Out of State Players

actually you're right and i can't read. he did say skill position.

Yup - I was just talking skill positions.

And it's actually common for QB's & TE's to be from out of state. It's really just the RB's & WR's that are uncommon.

I think these are the only RB/WR's who led us in rushing/receiving in the last 30 years:

RB - (3) Stephen McGuire (NY), Jarrett Payton (IL), Graig Cooper (TN)
WR - (4) Wesley Carroll (OH), Reggie Wayne (LA), Braxton Berrios (NC), Jeff Thomas (IL). Lance Leggett graduated HS in TX, but grew up in FL

Advertisement
I've been saying for a while now that our local ELITE players are being plucked by Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, LSU, and Alabama. We need to do the same nationally for certain positions while being the MASTER in our own area. Below, are a few of many that we all knew where ELITE players and our past coaches slacked on.

Playing on Sundays

Devin Bush Jr. (Michigan Via Flanagan HS)
Amari Cooper (Northwestern Senior HS)
Nick and Joey Bosa (St. Thomas HS)
Brian Burns (American Heritage HS)
Calvin Ridley (Monarch HS)

Will play on Sundays

Marco Wilson (American Heritage HS)
Patrick Surtain II (American Heritage HS)
Jerry Jeudy (Deerfield Beach HS)
Evan Neal (IMG Academy HS)
Frank Ladson Jr. (South Dade)

And then we keep hearing Unsuccessful coaches say "We can't get all of them", while the words that we should be hearing are "We need to get the right ones".
Nothing about Marco Wilson should be considered elite or even on that list with those other guys. Henderson yes but Wilson? No

Plus no one knew Devin bush would turn out the way he did. And you can’t miss on something you never had as bush was an FSU legacy

Joey and nick bosa were always going to osu

Jerry jeudy- see Deerfield and he was paid and bought by bama.

Ridley- paid and bought by bama

Surtain- was never coming here, he even spurned long time LSU favorite to go to bama who always led for him.

Evan neal is a type of guy Miami should have been able to land

QB - Jarren Williams - Georgia
RB - Deejay Dallas - Georgia
WR - Jeff Thomas - Illinois
TE - Brevin Jordan - Nevada

This could be the 1st Miami team ever where the top player (statistically) at each skill position is from out of state.

I have no big comment on this or anything - I just realized it and thought it was interesting.

Osborn is from MI

This could be the 1st Miami team ever where the top player (statistically) at each skill position is from out of state.

I have no big comment on this or anything - I just realized it and thought it was interesting.

Because the out of state programs raid the living @#!$ out of us. Let's take advantage of these kids that have wanderlust and offer them a paradise situation. How many of our QBs went to highschool in Miami? Jacory and...?

Advertisement

1989 Champs QB- Toretta
RB-McGuire
WR-Wesley Carrol TE-Chud

Good. Everyone complaining about lack of loyalty but we aren’t sending first rounders to the league anymore not like the SEC (not to mention bags).
Their career is their business and I wouldn’t be loyal to a subpar business either. Gonna take players who truly breathe green and orange to get us great again wherever they come from

Hope it remains that way. The fantasy that one day all of the local studs will all decide to make the crib great again isn't realistic. We have national cachet. Let's use it.
Too many locals want to make their wallet fat, and sell themselves to the highest bidder. They care nothing about Miami, but use the "dream school" angle to get more $. It is code for, "Pay me or I will go to Miami." The ones that do care about the crib will put their all into it. The ones that don't, like Belly Button Byrd, more often than not end up busts. Why? Because they don't care about their team, but rather themselves.

I simply hope as far as OOS players go we mainly target them for the o line. Coach Barry needs to be logging those frequent flier miles big time to get the type of quality o lineman we need.

Advertisement
Hope it remains that way. The fantasy that one day all of the local studs will all decide to make the crib great again isn't realistic. We have national cachet. Let's use it.

Yeah. Those good old days of keeping the South Florida Tri-county HS fellows home is PASSE! And probably won't happen again. But then again, one never knows. hUh.

Conversely, this is the first miami team ever that fields all 11 defensive starters from in-state.

I think.

TE are typically out of state when we were good. Shockey, Winslow, Franks, Graham, Everett, Herndon, etc.

Advertisement
I've been saying for a while now that our local ELITE players are being plucked by Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, LSU, and Alabama. We need to do the same nationally for certain positions while being the MASTER in our own area. Below, are a few of many that we all knew where ELITE players and our past coaches slacked on.

Playing on Sundays

Devin Bush Jr. (Michigan Via Flanagan HS)
Amari Cooper (Northwestern Senior HS)
Nick and Joey Bosa (St. Thomas HS)
Brian Burns (American Heritage HS)
Calvin Ridley (Monarch HS)

Will play on Sundays

Marco Wilson (American Heritage HS)
Patrick Surtain II (American Heritage HS)
Jerry Jeudy (Deerfield Beach HS)
Evan Neal (IMG Academy HS)
Frank Ladson Jr. (South Dade)

And then we keep hearing Unsuccessful coaches say "We can't get all of them", while the words that we should be hearing are "We need to get the right ones".
Can't list the Bosa Boys ... they are OS legacies.

Can't list the Bosa Boys ... they are OS legacies.

Why not, if Alabama and other can steal our legacies when can steal theirs too. Time to think like Manny and have a SAVAGE mentality this is #TNM for a reason.

Let's Go []_[]

Advertisement
What legacies did Baga get from the U?
Neal
5c1aab5712edfc35b4000001.jpeg

There are truly ELITE talents at each position that come out of south florida every couple years. We NEED to land ALL not some of those guys to ever produce consistent HOF players and first rounders like we used to.

The most recent truly ELITE ones that left home:
Jerry Jeudy
Dalvin Cook
Amari Cooper
Calvin Ridley
Sony Michel
Brian Burns
Both Bosas
Trayvon Mullen
**** Id throw in lamar jackson

The ELITE ones that stayed:
Ahmmon Richards

Even shaq and pink and neo and jo jax and bandy arent at this level.

Imagine our team with EVERY SINGLE ONE of these players.

That is how you get the U back. You land all those players when they are ready and you get back to producing top picks HOF players and dominating saturdays

Advertisement
Back