Over/Under stat projections for the 2021 season.

Advertisement
I think without 6/8 dropping passes he may have been close to that % last season.
If our favorite receivers didn’t drop any passes last year King would have finished just under 68%.

Advertisement
Rambo:
48 catches
840 yards
7 td’s

Rambo putting up those numbers would be nothing short of amazing. For comparison's sake, Osborn went 50/547/5 and made a huge impact. I frankly expect us to spread the ball more early in the season as Lashlee looks for someone(s) to step up, so I think the receiving stats will be more spread out than lopsided. Hopefully as the season progresses Garcia will be better at distributing the ball.

That said, gotta think with Garcia starting, Rambo could average those types of numbers per game.

Just that 67% completion percentage is huge. I can see all of the #'s happening, man. Even with an improved and focused running game, which we should have.

Just think if Malik would've hit 67% of his passes in 2018 with that D.....that would've been 10-2.
Unfortuntely the other side of 67% completion are WRs making the grabs.

Will the WR room make it happen this year?

Rambo putting up those numbers would be nothing short of amazing. For comparison's sake, Osborn went 50/547/5 and made a huge impact. I frankly expect us to spread the ball more early in the season as Lashlee looks for someone(s) to step up, so I think the receiving stats will be more spread out than lopsided. Hopefully as the season progresses Garcia will be better at distributing the ball.

That said, gotta think with Garcia starting, Rambo could average those types of numbers per game.
I love the Garcia talk haha. But comparing Osborn too Rambo is crazy IMO because Osborn played with both 1st year Enos and Jarren while Rambo will be playing with both 2nd year Lashlee and King.

I love the Garcia talk haha. But comparing Osborn too Rambo is crazy IMO because Osborn played with both 1st year Enos and Jarren while Rambo will be playing with both 2nd year Lashlee and King.

And Garcia loves throwing 1st-snap 85 yard touchdowns.

You make a good point here, but who the **** else was there opposite Osborn at that point? I'm not exactly enamored with Harley, but his stats were certainly solid last year, albeit as the only guy who could catch a pass.

Say he does the same this year, ish. Mallory gets way more yards. Somebody like a Restrepo or a Brinson steps up. I could even see Rooster getting more targets than handoffs. And, I think it's pretty well agreed we're gonna run the ball more this year given the stable of RB's and the OL probably becoming a strength.

I'm not saying he cannot or will not do it. What I'm saying is that if he does, it's either a very good or very bad indicator for the team.

Advertisement
And Garcia loves throwing 1st-snap 85 yard touchdowns.

You make a good point here, but who the **** else was there opposite Osborn at that point? I'm not exactly enamored with Harley, but his stats were certainly solid last year, albeit as the only guy who could catch a pass.

Say he does the same this year, ish. Mallory gets way more yards. Somebody like a Restrepo or a Brinson steps up. I could even see Rooster getting more targets than handoffs. And, I think it's pretty well agreed we're gonna run the ball more this year given the stable of RB's and the OL probably becoming a strength.

I'm not saying he cannot or will not do it. What I'm saying is that if he does, it's either a very good or very bad indicator for the team.
I think it will be a good indicator because I think we can all agree the offense was vanilla last year for a spread offense. I think the playbooks gonna open up a little more with the experience on the offense and we’ll most likely play faster which will inflate stats.

Advertisement
Back