Pagano's days are numbered in Indy.

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me why Pagano?

Success in the NFL as a big time coordinator with Baltimore. 3 very successful years as a Head coach in the NFL. Has the likeable personality for recruits and boosters.. I guess he is a pretty good ****ing coach if you look at his career record in the NFL...WTF is he not worth consideration?

he coaches in the afc south and the colts win that by default because the other teams are absolutely putrid. his head coaching record is insanely inflated.

He is more qualified than anyone on anyone's coaching list except Butch and Mark Richt. And I don't even know if Richt is on a list except mine.

richt is a very close second to butch on my list. you're not alone there.

Same. Richt would be very high on my list as well

I personally don't see him coming back to college game. If indy gets rid of him I am sure he will be an assistant in nfl somewhere

as a life long colts and canes fan I would not be too surprised to see him fired from indy. that being said I am not a fan of him going to Miami. his D has yet to improve in indy and his record is due to Luck and the afc south. He is an average coach but very good DC. I would Butch, Mario or Schiano. I want Mario on the staff more so as an asst. due to his recruiting but if HC is the only way then so be it. He would lock up S.FL and a basic aggressive D and good OL will be enough w the playmakers he would bring in IMO

LOL You want Mario but not Chuck Pagano? WTF is wrong with some people?????

Colts fan here. I don't think many people posting in this thread actually watch the Colts on a weekly basis.

I think both the gm (grigson) and Pagano share the blame and hope they are gone soon. Pagano is on the last year of his contract and realistically could get fired during the bye week. Colts play Carolina, Denver and Atlanta the next 3 weeks so they could be 3-7. This was viewed as a Superbowl or bust season for the Colts.

Grigson has hit on some draft picks year 1 (luck, Hilton, Allen) and this year with Henry Anderson and David parry but he has had a ton of cap space and repeatedly wasted it (Laron Landry, gosder cherilius, herremans, etc) along with draft picks (trich trade, bjoern Werner) The OL is still a major issue.

Regarding Pagano, keep in mind the colts play in the horrible afc south. They basically go 6-0 in the division and struggle otherwise. They are 3-4 with all wins in the division this year. In years past they have been blown out by the mediocre Rams (38-8), cardinals (40-11) and 42-7 to Dallas last year. I believe he is 17-17 outside of the afc south including 0-4 this year.

The last 2 postseasons the colts had a realistic chance to beat the patriots. Patriots probably should have lost to the Ravens last year in the playoffs. Patriots ran for like 14 yards that game. The next week they completely out scheme the colts d again! They bring in another ol and Blount steamrolls the colts again 45-7 with the same game plan from the regular season.

Colts are currently ranked last defensively in the NFL and come out flat in a lot of games. Pagano is great for a lot of hallow quotes that drive me nuts - "building the monster", "man sharpens man like iron sharpens iron", regarding Trent Richardson "rolling ball of butcher knives".

Advertisement

Success in the NFL as a big time coordinator with Baltimore. 3 very successful years as a Head coach in the NFL. Has the likeable personality for recruits and boosters.. I guess he is a pretty good ****ing coach if you look at his career record in the NFL...WTF is he not worth consideration?

I just asked a question. Never said he wasn't worth considering.

The guy has tremendous coaching experience and will bring NFL level assistant coaches with him. He will have instant credibility and respect. He is on a whole different level of coaching compared to the majority of college coaches.

LOL overrated NFL coach who made the playoffs his first 3 seasons coaching. He has 3 playoff wins. His division may be bad except he wins OOC games too.

In 2013, he beat the Niners (12-4), Seahawks (13-3) and Broncos (13-3)

In 2014, he beat Bengals (10-5-1) and Ravens (10-6)

Playoff wins Chiefs (11-5), Bengals (10-5-1) and Broncos (12-4)

This guy has done a pretty good job.

Advertisement
Its amazing people trash an NFL coach but cheerleader Cristobal. Its like u can't even understand. Saban flamed out in the NFL, so did Butch, Spurrier, Belicheck the first time, and Carroll the first time. The NFL is big boy football. The Colts for years ignore their defense since Manning. No wonder they suck.

probably the inside job at Detroit, chuck is a winner and would have us on track not a 5 star hire but solid

If Butch isn't offered the job, I'm warming up to the idea of Pagano - at least he's the only other ex-Miami guy that I would give consideration to....

probably the inside job at Detroit, chuck is a winner and would have us on track not a 5 star hire but solid

Advertisement
If UM won't hire Butch because of the UNC mess, they definitely won't hire Pagano, He's named in it also...matter of fact, He still hasn't "cooperated".

I love how message board coaches poo poo these guys resumes . He's coaching at the highest level in the world and did a good job.

Jesus, it's funny how everyone finds whatever small flaws on a coaches resume but get rustled if you mention there guys flaws.

There's only a few perfect guys out there and everyone we're after isn't that guy.

I'd take

Hue
Pagano
Butch
Chud
Herman

And I can find flaws on all of them, but I'd still take them . Anyone on that list would be a huge upgrade from what we've had the last decade.

Last edited:
Colts best year during Pagano's reign was when Bruce Arians was the interim coach. Just saying.

Advertisement

he coaches in the afc south and the colts win that by default because the other teams are absolutely putrid. his head coaching record is insanely inflated.

And we live in the ACC coastal so what the fug is your point? Pagano is good people and great coach. He would coach circles around the likes of Cutcliff, Jimbo and Dabo. He's been playing chess in the NFL while these guys are playing checkers in the ACC. And like previously mentioned he is a fantastic recruiter...you don't think he had an impact recruiting kids when he was here back in the day?

he's hardly a proven commodity as a head coach. you can accident your way to a division title as the colts' coach.

Even in a bad division you don't "accident" your way to three 11 win seasons, a .500 playoff record and a career winning % of .667 in the freaking NFL.

This. Common sense.

Not sold on Pagano's assistants. Mario would bring better recruiters and good quality coaching from bama, etc. Like I said just my opinion, ****

Advertisement
Back