Our WRs lost the game. Its really that simple

We lost this game 2,3,4 years ago w lack of recruiting
We don’t have the horses to compete
WR is ONE area
But you couldn’t name one player besides bolden and Phillips and Roche who starts for them

and those guys are transfers! What does that tell you?
Clemson is Bigger, Faster, Stronger and Smarter at literally everything **** position
It is NOT close

Miami needs a pharmacy and a bank and real coaching staff to compete
I doubt it’s coming anytime soon
Great got**** POST!

Advertisement
WR is ONE area
But you couldn’t name one player besides bolden and Phillips and Roche who starts for them

Clemson is Bigger, Faster, Stronger and Smarter at literally everything **** position
It is NOT close

It tells you manny shouldn’t be our coach because he recruited all those guys

WR is ONE area

It is NOT close

This. The X’s and O’s boys can break it down all week long. Fine. BIT this one was about the Jimmies and Joes for me. We just aren’t there yet.

Nothing you said about the WRs is inaccurate. But our offense was thoroughly suffocated. That doesn’t stem *only* from WR weakness. Playing man on the outside still left us with a few other opportunities and we were completely stuffed there, too.

Make no mistake: there’s way more to how badly we were outcoached and outplayed last night than not having good enough WRs. It doesn’t explain how we went into a shell when they skull ****ed our IZ runs. It doesn’t explain how we allowed their LBs to do what they do absolutely best: going straight forward mostly ok blitzes and filling inside.

I realize they came out with different looks than they did for Virginia, but we never counter punched. Having LSU’s WR group from last year would have no doubt increased our chances of winning some 1 on 1s, but it wouldn’t be enough and will never be enough because of the low percentage of many of those plays.

Advertisement
What happened between now and 2018 that made you think our WR could beat 50/50 coverage And come down with the ball?I want to know what games you were watching, because it was not the Miami Hurricanes.

This game was lost once Venables watched our game film and realized that we don't have one WR who can either create separation or make a contested catch. Then:
(1) Ripple effect #1: Clemson, with zero respect for our WRs plays man-man and takes Jordan out of the game
(2) Ripple effect #2: Clemson, with zero respect for our WRs puts 8 men in the box in obvious running downs and blitzes at will, whenever they want
(3) Ripple effect #3: As a result of (1) and (2), we can't sustain a drive
(4) Ripple effect #4: Because we can't sustain a drive, the defense is on the field for way too long
(5) Ripple effect #5: Because the defense is on the field for way too long, the thing snowballs
ON POINT!!!! Great post, post more my guy.

What happened between now and 2018 that made you think our WR could beat 50/50 coverage And come down with the ball?I want to know what games you were watching, because it was not the Miami Hurricanes.
If JT4 can highpoint an off-target Rosier throw and catch it at its highest point at 5'9" 170 soaking wet, 3, 6 and 8 have ZERO excuses. Great kids, but obviously they didn't learn all the little things to make em better.

Agreed 100% AU. Spot on. Look at that 4th down run with Knighton. We had 7 blockers and they had 6 defenders and they still blew up the play. They didn't need to stack the box.
Thats just pathetic and the play call was pure stupidity. If youre going to run that play why run it with our most finesse back? If you run that play put Burns in there.

Advertisement
OP is pretty spot on. This game was lost over the course of the last 2-3 seasons when we kept whiffing on elite talent due to the fact we kept losing winnable games.

Impossible to beat a team like Clemson if they don't feel threatened on the perimeter. They'll squat on everything, bracket our only strengths (the tight ends) and just play tight press man or tight press cover 4 on the outside.

Advertisement
Back