Palm Beach Post Article on Manny Diaz and off season program

Willis was at the same camp as Berrios in 2013.

At 6'3" 275, he had a 4.32 shuttle. That's pretty impressive.

Funny ****! Lol

At least we know that his speed and agility is still at an elite level. It's hard enough to chase a cat, let alone catch one.

Advertisement
Willis/Bethel/Ford/Odenigbo > McIntosh/Norton/Moten/Bethel ? I have to think its at least a wash and we won't see a step down here. Especially if the two freshmen can contribute.
I think that you are right. We all agree that Willis has the ability to have a monster year All ACC and possibly on the AA list. Jon Ford is the guy that most intrigues me. I really think that Ford has the ability to be dominant and turn into a real star. I think he's going to have a very good year then kill it in 2019.

Bethel may not be a superstar bit the kid can play. He will continue to improve. Odenigbo is a total mystery to me so I won't attempt to analyze his game. What is most important to me in terms of Big O's play will be his ability to give us a good 20-25 snaps per game without much drop off.

I think Silvera will contribute more than people think. Nesta is a total badass and the type of dominant playmaker that UM DT's should be. Not to cause a stir but this kid gives that Warren Sapp type of vibe whenever I watch him play. I love the Miller signing but I'm not quite sure how long it will take him to establish himself at the college level. I think that may happen much sooner than many think.

To answer the question, I think we will be fine at DT barring injuries of course. I do not think we will see any significant drop off in ability/production. There may not be a drop off at all.

Last edited:
I see my dude getting his due @waynejr31
:censored: Don't tell them nothing @The Franchise, you know so many on this site want to be right on their assumptions that Steed was the worst of the three LB's recruited in 2017. Even Chad Wilson once told me that he heard talk that UM was trying to drop my son when they started recruiting the other two. I don't know how true that was but I'm glad it all worked out. I know what Steed can do and not only because he's my son, I just know football, I know quickness and awareness are probably the two most important aspects to have in football. Steed was born with those traits.

:censored: Don't tell them nothing @The Franchise, you know so many on this site want to be right on their assumptions that Steed was the worst of the three LB's recruited in 2017. Even Chad Wilson once told me that he heard talk that UM was trying to drop my son when they started recruiting the other two. I don't know how true that was but I'm glad it all worked out. I know what Steed can do and not only because he's my son, I just know football, I know quickness and awareness are probably the two most important aspects to have in football. Steed was born with those traits.
Wilson was probably trying to poison your mind on UM.

I’m glad your son is here and can’t wait to see him start racking up tackles.

Some of the goofballs who follow recruiting treat football like a beauty contest. All they care about is height and weight and abs and all that nonsense.

I was fighting with all the ****** checkers on here last year about Pinckney. They hated him because he was eating some potato chips in a pic they saw and didn’t have 6 pack abs that they could pull off to. I kept telling the **** fools that Pinckney is a football player so don’t worry about his goddam abs.

Advertisement
I can't speak for all, but I am more than elated to have your son as part of our program. I loved his film.

I also watch Jon Beason's breakdown of Steed's film. Needless to say, he came away very impressed. Among many things, he loves Steeds speed, instincts, hunger, and his ability to play
sideline to sideline. He thinks that Steed will be a 3 down linebacker.

Choad Wilson strikes again. If there was ever a former player that should be permanently stripped of his ‘Cane card, it’s this surly ex-‘Cane wannabe. Sheesh. He never resists to take a shot at our program - publicly or privately. Some on this site believe his anti-Miami campaign is related to Golden’s lack of interest in his son. Not buying that 💩. This guy has a vendetta and tries to cloak his venom and substantiating his hate under the guise of “having a kid’s best interest in mind.”

I can't speak for all, but I am more than elated to have your son as part of our program. I loved his film.

I also watch Jon Beason's breakdown of Steed's film. Needless to say, he came away very impressed. Among many things, he loves Steeds speed, instincts, hunger, and his ability to play
sideline to sideline. He thinks that Steed will be a 3 down linebacker.
Yes, I'm hoping that Beason reaches out to him at some point to give him good advice on what he needs to do to continue to improve his game.

