Paradise camp attendees

brock

All-American
What are we expecting in terms of visitors? 2016 camp had an excellent blend of talent with top targets and commits. In 2017 there wasn’t as much top talent out there that wasn’t already committed to Miami. In 2018 that can’t save us because overall we don’t have the same caliber of players committed this time as we had last year let’s just be real about the situation.

Just looking around and seeing other schools list for their premier camp and I’m wondering how ours will look in comparison

Advertisement
I'm expecting most of our commits to be in attendance (think Miami Nights part 2) and if they go to a different camp, that is a huge red flag to me. After our commits, I'm expecting most of our top targets: Stevenson, Bogle, Neal, McIntosh, etc. From there, I'm expecting a few national surprises Haselwood, Wright etc. Lastly, fill out the camp with 2020 and 2021 studs and any local 2019 guys to add to the environment. I have extremely high expectations and if our commits or top targets choose to go to a different camp that day, I will consider them not as serious about Miami.

Anyone have a rough list at this time? Paradise is two and half weeks away. We need to start creating some more buzz for it. Now would be a great time to tweet out the guest coaches.

We didn't even know about Miami Nights until 1-2 days before. Just because we're not necessarily privy to the promotion of the event doesn't mean it's not being properly promoted.

I'm expecting most of our commits to be in attendance (think Miami Nights part 2) and if they go to a different camp, that is a huge red flag to me. After our commits, I'm expecting most of our top targets: Stevenson, Bogle, Neal, McIntosh, etc. From there, I'm expecting a few national surprises Haselwood, Wright etc. Lastly, fill out the camp with 2020 and 2021 studs and any local 2019 guys to add to the environment. I have extremely high expectations and if our commits or top targets choose to go to a different camp that day, I will consider them not as serious about Miami.

Anyone have a rough list at this time? Paradise is two and half weeks away. We need to start creating some more buzz for it. Now would be a great time to tweet out the guest coaches.
Don’t think neal is going anywhere because he reports to img that week. It’s hard for img kids to go to events like that because they have camp remember the same thing happened with Hightower and sitkowski last year too

Advertisement
Don’t think neal is going anywhere because he reports to img that week. It’s hard for img kids to go to events like that because they have camp remember the same thing happened with Hightower and sitkowski last year too
That sucks but at least he's not going to another camp.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t part of the reason the 2016 Camp was such a hit b/c it was the only camp in town? Then Richt had the camp, last year, the same time as other notable camps, correct?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t part of the reason the 2016 Camp was such a hit b/c it was the only camp in town? Then Richt had the camp, last year, the same time as other notable camps, correct?
Lot of schools still had events that weekend. Either that Friday or Saturday

Advertisement
It's early but I'm not hearing much juice about it. Jadon Hasselwood is the biggest target I've heard about.

Player I'm most curious about is Damarius Good and how he holds up playing DB. Does he have the hips and quickness to play CB?

I put a fake projection on 247 the other day and can post it if anyone wants it.

Besides the everyday targets we are all sweating...Here are some random names that have been mentioned the last month as coming (no idea if verified)

Haslewood
Wardrick Wilson
Travon Thomas
Billy Sonnier
Colby Wooden

Advertisement
2017 was better, because it was mainly Miami commits being coached up by Hurricane legends.

2016 had a bunch of kids like Jerry Jeudy, Devonta Smith, Xavier Williams, Alex Leatherwood, that 5-star LB who signed with LSU & a many more all attended, but not a single one of them ended up signing with Miami.

Who cares if a bunch of big names that have no intentions of signing to Miami show up, bring in the kids who are actually considering us & really want to come to Miami, let them get the experience of what it's like to be a true Cane. Not saying just kids that are already committed, but kids who we have real contact with & aren't just playing games.

It's our biggest annual event & for some kids it'll be their first time coming to Miami, so you definitely wanna impress & make those connections with the upcoming prospects. It's more important to get the high rated underclassmen for 2020,2021 & 22 at Paradise to continue to make that early impact on them while building those relationships.

People forget we got verbal commits from both Brian Edwards & Akeem Dent at Paradise 2016 & last year we got a verbal from OT Brandon Cunningham from Mississippi.

We offered Gurvan Hall the day after Paradise camp 16 was over & from there the relationship grew until we eventually landed him. Point being, getting a verbal at Paradise doesn't guarantee we're going to sign the kid, but establishing the connection is what's most important.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back