is going to be fatigued. Put our big bodies on top of that and the opposing defense becomes a wet paper bag.

Yes, tempo was quite obvious. UNC ran tempo in the 2nd half and wore our defense down. They rushed for 200+ most of which was in the 2nd half. They really didn't do much running the ballbin the 1st half.

Tempo is a killer. It fatigues the defense simply because it takes more energy to play defense than it does the offense. You run 80 plays of tempo and the defense is going to be fatigued. Put our big bodies on top of that and the opposing defense becomes a wet paper bag.
Right so UNC wasn't gifted the ball 3 consecutive series putting our defense into a zone where ANY defense would be winded.

Stop it

Advertisement

:ohlord: And that Gattis offense is bad memories. Nothing can equate to that. I agree the plays are there but TVD keeps throwing into coverage and refuses to take the easy stuff.

💯. If you are the body type of Moss, it is extremely hard to put on weight in college. Especially with the constant running/conditioning is being done throughout the year. Its not that easy
Correct, it is not "easy"...but coming from an ectomorph who went through the "try to get as large as possible" phase, it is doable. It is simple math. Eat more calories than burn. There is a sweet spot. I have been in various shapes in my life, big meathead, ripped with a six pack etc and as a true ectomorph, by far the hardest "look" I went for was trying to get huge. I was chugging weightgainers before bed, taking the time to pack multiple meals for work etc (yes, I was stupid, especially when this pursuit led to triple hernia surgery...). I was uncomfortably full most of the day. But it worked. It was mind over matter for the most part.

Now it's a different story if the kid has a medical condition like crohns etc. But if not, if the kid really wants it, and to see the field, he will put on weight.

So it IS Lou Cristobal.....

On a serious note, that would likely mean Davonte Brown or Jadais Richard.
I was kinda surprised both haven't played more based on what we kept hearing before and leading up to the season. Made it seem like brown was locked in at 1 corner spot and richard would have a strong chance at the other...porter has played pretty well though and Jaden Davis got off to a hot start. Prior to the start of the season I assumed it would mainly be Brown and Richard with Davis in the nickel

Advertisement
The older Brown would make the most sense. Still kinda wild he went from a sure Starter to barely getting snaps now.
Hearing practice reports prior to the season you would have thought he was absolutely locked in at 1 CB spot. Wonder what happened. I was at the first game and I don't remember he getting a ton of burn or making a glaring bad play/plays. Wonder what happened there

idk if that's who the tweet was referring to but he def bad mouth the coaches and the team since like A&M game about his kid and playing time lol
That's crazy. What does his dad expect. The kid is smaller than colbie young. How is he supposed to hold up on the DL. He can't put on the necessary weight to contribute

That's crazy. What does his dad expect. The kid is smaller than colbie young. How is he supposed to hold up on the DL. He can't put on the necessary weight to contribute
Not to mention, every pass rush in the BCU game he would be pushed and lose his balance and end up in the grass.

Then on that TD play, I'll never erase that play from my memory. Qb rushes and Moss just stays in pass protection. Like I know you have an assignment, but to just sit back and let the qb walk in for a td shows absolutely no instinct at all.

Pretty ludicrous for a parent to be bad mouthing anyone when that's the tape he put out versus BCU lol.

Advertisement
Hearing practice reports prior to the season you would have thought he was absolutely locked in at 1 CB spot. Wonder what happened. I was at the first game and I don't remember he getting a ton of burn or making a glaring bad play/plays. Wonder what happened there
Seems to be really handsy. Combined with questionable long speed

That's where I disagree. The percentage of snaps a player gets shouldn't change. Only the number of snaps would decrease. We have guys that in my mind should play who get zero snaps.

Also, we run this slow plodding offense. I hate it. We go slow, while other teams take advantage of the rules and wear teams down by using tempo. UNC did it to us. We could be crushing teams if we ran tempo. Oklahoma runs tempo 100% of the time. Instead we run a 1980's offense.

Our offense scored 13 points at the end of regulation this past game against UVA.

The only difference from the Gaddis and Dawson (Dawson a better OC) play calling thus far is Dawson has a better offensive line to work with. We got a teaser in the A&M game and haven't seen anything resembling that offense since.

So, the style of offense and play calling are killing opportunities for more playing time and hurting our ability to score points.
Tempo is a gift and a curse.

It can wear BOTH defenses out. I like a mix of tempo within certain spots in the game but you absolutely cannot just tempo all game if you expect to have any type of defense. Oklahoma and UNC don't have a lick of Defense.

Saying the Offensive Line is THE ONLY difference between Gattis and Dawson is INSANE.

you might need a 24 hour mute for that.

There will always be players/parents who are upset and want to leave due to lack of playing time, it's just part of the game.

Advertisement
Back