Overall Talent

407cane

All-ACC
With the possible monster additions of Phillips and Hill, it got me thinking.

When was the last time we had a team this talented?

During the Golden years we had a lot of NFL talent that was under-utilized but nothing that screams more stacked than we will be under Manny for the first year or two

Advertisement
once again, it'll all depend on our line play. I am confident Jess will have our DL playing at a great clip again next year, especially if we can add a few more pieces, but it will all depend on our OL play. If our OL can even be a bit better than average, we have all the skills players needed to be the 2nd best team in the ACC

Advertisement
Kennedy will help with his experience. We still have Donaldson (3rd year) and Scaife got a lot of work this past year. I think it will improve over last years line and it will get help with Enos as OC. I would like to see Hall come to us, that would really help our DE depth and his heart can only help this team mature and stand up and be accountable.

Advertisement
It was all bad a month ago. A new HC, OC, a real QB and JT4 off parole changed the game.

Don't get carried away. Until we see different, we are still pure garbage at 2 of the most important spots. QB and OL. Same theme since we lost Kaaya.

But go back to the original question, which was about talent. I think Perry and Williams have talent. They may not have the right motivation or proper discipline, but they are talented.

If we can harness their abilities, plus Tate, we could have something very nice. But, yes, that's a big IF.

Advertisement
Don't get carried away. Until we see different, we are still pure garbage at 2 of the most important spots. QB and OL. Same theme since we lost Kaaya.

Will see about that. Donaldson was a freshman all american. All the local guys know Scaffie is the goods. Guys like Campbell and Reed were recruited by everybody. We added Kennedy who is suppose to be a plug and play. Nobody on offense flourished under Richt. Lets see what we have with a real OC and o line coach from the NFL.

QB, hopefully Martell can play this season. Hes the leader weve been missing. Even so, the guys on the roster will look completly different under Enos. Everybody learned this lesson after we replaced D’nofrio with Diaz. Some thought we didnt have any talent on D. Others knew that it was all coaching. Same applies to o line a QB.

Will see about that. Donaldson was a freshman all american. All the local guys know Scaffie is the goods. Guys like Campbell and Reed were recruited by everybody. We added Kennedy who is suppose to be a plug and play. Nobody on offense flourished under Richt. Lets see what we have with a real OC and o line coach from the NFL.

QB, hopefully Martell can play this season. Hes the leader weve been missing. Even so, the guys on the roster will look completly different under Enos. Everybody learned this lesson after we replaced D’nofrio with Diaz. Some thought we didnt have any talent on D. Others knew that it was all coaching. Same applies to o line a QB.

All of us know that. None of them has done anything yet either. They need to earn respect and W's. No more paper champions.

Advertisement
I feel like this thread was made last year too
Honestly a prediction was made 31-17 on TOS we would beat LSU and I said no well in ****. Not with a new oline and Rosier at QB and one of the worst offensive mind in college football. The offense will be exponentially better and the D will be very solid again especially if we add Hill and the DT. It will be the most complete roster in well over a decade.

Do any of you guys ever think about how much that 2014 team underachieved? There was NFL talent all over that roster and we went 6-7. Duke, Dorsett, Chick, Denzel, Artie, Stacey, Deon, Flowers, Kamalu, Corn, Feliciano just to name a few and we went 6-7!!! We had the same amount of players drafted in 2015 as Bama, seriously blows my mind how much that team under performed.

Advertisement
Back