Palmetto question

Palmetto is an outlier because they’re all on one team. It’s like ps2 and TC. The two top rated cb in the nation were on the same team.
If palmetto’s kids were spread out at different schools we would just say it’s another case of the top talent in sofla leaving. It gets accentuated when 5 of the best kids down here are on the same team. The fact that peope were saying they were all going to UF was a stretch In itself.
That's why I was asking if it's an issue like when Danileson wouldn't send kids to Miami, or if it was something else.

Advertisement
Let’s make 3 stars day one picks so the sure thing first rounders will come.
That’s what your saying?
Oh we don’t sign 4 and 5 stars still? Lol

Guys like Gurvan, Pope, Cam, silvera, Blades etc... these guys have to ball out and see them develop and be like **** they’ve gotten better at Miami I need to go there and increase my skill

We already see it with Greg... how many interviews immediately point to him and say **** seeing Greg ball out shows me that Miami’s Dline EATS I’m listening to what stroud and the staff is selling me

Can’t have guys like Chad be a big time kid from a feeder that kids look up too and see him go jn the 3rd

That's why I was asking if it's an issue like when Danileson wouldn't send kids to Miami, or if it was something else.
I think the coach has some ties to uf and a lot of the staff in that school are gators. Maybe people here can elaborate that know more about the situation.

Advertisement
Oh we don’t sign 4 and 5 stars still? Lol

Guys like Gurvan, Pope, Cam, silvera, Blades etc... these guys have to ball out and see them develop and be like **** they’ve gotten better at Miami I need to go there and increase my skill

We already see it with Greg... how many interviews immediately point to him and say **** seeing Greg ball out shows me that Miami’s Dline EATS I’m listening to what stroud and the staff is selling me

Can’t have guys like Chad be a big time kid from a feeder that kids look up too and see him go jn the 3rd
I’ve pointed this out before. Not every 4 and 5 star goes day one. Even at bama and lsu.
Do we put players in situations to succeed? Not with cmr and Dan ****. But we hype up any dude that is a 4 star like they should automatically be a day one starter and an all American just because they’re on our team.
Bama gets dudes in the draft while their back ups are also 4 and 5 stars and everyone forgets about them. If every 4 and 5 star that went to bama would go day one they should have 9-10 go day one each year. I think in the last several years we’ve only landed 2 legit 5 stars. Lo and Thomas, while bama and Clemson get like 4-5 a year.
In 2014 chad Thomas was rated the 29th best player in the country. Alabam took 6 players ranked higher than him in that class alone. Did you hear that?! 6 of the freaking top players in the country!!! Cam Robinson 2nd rd, Dashawn Hand 4th round, Marlon Humphries and Rashan Evans 1st rd, Christian Miller 4th round, Tony Brown UNDRAFTED!!!
Chad Thomas 3rd round! Not bad right?
We should have dudes go earlier if our coaching staff had been better and if a lot of dudes would’ve stayed for one more year.
We put dudes in the league cause scouts know what to look for. What we have sucked at is putting W’s together with the talent we have. But what we haven’t had is a lot of day one picks.

But not even bama who everyone says has the best head coach and “puts players in a position to succeed” can get every single 4 and 5 star drafted day one despite getting a fck ton of them. Despite wining, despite playoffs year after year, despite a ton of tv time to expose them.
So why are people surprised when we do t do it?

They haven't signed anywhere yet.

LEt's see what happens...It does seem like they are SEC bound, maybe FSU...Not sure if OSU is still a factor for them.

I wouldn't be suprised if we land one.

Player development has been a question here for some time. Garvin never took the next step, Joe Jackson seemed to plateau here. We had guys like Allen burns for undrafted and have a decent NFL career. At some point we need to be getting everything out of these kids while they're on campus.
You don’t think maybe, just maybe guys like Jackson and garvin weren’t as good in the eyes of the NFL..especially in Jackson’s case. It’s not like he wasn’t productive here then went on UDFA and got picked soley off talent. And with garvin he was 3 done soon as he signed it appears especially after his strong Soph szn. No matter what happens his JR campaign he was gone..as for the palmetto kids..when u go 6-7 and the whole sports world is telling 17 year olds the SEC is the best testing grounds during the nfl draft, unless your talking about a Duke J or shaq these kids wanna go where the money is

Advertisement
Player development has been a question here for some time. Garvin never took the next step, Joe Jackson seemed to plateau here. We had guys like Allen burns for undrafted and have a decent NFL career. At some point we need to be getting everything out of these kids while they're on campus.

Garvin coasted the 2019 season. Jackson IMO would have been a first rounder if he stayed 1 more year.

