Out of State Players

bshaw28

Junior
QB - Jarren Williams - Georgia
RB - Deejay Dallas - Georgia
WR - Jeff Thomas - Illinois
TE - Brevin Jordan - Nevada

This could be the 1st Miami team ever where the top player (statistically) at each skill position is from out of state.

I have no big comment on this or anything - I just realized it and thought it was interesting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The locals will say its a fluke... but the truth is we need to recruit the whole country. WR's, DB's and RB's are plentiful in South Florida. We do get some excellent DE's from around here as well. I would only recruit the elite kids involving those positions outside of our area. All other positions, require leaving us the area for the most part...

QB - Jarren Williams - Georgia
RB - Deejay Dallas - Georgia
WR - Jeff Thomas - Illinois
TE - Brevin Jordan - Nevada

This could be the 1st Miami team ever where the top player (statistically) at each skill position is from out of state.

I have no big comment on this or anything - I just realized it and thought it was interesting.

edit: op's point was about skill positions and my comment is in the wrong context because i'm a tard.

2001 has it beat:

qb- dorsey -california
ot- mckinnie- new jersey (juco was in pa)
interior ol- romberg- canada
te- shockey- oklahoma
s- reed- louisiana

also notable starters: sherko was from iran and dj williams from cali.

Last edited:
Advertisement
2001 has it beat:

qb- dorsey -california
ot- mckinnie- new jersey (juco was in pa)
interior ol- romberg- canada
te- shockey- oklahoma
s- reed- louisiana

also notable starters: sherko was from iran and dj williams from cali.

Yeah but OP's point seemed to be about the offensive skill positions. Clinton Portis & Andre Johnson were both from Florida... As were Davenport and McGahee.

And even if you want to extend it to the defense, we were loaded with in-state kids at most starting positions (Vilma, Rumph, Buchanan, McDougle, etc.)

Kind of just thinking off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure that all of our starters on defense week 0 were from florida, I could be wrong though

Yeah but OP's point seemed to be about the offensive skill positions. Clinton Portis & Andre Johnson were both from Florida... As were Davenport and McGahee.

And even if you want to extend it to the defense, we were loaded with in-state kids at most starting positions (Vilma, Rumph, Buchanan, McDougle, etc.)

actually you're right and i can't read. he did say skill position.

Advertisement
Put on for the home team or watch the home team win with oos players. I’ve been saying it since cmr got here and it will continue with Manny.
Maybe Manny changes things but I’ll have to see it to believe it.
When NSD comes and we get 3-4 elite sofla players it will be the beginning.

" OUT OF TOWNERS MAKING THE CRIB GR8 AGAIN."

Chess not checkers baby and that being said - Born and raised in this Sunshine State!

All I care for is W's.
Go Canes! :neonu:🙌 :stormwarningflag-sm:

Advertisement
for the most part these s florida kids have no loyalty to their home state or the U for that matter. miami needs to start winning ASAFP and these kids wont leave. bottom line

I've been saying for a while now that our local ELITE players are being plucked by Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, LSU, and Alabama. We need to do the same nationally for certain positions while being the MASTER in our own area. Below, are a few of many that we all knew where ELITE players and our past coaches slacked on.

Playing on Sundays

Devin Bush Jr. (Michigan Via Flanagan HS)
Amari Cooper (Northwestern Senior HS)
Nick and Joey Bosa (St. Thomas HS)
Brian Burns (American Heritage HS)
Calvin Ridley (Monarch HS)

Will play on Sundays

Marco Wilson (American Heritage HS)
Patrick Surtain II (American Heritage HS)
Jerry Jeudy (Deerfield Beach HS)
Evan Neal (IMG Academy HS)
Frank Ladson Jr. (South Dade)

And then we keep hearing Unsuccessful coaches say "We can't get all of them", while the words that we should be hearing are "We need to get the right ones".

Advertisement
Back