Pagano's days are numbered in Indy.

Southbeach44

Sophomore
Premium
I believe his next loss will be his last. It is bad up here in Indy. I have no sauce but I listen to Indy sports talk and read the papers. This man and Jim Irsey just are not on the same page at all. I have to think that his agent has at least reached out to the U. I will say that I would not be upset if he were to be our next coach. He is top 5 on my list along with Butch, Richt, Herman, and Fuente. Pagano would be my 5th choice.

Having said that, I do believe Pagano will be available very soon and will be in the mix. I live in Indy and everyone is talking about Pagano getting canned.

Advertisement
Agreed but it might drag out longer on the Colts end because they're playing in the NFL equivalent of the Coastal.

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me why Pagano?

Success in the NFL as a big time coordinator with Baltimore. 3 very successful years as a Head coach in the NFL. Has the likeable personality for recruits and boosters.. I guess he is a pretty good ******* coach if you look at his career record in the NFL...WTF is he not worth consideration?

Success in the NFL as a big time coordinator with Baltimore. 3 very successful years as a Head coach in the NFL. Has the likeable personality for recruits and boosters.. I guess he is a pretty good ******* coach if you look at his career record in the NFL...WTF is he not worth consideration?

he coaches in the afc south and the colts win that by default because the other teams are absolutely putrid. his head coaching record is insanely inflated.

Advertisement

Success in the NFL as a big time coordinator with Baltimore. 3 very successful years as a Head coach in the NFL. Has the likeable personality for recruits and boosters.. I guess he is a pretty good ****ing coach if you look at his career record in the NFL...WTF is he not worth consideration?

he coaches in the afc south and the colts win that by default because the other teams are absolutely putrid. his head coaching record is insanely inflated.

And we live in the ACC coastal so what the fug is your point? Pagano is good people and great coach. He would coach circles around the likes of Cutcliff, Jimbo and Dabo. He's been playing chess in the NFL while these guys are playing checkers in the ACC. And like previously mentioned he is a fantastic recruiter...you don't think he had an impact recruiting kids when he was here back in the day?

as a life long colts and canes fan I would not be too surprised to see him fired from indy. that being said I am not a fan of him going to Miami. his D has yet to improve in indy and his record is due to Luck and the afc south. He is an average coach but very good DC. I would Butch, Mario or Schiano. I want Mario on the staff more so as an asst. due to his recruiting but if HC is the only way then so be it. He would lock up S.FL and a basic aggressive D and good OL will be enough w the playmakers he would bring in IMO

11 wins 3 times in a row (albeit some consideration given to Bruce Arians) is hard to come by. Can't imagine him not getting a call about a few other NFL jobs at seasons end. But, if he were fired sooner rather than later, we could get in contact and most likely plan to have a coach named by first week of December. NFL won't be over by then to determine who leaves.

Downside.. seems like he would wind up back in the league after a season or 2 maybe 3 years tops if he ever leaves. Unless we can pay him the type of money that makes it competitive with the NFL and we won't.

Success in the NFL as a big time coordinator with Baltimore. 3 very successful years as a Head coach in the NFL. Has the likeable personality for recruits and boosters.. I guess he is a pretty good ****ing coach if you look at his career record in the NFL...WTF is he not worth consideration?

He is more qualified than anyone on anyone's coaching list except Butch and Mark Richt. And I don't even know if Richt is on a list except mine.

Advertisement

He is more qualified than anyone on anyone's coaching list except Butch and Mark Richt. And I don't even know if Richt is on a list except mine.

richt is a very close second to butch on my list. you're not alone there.

And we live in the ACC coastal so what the fug is your point? Pagano is good people and great coach. He would coach circles around the likes of Cutcliff, Jimbo and Dabo. He's been playing chess in the NFL while these guys are playing checkers in the ACC. And like previously mentioned he is a fantastic recruiter...you don't think he had an impact recruiting kids when he was here back in the day?

he's hardly a proven commodity as a head coach. you can accident your way to a division title as the colts' coach.

Advertisement

he's hardly a proven commodity as a head coach. you can accident your way to a division title as the colts' coach.

Even in a bad division you don't "accident" your way to three 11 win seasons, a .500 playoff record and a career winning % of .667 in the freaking NFL.

Insanely inflated

He also has 3 playoff wins. Are those "insanely inflated"?

He did well OOC too (beat the Niners, Seattle and Denver in 2013; beat Baltimore and Cinn in 2014). All playoff teams he beat during the regular season in 2013 and 2014.

Miami Hurricanes fire Al Golden, which may have NFL implications | ProFootballTalk

Colts head coach Chuck Pagano coached with Chudzinski at Miami and could also be a candidate to become the head coach of the Hurricanes. Pagano is widely expected to be fired after this season, and Colts owner Jim Irsay would surely be willing to let Pagano out of his contract early to go coach in Miami.

If we get Irsay all hopped up on scotch and pain killers he might even pick up some of Pagano's future salary.

Advertisement
Back