Choad Wilson strikes again. If there was ever a former player that should be permanently stripped of his ‘Cane card, it’s this surly ex-‘Cane wannabe. Sheesh. He never resists to take a shot at our program - publicly or privately. Some on this site believe his anti-Miami campaign is related to Golden’s lack of interest in his son. Not buying that 💩. This guy has a vendetta and tries to cloak his venom and substantiating his hate under the guise of “having a kid’s best interest in mind.”
I'm hoping that wasn't the case. I just know that I immediately called Coach Diaz when I heard it to confirm his interests in having Steed on board. The guy never wavered on my son even after him tearing his ACL and taking official visits elsewhere. He just wanted to know that Steed wanted to be a Cane as much as Diaz wanted him to be a Cane. That's why I believe Sam Brooks will stay committed and I personally can't wait for him to arrive on campus next year.

Advertisement
Yes, I'm hoping that Beason reaches out to him at some point to give him good advice on what he needs to do to continue to improve his game.
Former superstars coming back to advise/mentor the current players is one of the things that makes Miami so special. To me, the former LB's are more involved in this aspect than any other position group. If not Beason, I'm sure either Vilma, DJ Williams, or Uncle Ray will be there for young Steed the same way they have been there for Shaq, Pickney, and McCloud. It's a thing of beauty!

McIntosh and Norton were good players, but it’s not we lost 2013 Suh and Warren Sapp. Those guy said are good but replaceable.
Couldn’t agree more and I’ve been saying it for months. Yes maybe the drop off ends up making them look like bigger losses, but we can and should be able to find a couple of guys capable, though the ND game was a beauty for those two
Wilson was probably trying to poison your mind on UM.

I’m glad your son is here and can’t wait to see him start racking up tackles.

Some of the goofballs who follow recruiting treat football like a beauty contest. All they care about is height and weight and abs and all that nonsense.

I was fighting with all the ****** checkers on here last year about Pinckney. They hated him because he was eating some potato chips in a pic they saw and didn’t have 6 pack abs that they could pull off to. I kept telling the **** fools that Pinckney is a football player so don’t worry about his goddam abs.
im a huge Steed fan as well and I’ve got some high hopes for Wilder as well.

Can’t teach Steeds instincts and you can’t teach Wilders raw athleticism. Diaz should be able to find ways to make these guys stars.

Big year for Manny IMO. Not many teams in the country have as much pure talent at LB as we do.

I am hoping Diaz move Zach to DE because he is better being aggressive moving forward rather playing in space. D. Smith moving to OLB is excellent for the 4-2-5 scheme. Wilder, Jennings and steed are going to step up and don’t be surprised by Dean too! DTs are only question concerning defense being dominant.

I am hoping Diaz move Zach to DE because he is better being aggressive moving forward rather playing in space. D. Smith moving to OLB is excellent for the 4-2-5 scheme. Wilder, Jennings and steed are going to step up and don’t be surprised by Dean too! DTs are only question concerning defense being dominant.
I'm not worried about the DT's as long as Willis stays on the field and either Bethel or Silvera can play on his level or a tad below, I think we will be ok.

Advertisement
I'm not worried about the DT's as long as Willis stays on the field and either Bethel or Silvera can play on his level or a tad below, I think we will be ok.
A lot of these guys forget that Norton and McIntosh were complete unknowns 2 years ago. Willis is way ahead of where either of them were. I’m actually hoping for improved production at DT this year.

I don’t think McIntosh or Norton made the 1st or 2nd team All-ACC. So the ACC thinks less of those guys than UM fans do.

A lot of these guys forget that Norton and McIntosh were complete unknowns 2 years ago. Willis is way ahead of where either of them were. I’m actually hoping for improved production at DT this year.

I don’t think McIntosh or Norton made the 1st or 2nd team All-ACC. So the ACC thinks less of those guys than UM fans do.
Yeah the dline while talented was largely inexperienced entering 2016 but guess what? They still did very well, same thing will happen this year

Advertisement
Back