I’ve pointed this out before. Not every 4 and 5 star goes day one. Even at bama and lsu.
Do we put players in situations to succeed? Not with cmr and Dan ****. But we hype up any dude that is a 4 star like they should automatically be a day one starter and an all American just because they’re on our team.
Bama gets dudes in the draft while their back ups are also 4 and 5 stars and everyone forgets about them. If every 4 and 5 star that went to bama would go day one they should have 9-10 go day one each year. I think in the last several years we’ve only landed 2 legit 5 stars. Lo and Thomas, while bama and Clemson get like 4-5 a year.
In 2014 chad Thomas was rated the 29th best player in the country. Alabam took 6 players ranked higher than him in that class alone. Did you hear that?! 6 of the freaking top players in the country!!! Cam Robinson 2nd rd, Dashawn Hand 4th round, Marlon Humphries and Rashan Evans 1st rd, Christian Miller 4th round, Tony Brown UNDRAFTED!!!
Chad Thomas 3rd round! Not bad right?
We should have dudes go earlier if our coaching staff had been better and if a lot of dudes would’ve stayed for one more year.
We put dudes in the league cause scouts know what to look for. What we have sucked at is putting W’s together with the talent we have. But what we haven’t had is a lot of day one picks.

But not even bama who everyone says has the best head coach and “puts players in a position to succeed” can get every single 4 and 5 star drafted day one despite getting a fck ton of them. Despite wining, despite playoffs year after year, despite a ton of tv time to expose them.
So why are people surprised when we do t do it?
We hype? Or their athletic skill coming in leads to the very good possibility of being a day 1 or 2 pick as they’ve been graded before arrival.

It’s obvious these scouting websites don’t care to hype of Miami commitment like they do SEC ones (money, clicks, subs)

Also I’m not saying we need EVERY 4 and 5 star kid to be a day 1 or 2 pick that would be dumb.

Since 2010 how many 1st rounders have we had? How many have Bama, LSU, Jawja and Clemson had??

These kids have grown up watching these schools pump kids into the early rounds and thats not even with me talking about the propaganda ESpin does to hype up the SEC up.

We hype? Or their athletic skill coming in leads to the very good possibility of being a day 1 or 2 pick as they’ve been graded before arrival.

It’s obvious these scouting websites don’t care to hype of Miami commitment like they do SEC ones (money, clicks, subs)

Also I’m not saying we need EVERY 4 and 5 star kid to be a day 1 or 2 pick that would be dumb.

Since 2010 how many 1st rounders have we had? How many have Bama, LSU, Jawja and Clemson had??

These kids have grown up watching these schools pump kids into the early rounds and thats not even with me talking about the propaganda ESpin does to hype up the SEC up.
When I said hype I meant hype from our fans and coaches.
If you or the recruits can’t see that getting a bunch of elite recruits increases your chances of getting first round picks then Idk what else to say.
It’s basic statistics.
Getting less talented players that have “potential” is us and the rest of cfb.
Please tell me the receiver On our team besides AR82 that had as much talent as Ridley, Cooper, or Jeudy. Coley? He was ranked the 7th best receiver in his class and only 2 dudes ahead of him made the league. Laquan Treadwell (1st round) barely holding on in the league and Jalin Marshall (udfa) now somewhere other than nfl. (This football stuff is hard)
Please tell me what “potential“ DB we had as good as Ps2, okuda, Delpit, or Minkah.
Delpit won the **** Thorpe award and still didn’t go in the first round.
No one on our team has been ranked higher or even had similar HS film than those I mentioned.
These kids have to realize that those dudes were almost guaranteed high draft picks before they even stepped on campus. We haven’t had anyone like that here in a while. But these kids and our fans act like those schools have magic nfl fairy dust and we have an nfl garlic necklace.

Advertisement
Ill say this once and wont comment anymore on the Palmetto kids... I personally knw the coaches their and went to school with them at Palmetto..watched them coach Collier, Marshall, deshawn Troutman, and a few others at the Pop Warner level... they have those kids best interest at heart... there is no bags involved and there isn't any decisions being made until NSD for Taylor, Collier or Marshall...They will take their visits and do it the right way... they are from from drama queens.... I will say this... If Miami wins this year, I feel good landing a few of them...thats what they are lookin to see if we produce on the field.... Go Canes!!

because it's Palmetto...**** Palmetto!... jk. i'd still root for the dudes if they came here like I did with trent jones and Rohan

Advertisement
Listen this may have been covered and I am not trying to stir **** up, asking a legit question.

Why are all the top kids at Palmetto going elsewhere? Is it our poor recruiting? Is there an issue with the coaching staff and the school? Bags? Combo of all these.

I'm sure things have been covered in other threads I just didn't want to look through all of them in search of answers.

Well where are those top Palmetto Panthers going? If im not mistaken the Richmond Heights kid decommitted from the TURDS and we still have one committ in Savion there.

Advertisement
Back