Packed House

They said Virginia Tech fans travel well, too. How'd that work out for them? Maybe 5-10% Hokies fans the other night. Notre Dame may fill ~20% of the crowd, but I'd be surprised if it was any more than that.

We'll just need our fans to be extra rowdy to drown those azzholes out.

Advertisement
Solid post, OP.

I took this late 1st or early 2nd quarter:
Capture.jpg

I'd say at peak stadium was about 90-95% full. Next Saturday is going to be a mad house.

We've come a long way from Sun Life Stadium with empty orange seats everywhere and everyone searching for shade from the 2PM sun.

The VT game looked close to a sell out. I think a few thousand short. More ND fans will push it to sell out.

Usually I can order my 2 free tickets online... (high school coaches get 2 complimentary tickets)
And the site won't even let me/us do it for this game. I've never had this issue, even when we played FSU or UF. It was always easy to get tickets.
My buddy that played at Miami usually gets 2 free tickets to every game as well, in the suites, and they're only allowing him to get ONE for this game.

Crazy. Place is gonna be a madhouse. I may drive down just to be in the **** area, as I'm sure the sports bars will be jumpin.

More than welcome to come hang out at our tailgate before the game if you come down. Multiple speakers, TVs, bbq...

Advertisement
I've always said that for us to be fully back, in terms of our fan base, that we would have to let the Orange Bowl go, just stop dwelling on it, and learn to embrace our stadium situation. It looks like that may finally be happening. It can be a significant home field advantage, it just depended on whether our fan base could get off its collective ***, instead of continually whining about the Orange Bowl, the Marlins, blah blah blah. It took us a full 10 years, but hey, better late than never.

It really is one of the best college football venues out there, and it definitely looks like a modern European soccer stadium....which, let's face it, fits Miami well.

People only miss the Orange Bowl because of what they remember on the field. We currently play in the stadium that Hester returned the first opening Super Bowl kickoff for a TD. JOE ROBBIE HAS TONS OF HISTORY!

People are really over doing this half opposing fans. There were a few VT fans but they are very quiet, there were some around us and even when they got the picks they didn't say nuttn. I think we have a bad reputation and I like it. Don't come up in our $h!t and make no noise O.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Up in those corners by the screens were a few empty seats but negligible. Ticket price a little steep for me this week, but prolly gonna go to game day then find a spot in Miami.
de5a106da05c2167efd64b3e3a7ccfc0.jpg

The game is officially sold out on UM's website. Stubhub has about 2500 tickets for sale, starting at $175. My concern is that it'll be nearly half ND fans. They travel well and have big money. I hope I'm wrong and that it's at least 75% Cane.

So you’ve never been to a Canes football game in person. It’s that obvious.

Advertisement
It will be packed. I expect it to be relatively well-attended by ND fans, but no way they fill half the stadium.

you misread the post. of the 2500 tickets left on stubbhub, maybe half of those go to ND. not half the stadium .. Really??

Anybody that’s been to even just a few canes games, especially this year, should know that it won’t be 75% canes fans or 85% canes fans or 90% canes fans.

It will be over 90% canes fans.

10% Notre Dame fans would mean approximately 6,500 domers at the rock. There won’t be that many. I say at most 5 to 6,000 Notre Dame fans. At most. That’s less than 10%.

Keep up people.

Those of you thinking that that will be even up to 25% Notre Dame fans at the game, you’ve obviously never been to a canes home game either this year or in the past. Even when we were being coached by Al Golden, the gators, who have a ton more local alumni than ND and they could easily get to the game, didn’t pack more than 15% of the stadium back in 2003.

Just dumb and uninformed people piping in here.

Anyone saying the stadium will be half ND should sell their ticket to a real Cane fan.

The cheapest nosebleed tickets are selling for over 200$ on stubhub. I can guarantee you there will be more people in the Rock than seats available.
My rep said they're selling standing only tickets in my box. I believe you're correct.

Advertisement
Anybody that’s been to even just a few canes games, especially this year, should know that it won’t be 75% canes fans or 85% canes fans or 90% canes fans.

It will be over 90% canes fans.

10% Notre Dame fans would mean approximately 6,500 domers at the rock. There won’t be that many. I say at most 5 to 6,000 Notre Dame fans. At most. That’s less than 10%.

Keep up people.

Those of you thinking that that will be even up to 25% Notre Dame fans at the game, you’ve obviously never been to a canes home game either this year or in the past. Even when we were being coached by Al Golden, the gators, who have a ton more local alumni than ND and they could easily get to the game, didn’t pack more than 15% of the stadium back in 2003.

Just dumb and uninformed people piping in here.

I'm predicting it'll be about 8.7% Notre Dame fans in the parking lots and only 6.3% will actually make it into the game alive.

Advertisement
I was at the game section 347 row 4.. for the 4th q I moved to my friend suit up until the last play the stadium was packed and the fans were all in.

I went to UM from 2000 - 2004 so I was spoiled with the great teams at the OB but...last sat everyone was ear to ear smiles and in to every play. This team may not have the insane historic talent we had in those teams but they fight just as hard as those guys did on every play and with these coaches they will build them in to those types of players eventually.

on another note,
I am happy we are ranked lower then we should, I am happy we are being dissed in the media, thats our fuel, always has been.

Up in those corners by the screens were a few empty seats but negligible. Ticket price a little steep for me this week, but prolly gonna go to game day then find a spot in Miami.
de5a106da05c2167efd64b3e3a7ccfc0.jpg

Season tickets start at $140 a piece for all 6 games. It’s always the smart move to buy season tickets even if you can’t attend. Keep that in mind for next year

Usually I can order my 2 free tickets online... (high school coaches get 2 complimentary tickets)
And the site won't even let me/us do it for this game. I've never had this issue, even when we played FSU or UF. It was always easy to get tickets.
My buddy that played at Miami usually gets 2 free tickets to every game as well, in the suites, and they're only allowing him to get ONE for this game.

Crazy. Place is gonna be a madhouse. I may drive down just to be in the **** area, as I'm sure the sports bars will be jumpin.

More than welcome to come hang out at our tailgate before the game if you come down. Multiple speakers, TVs, bbq...

Thanks brother. Will come through if I'm down there.

High five.jpg

Haven't been in the place since the renovations but on TV it looks sick. Gotta be the coolest stadium in all of college football.

One thing about Miami football...
Everybody talks about how our fan base is ****ty and nobody comes to the games...
But when we're rollin' there's no other college team with an atmosphere like ours.

Our women.
Our stadium.
In an international city.
Celebrities and pro athletes at our games.

I bet the ND game will be a "who's who" of celebrities and athletes. When we're a hot ticket, we're a hot ticket.

Advertisement
Back