Our WRs lost the game. Its really that simple

Advertisement
Problem is brody, dude is already 24 & he’s what, 5’8-9? I dunno man. Not sure what future he has a QB1 in the NFL. He’s giving me the Michael Robinson (PSU) and Denard Robinson (Michigan) feel
He's a better QB than both of those guys. They were better athletes.

He's a better QB than both of those guys. They were better athletes.
Well if I’m going to be honest, not by much. King thus far has shown an inability to stretch the field. Quick slants; sure...but I have yet to see him make all the throws. His legs have been more impressive than his arm, if I’m going to be really honest.

Advertisement
Well if I’m going to be honest, not by much. King thus far has shown an inability to stretch the field. Quick slants; sure...but I have yet to see him make all the throws. His legs have been more impressive than his arm, if I’m going to be really honest.
I'm talking about how he processes the game - I've actually been v impressed with it. He's just 5'9" (ish) with a weak-ish arm.

Obviously he's not being helped by his WR's inability to come down with contested catches like other college QBs.

I'm talking about how he processes the game - I've actually been v impressed with it. He's just 5'9" (ish) with a weak-ish arm.

Obviously he's not being helped by his WR's inability to come down with contested catches like other college QBs.
OK, I got u now brotha. I agree with you.

Aye dawg. His feet have only impressed me on passing plays where he has to scramble. (Like the 50 yarder tonight)

but our zone read game been kinda trash all year. We 4 games in with more than 1/3 of the season over.

When he gives we get stuffed regularly. When he keeps he’s getting tackled for a loss.

Somethings wrong there. But Miami never seems to pickup more than 1-2 yards on most of those runs for the RB or QB.

At first we said UAB has a great defense, Lville, the FSU, now Clemson.

we’ve hit some big runs. I’m happy about those....but we really do have too many runs go for little to no gain still.

How about gettting 4+ yards a pop AND the big runs.

Not -2, 3, 1 yard and a 60 yarder.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Aye dawg. His feet have only impressed me on passing plays where he has to scramble. (Like the 50 yarder tonight)

but our zone read game been kinda trash all year. We 4 games in with more than 1/3 of the season over.

When he gives we get stuffed regularly. When he keeps he’s getting tackled for a loss.

Somethings wrong there. But Miami never seems to pickup more than 1-2 yards on most of those runs for the RB or QB.

we’ve hit some big runs. I’m happy about those....but we really do have too manny runs go for little to no gain still.

This guy right here; this guy right here!!! Mark this as a post of the night & indicative of our season.

The fact is we’ve been feast or famine & the feast has happened on broken plays by our opposition. Today, there was no broken plays or very few in between. ****, truth be told, on King’s longest run, Gaynor got away w holding. Lol.

We now face another solid defensive test in Pitt. I’m really anxious to see how we work. Clearly our run game is our strength right now, but I think Clemson just gave teams a blue print on how to snuff us out.

This game was lost once Venables watched our game film and realized that we don't have one WR who can either create separation or make a contested catch. Then:
(1) Ripple effect #1: Clemson, with zero respect for our WRs plays man-man and takes Jordan out of the game
(2) Ripple effect #2: Clemson, with zero respect for our WRs puts 8 men in the box in obvious running downs and blitzes at will, whenever they want
(3) Ripple effect #3: As a result of (1) and (2), we can't sustain a drive
(4) Ripple effect #4: Because we can't sustain a drive, the defense is on the field for way too long
(5) Ripple effect #5: Because the defense is on the field for way too long, the thing snowballs

And Lashlee doesn't adjust to 1-3 at all 🙂

we’ve hit some big runs. I’m happy about those....but we really do have too many runs go for little to no gain still.

Very early in the game. Maybe the first drive actually, he doesn't give to Cam and takes a TFL. Two Clemson defenders were in his face, he had no chance himself. However, if he gives to Cam and Cam breaks one arm tackle he has a hole the size of the grand canyon ahead of him. Off to the races.

One sample but early on something like that could've been huge.

King’s deep ball is eerily similar to Jacory Harris’ deep balls. Those chits hang up there forever; but our WRs have no dog in them to fight for the ball.

The only horrible one was probably Mallory's. He should've had more air to the outside. The other, our WRs need to come back and fight for the ball. He laid it out to give em a chance.

Advertisement
I take the point and they do suck....but dont get it twisted we got our *** whooped in all facets ....

Advertisement
King is *** beyond 15 yards. I said it after the very first game only to hear don’t worry it’s just the first game and his timing is off it will get better. It really doesn’t matter if our WRs get separation... well depending on how far downfield. Garcia gets knocked because of his mobility but he sure can sling it and IS what we need at QB along with TVD. I didn’t have any delusions that we were going go there and pull out a win so I stayed quiet about it. We hadn’t played ANYONE and I felt even worse about it after watching Louisville. I also knew that they were far more talented across the board with quality depth. I honestly can’t blame Lashlee at all because no offensive gameplan was going to work right now. We are headed in the right direction and if we can hold on to this recruiting class it will be another big step forward.

We lost this game 2,3,4 years ago w lack of recruiting
We don’t have the horses to compete
WR is ONE area
But you couldn’t name one player besides bolden and Phillips and Roche who starts for them

and those guys are transfers! What does that tell you?
Clemson is Bigger, Faster, Stronger and Smarter at literally everything **** position
It is NOT close

Miami needs a pharmacy and a bank and real coaching staff to compete
I doubt it’s coming anytime soon
Phillips is athletic but that is it.. loses contain often like roche but at least roche gets a sac here and there. Bolden only one worth a ****. Roche is only good when he can rush inside on running plays.. otherwise he loses contain

Or roll the pocket away from blitz, rub routes with drags , max protect and run double moves. This was an enoesque performance by Lashlee.
The scripted stuff in the first quarter was so disappointing. 2 weeks to prepare and we got absolutely bullied.

The trick play to Mallory was a nice call to catch them playing too aggressively, but that was about it. And I’m sure that was supposed to be saved for later in the game, but we had to use it early cause we had nothing else working.

Advertisement
Back