Palmetto question

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
Listen this may have been covered and I am not trying to stir **** up, asking a legit question.

Why are all the top kids at Palmetto going elsewhere? Is it our poor recruiting? Is there an issue with the coaching staff and the school? Bags? Combo of all these.

I'm sure things have been covered in other threads I just didn't want to look through all of them in search of answers.

Advertisement
I know you watched the past two seasons like the rest of us lol

These big time kids need to see
A) big time development I.e draft pick status 1st rounders, day two picks

B) they wanna know their gonna be on competitive teams chasing nattys or at least playoffs...

Miss me with the bag drop stuff as we drop bags as well but if we did the two above us the amount of said bag would be negligible

Advertisement

B) they wanna know their gonna be on competitive teams chasing nattys or at least playoffs...

Miss me with the bag drop stuff as we drop bags as well but if we did the two above us the amount of said bag would be negligible

I hear ya, I was curious if it was an issue with not paying enough attention to local recruits.

I hear ya, I was curious if it was an issue with not paying enough attention to local recruits.
The amount of D1 kids at that school currently being “not payed enough attention” would be a fireable offense if it was true

No you have a bunch of “A” tier kids who know their worth and know they deserve to play on top teams...

Miami can/and should be a top team right now. We just can’t get the right coaches to get their heads out of their asses and use the talent at hand correctly

Advertisement
Well played sir, well played.
But seriously tho it’s a combo of things. Bags, Miami sucking, SEC being a powerhouse conference. You’d be surprised how much winning helps. Look at the 2018 class after the 2017 season. Yes I know we had a ton of those guys committed before the season. I really don’t know how Miami ended up with this incoming class and the transfers after going 6-7 lol.

Listen this may have been covered and I am not trying to stir **** up, asking a legit question.

Why are all the top kids at Palmetto going elsewhere? Is it our poor recruiting? Is there an issue with the coaching staff and the school? Bags? Combo of all these.

I'm sure things have been covered in other threads I just didn't want to look through all of them in search of answers.

I've asked this question before since Palmetto has a lot of south dade connections - usually a good spot for loyal UM kids. I'm guessing all it took was UF to get their greasy hands on 1 or 2 kids and then everyone else just followed.

Advertisement
Because they would rather be the entertainment for the good ole boys of the SEC. correct me if I’m wrong, but when they are allowed to get paid, the Tuscaloosa, Georgia, and Cajun markets will pale in comparison to ours. Well have have National and international deals while SEC players of diversity from down here gonna sell tractors and feed store supplies?

same stuff that goes on in High School : amazing how all these kids migrate to one school : how lucky can you be to have multiple Division I players living in the neighborhood : go figure

Because they would rather be the entertainment for the good ole boys of the SEC. correct me if I’m wrong, but when they are allowed to get paid, the Tuscaloosa, Georgia, and Cajun markets will pale in comparison to ours. Well have have National and international deals while SEC players of diversity from down here gonna sell tractors and feed store supplies?
Then the boosters will just make the bags bigger.

Advertisement

Let’s make 3 stars day one picks so the sure thing first rounders will come.
That’s what your saying?

They've been really **** good since this coach arrived. After being 5-5 and 2-8 before him. Take that for what it's worth

Palmetto is an outlier because they’re all on one team. It’s like ps2 and TC. The two top rated cb in the nation were on the same team.
If palmetto’s kids were spread out at different schools we would just say it’s another case of the top talent in sofla leaving. It gets accentuated when 5 of the best kids down here are on the same team. The fact that peope were saying they were all going to UF was a stretch In itself.

Let’s make 3 stars day one picks so the sure thing first rounders will come.
That’s what your saying?
Player development has been a question here for some time. Garvin never took the next step, Joe Jackson seemed to plateau here. We had guys like Allen burns for undrafted and have a decent NFL career. At some point we need to be getting everything out of these kids while they're on campus.

Advertisement
Back