Palm Beach Post Article on Manny Diaz and off season program

Advertisement
"[Simpson] has already made an impact in our program in terms of recuriting,” Diaz said. I’d say the same for ... Patke ....” Miami recently added three-star outside linebacker Samuel Brooks (2019) and four-star defensive tackle Willie Moise (2020)."

One more subtle hit on Kul's recruiting. If these guys are closers like Searels, Dugans and Hartley, I'm all in. Need that type of recruiting on the defensive staff.

Rousseau, Ivey, Frierson and Hall are getting out in front. Barring injury, I wouldn't be surprised to see every one of these guys in the 2 deep this Fall, and one of the DBs starting. Hope Patchan holds off Rousseau, Dean holds off Ivey/Frierson and Knowles/Finley hold off Hall/Frierson. But it wouldn't shock me to see any or all of the early entries leap ahead of those guys.

Advertisement
Willis/Bethel/Ford/Odenigbo > McIntosh/Norton/Moten/Bethel ? I have to think its at least a wash and we won't see a step down here. Especially if the two freshmen can contribute.

IMO Ford will end up being the best DT we've had here in the last decade.

Already a grown *** man, high motor, higher desire, explosive and a great overall skill set. IFFFF Wilis can stay on the field I expect that combo to negate the hit we just took from the two ealry departures.

Now we just need to add more guys like them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s got all the ability in the world. If he can keep Bad Gerald locked in the basement for the next year he and we will benefit ever so much.

Wait a minute Chise', we want Bad Gerald out of the basement on gameday right? lol. I want him to kill LSU and definitely FSU.

I want "Warren Sapp 2004 Orange Bowl game against Nebraska" type performance from him against LSU this year. He should take that game personal.

Gerald Willis getting praised once again. I think he will have a monster year
I think the entire article was great, but the news about Willis is what stood out the most to me.

I also loved what Diaz had to say about how the players are responding to Simpson and how Simpson is doing great on the recruting trail (no way that wasn't a shot at Kul). Don't get me wrong, it's not like Diaz was going to say anything negative about Simpson in the interview, but you can tell that Diaz respects and appreciates his knowledge of the game.

Everything that Diaz said about Simpson in that interview is in direct alignment with what Simpson's mentor/AD had to say about him. One person (mentor) has known Simpson for over 30 years and was his boss for over 22 years. The other person (Diaz) has know Simpson for less than a month and has been his boss for less than a month. But yet, the two have the exact same praise and respect for Simpson. That says a lot!

Some dudes’ crazy is so entrenched that it’s impervious to even the prospects of impending wealth. Battle cry for 2018: Keep Bad Gerald locked in the basement.

We need a level-headed member of the board to offer to be his advisor for the next year.

Advertisement
Wait a minute Chise', we want Bad Gerald out of the basement on gameday right? lol. I want him to kill LSU and definitely FSU.

I want "Warren Sapp 2004 Orange Bowl game against Nebraska" type performance from him against LSU this year. He should take that game personal.
No, sir. Bad Gerald is the guy who, while standing on the sidelines with his helmet off, punches opposing players as they go out of bounds. Bad Gerald microwaves neighbors' cats. You never want to see him.

Advertisement
Back