OV Weekend #1 June 4-6

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jones is the best interior DL on our board IMO.
Tarber and Lucas will have something to say about this statement. Honestly, I think Lyons might get left behind if Jones, Tarber and Lucas have legit interest. Tarber is the war daddy we usually have no shot at and, imo, Lucas and Jones look like Day 1 3T DTs .

Add Nyjalik and Shemar (who both seem to have real interest) and this could possibly be the best DL class ever !

Advertisement
Tarbor and Jones are 2 different types first off. Jones is tailor made for our 3T but if he is truly 6’3 280+ like listed then he has the length and frame to pack on some more weight and not be anywhere close to a liability on run downs either. I’m kind of choosing between tired of the undersized, sawed off, lack of length 3T’s (like Nesta) OR the plugs. Jones could be a mixture of both and would be a nice piece to have. Yes, Leonard Taylor could be that guy as well, but we need more than one lol. Elijah has the ability too, but until we see it from either one of them, you take as many as possible. Harrison-Hunte, although he has the length and size you like, he isn’t stout enough YET at the point either based off what I have seen. I’m all for Tarbor as well because even though our system is what it is, we need as many of those types too because when we need to force the issue against the bigger, more physical teams so you can never have enough of those types either. Jones is just super twitched up, he is violent, and I love the motor on tape that I have seen. You put all of that with 6’3 280+, I’ll put him above anyone we are after. JMO. But again, we need him, Tarbor, AND one more.

Tarber and Lucas will have something to say about this statement. Honestly, I think Lyons might get left behind if Jones, Tarber and Lucas have legit interest. Tarber is the war daddy we usually have no shot at and, imo, Lucas and Jones look like Day 1 3T DTs .

Add Nyjalik and Shemar (who both seem to have real interest) and this could possibly be the best DL class ever !

I’m drawing a blank, Lucas?

Advertisement
how many guys can we sign for the 22 class?

At this point, it's a max of 23 high school kids. We have already given 2 of our 25 ICs to a transfer (the OG from UNLV) and a late-arriving high school kid (the RB that Tennessee released from his LOI).

In all likelihood, we will probably not take more than 20 high school recruits unless the NCAA provides IC relief for transfers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back