PAC-12 will play 7 games

So even with a blowout win vs FSU on Saturday and assuming in the PAC 12 teams what does this do to Miami‘s rankings as of Sunday? First is first. Get the win - fully understood. Just thinking ahead.

Advertisement
Since all kinds of norms are being broken this year, I hope that they mess with the format of the BCS.

Have all the P5 get their top team in. Vote on 3 at large or BCS formula the others in.

I don't care if you played 7, 8, 9, or whatever. More teams mean it can be settled on the field. If the top PAC team ran the table and beat all comers, who cares that they played 7. They still beat the top teams in the championship.
No.

Advertisement
Can they even play in Cali? Air quality is worse than a back room poker tourney in India.

let’s say one cancelled game. 6-0 Oregon makes it in over who?? No one. Ohio state will get in obv. Money talks bs walks.

Here’s a scenario. 1 loss ACC runner up or 7-0 pac12 champ or 8-0 big ten champ or maybe 7-1 big ten champ.

....I hope more focus gets put on the unprecedented R&D that allowed us to eradicate the great and sinister murderbot myocarditis. There’s so little discussion of it right now that it’s almost as if it wasn’t a real concern in the first place. I can’t even find a single story about this most necessary breakthrough.

Anyone got a link?

Amazing isn’t it?

The PAC12 and BIG10 should be co-winners of the Nobel prize in medicine for finding a cure for that heretofore unknown scourge of myocarditis.

It’s not like it was a bullshlt red herring in the first place.

Why punish the players as all these decisions have been way above their role?

If a team looks good, it isn't their fault they only had 7 games. What if we beat everyone but Clemson, but had to cancel two due to our own issues or someone else's, should we be penalized?

Say the ACC has another one loss team besides us, we're ranked higher, but didn't play and they have one more win as they lost a game due to Covid, should we be punished?

Let the best from the bigs play and it'll all be sorted on the field. It would also generate a lot of excitement, with 8 teams with a shot.

Advertisement
Even a 7-0 Oregon team fails to make the CFP. The playoffs are already booked: ACC Winner (presumptive Clemson). Big 12 (presumptive Oklahoma), SEC Winner (Alabama, or maybe UGA or LSU), and either Ohio $tate (if 9-0 Big 10 Winner) or $EC/ACC runner-up. Tie at runner up would probably go to $EC unless Notre Dame can wiggle in.

Since all kinds of norms are being broken this year, I hope that they mess with the format of the BCS.

Have all the P5 get their top team in. Vote on 3 at large or BCS formula the others in.

I don't care if you played 7, 8, 9, or whatever. More teams mean it can be settled on the field. If the top PAC team ran the table and beat all comers, who cares that they played 7. They still beat the top teams in the championship.
I’ve been calling for the P5 champs plus 3 since the CFP started. Not that anyone listens, haha.

Always felt 8 teams was sufficient. Schedules strengths aren’t balanced so each champ getting an automatic entry is fair. Yes, you gotta vote for three, but that allows ND in should they get the votes and gives the top 2nd place teams a chance. The only rule I would add is only one team per conference allowed in the 3 at-large berths. This prevents the $EC from gerrymandering the playoffs.

The only downside is the two or three conference championship games losers are entered regardless. This renders the conference championship game meaningless except for bragging rights and coaching bonuses. The path need to be harder for the lower seed teams. I’m assuming the playoff games are the neutral site bowls so home-field advantage is not a factor.

I’ve been calling for the P5 champs plus 3 since the CFP started. Not that anyone listens, haha.

Always felt 8 teams was sufficient. Schedules strengths aren’t balanced so each champ getting an automatic entry is fair. Yes, you gotta vote for three, but that allows ND in should they get the votes and gives the top 2nd place teams a chance. The only rule I would add is only one team per conference allowed in the 3 at-large berths. This prevents the $EC from gerrymandering the playoffs.

The only downside is the two or three conference championship games losers are entered regardless. This renders the conference championship game meaningless except for bragging rights and coaching bonuses. The path need to be harder for the lower seed teams. I’m assuming the playoff games are the neutral site bowls so home-field advantage is not a factor.

I like all of that. Say UCF runs the table, that's a bid. While I agree the conference championship could be inconsequential at times, sometimes the second best team in a conference is behind the winner of the conference and just lost the heads up battle. In some cases they never played, there was an odd situation like that in the Big10 a few years back.

Win and you're in. I'm a big fan of 8 teams like you.

Advertisement
Meanwhile we on Gameday 2 weeks in a row. Possibly 3 out of 4 if we go undefeated into Clemson. You reap what you sow

Advertisement

What a bunch of losers. They took their ball and went home hoping that would cause everyone else to cancel. They sat looking out of the window at everyone else having fun and came back outside with their tail between their legs making up excuses as to why they went inside earlier.

These morons (just like the B10) aren’t going to have make up weeks built in so some of their teams aren’t even going to be playing 7 games. Does a 4-0 Arizona State make the playoff? It would be a terrible thing, just terrible, if their conference championship had to get pushed back till after the playoff committee meets. Same for Big10, it would be devastating.

I like all of that. Say UCF runs the table, that's a bid. While I agree the conference championship could be inconsequential at times, sometimes the second best team in a conference is behind the winner of the conference and just lost the heads up battle. In some cases they never played, there was an odd situation like that in the Big10 a few years back.

Win and you're in. I'm a big fan of 8 teams like you.
A G5 team can definitely make the CFP as an at-large team, if they’re good enough to get the votes. Teams like UCF need to increase value as a CFP contender by playing road warriors against top P5 competition. A 12-0 or 11-1 record against G5 and lesser competition isn’t as impressive as 10-2 in a P5 conference. A G5 team needs a good win, like when Houston beat highly ranked FSU and Oklahoma a few years ago.

Advertisement
Back