Our WRs lost the game. Its really that simple

This game was lost once Venables watched our game film and realized that we don't have one WR who can either create separation or make a contested catch. Then:
(1) Ripple effect #1: Clemson, with zero respect for our WRs plays man-man and takes Jordan out of the game
(2) Ripple effect #2: Clemson, with zero respect for our WRs puts 8 men in the box in obvious running downs and blitzes at will, whenever they want
(3) Ripple effect #3: As a result of (1) and (2), we can't sustain a drive
(4) Ripple effect #4: Because we can't sustain a drive, the defense is on the field for way too long
(5) Ripple effect #5: Because the defense is on the field for way too long, the thing snowballs

Advertisement
This game was lost once Venables watched our game film and realized that we don't have one WR who can either create separation or make a contested catch. Then:
(1) Ripple effect #1: Clemson, with zero respect for our WRs plays man-man and takes Jordan out of the game
(2) Ripple effect #2: Clemson, with zero respect for our WRs puts 8 men in the box in obvious running downs and blitzes at will, whenever they want
(4) Ripple effect #4: Because we can't sustain a drive, the defense is on the field for way too long
(5) Ripple effect #5: Because the defense is on the field for way too long, the thing snowballs

You didn't tell 1 lie brother.

Advertisement
This is the worst group of WRs I've seen at this school since I became a fan in 1998, yes.

But cmon and show some love for the group of slow and weak LBs Manure put together who got smashed into the turf and humiliated all night by ETN and their OL.
I agree that our LBers are dog ****, but I think WRs and OPs point is well taken. ETN does that to everyone he’s every played. Dude is a game breaker. I was hoping for more on the outside and they took our lunch

Elite post! Also Lashlee didn’t change up the route combos. I want to see Payton, Smith, and Redding moving forward.

Gonna be trouble with UAB and Clemson tape out there showing how we’re vulnerable to blitzes bc our receivers can’t get off the line against press coverage.

From what I saw, they rarely put 8 in the box. Most of the time it was 6, maybe 7.

Advertisement
I'm confused.

How does playing man against Jordan take him out of the game? Isn't he good enough to beat man coverage?

Where were the play calls to Mallory? Where were the passes to the middle / flats to our dynamic RBs?

We lost this game 2,3,4 years ago w lack of recruiting
We don’t have the horses to compete
WR is ONE area
But you couldn’t name one player besides bolden and Phillips and Roche who starts for them

and those guys are transfers! What does that tell you?
Clemson is Bigger, Faster, Stronger and Smarter at literally everything **** position
It is NOT close

Miami needs a pharmacy and a bank and real coaching staff to compete
I doubt it’s coming anytime soon

in the hotbed of where all D-1 goes for skill and this is the product @ Miami! There are so many ”go to” receive on other teams it’s ridiculous.

I'm confused.

How does playing man against Jordan take him out of the game? Isn't he good enough to beat man coverage?

Where were the play calls to Mallory? Where were the passes to the middle / flats to our dynamic RBs?
I'm separating Jordan from our WRs. Point being that they keyed on Jordan. Basically dared Pope & co to beat them. Even on the plays when our WRs "almost" made a catch, there was zero separation. that was clearly the gameplan: Let the WRs beat you. Can obviously they couldn't

Advertisement
Idiots blame the players instead of the corches that got them here.

From what I saw, they rarely put 8 in the box. Most of the time it was 6, maybe 7.
Agreed 100% AU. Spot on. Look at that 4th down run with Knighton. We had 7 blockers and they had 6 defenders and they still blew up the play. They didn't need to stack the box.

Advertisement
By being able to play one on one press man they dictated what they wanted our offense to do. They only way to really stop it is the WRs must make them pay with big catches that sometimes go for touchdowns. If I see one more bomb to a midget receiver I’m going to break my tv.

I'm confused.

Again, ripple effect on last point. If you can cover WRs man-man, your safeties, w/ zero respect for the deep ball (not b/c of King but b/c of the WRs ineptitude) can cheat against all of that.

Just go back and look at every pass. not once was one of our WRs double teamed, nor was there a safety in the vicinity. They DARED (wanted !) us to throw to our WRs

Advertisement
Back