Our Top 4 after Today in Order....

Advertisement
1. Butch Davis- Obvious among fans and some Alumni

2. Mark Richt- I think there is more interest than we think

3. Dan Mullen - wants out of MSU... will he accept if offered?

4. Greg Schiano- seems like some are pushing for him.

* Herman gets extension, Kelly turned down USC, hard to believe he will come to Miami..Titans is my guess...and No Cristobal or Strong....do you think this is accurate... Thoughts?

I agree with this list but not the order

I think Richt is ahead of Butch in eyes of bot. Schiano is not top 5. He's in plan c with Mario and strong

Mullen should be priority 1.

Holgorsen can be the fall-back option.

Richt has absolutely no clue what to do with Miami. Up until yesterday, he thought he could get another season at UGA.

I suspect his desire to stay in coaching is to go out on his own terms. But nothing about Richt strikes me as him being hungry to win at the highest level. If I'm wrong on that, then I'd take him after Mullen.

Schiano would be my 4th ... After Mullen, Holgorsen, and Richt. But he better have a great plan for what he would do with his OC hire.

I've got no interest in seeing Butch Davis prove me correct, in that his best days are way behind him.

Assuming Patterson has ZERO interest and both Herman and Chip are off the table...

Mullen = Butch > Richt > Pagano > Schiano > Field

Advertisement
Mullen should be priority 1.

Holgorsen can be the fall-back option.

Richt has absolutely no clue what to do with Miami. Up until yesterday, he thought he could get another season at UGA.

I suspect his desire to stay in coaching is to go out on his own terms. But nothing about Richt strikes me as him being hungry to win at the highest level. If I'm wrong on that, then I'd take him after Mullen.

Schiano would be my 4th ... After Mullen, Holgorsen, and Richt. But he better have a great plan for what he would do with his OC hire.

I've got no interest in seeing Butch Davis prove me correct, in that his best days are way behind him.

Schiano is essentially a younger butch but I'd rather hc butch DC coach in waiting Schiano oc dorsey

I'll comment on this since I fly corporate jets. First the plane took off out of West Palm. I'm not sure where Blake lives but I would assume Miami international, Tamiami or Opa Locka would make more sense. Also, the plane is G4 which is overkill and very expensive for any University. Most schools use Citation jets or King Airs. Plus, the plane was only on the ground for a hour seems more like the crew dropped off passengers and flew home empty.

I can't believe we're talking about this, but Richt is from West Palm Beach. Maybe he wanted to say hi to family before the meeting.

Mullen should be the focus. Call Chip Kelly & Patterson first.. maybe Herman, but then go all in for Mullen.

Butch/Schiano/Richt (take your pick) can be the fall-back options.

Advertisement
Don't see the Mullen appeal. His SEC wins are all against the Vandy's and UK's of the conference (or teams with losing records during down years) and his out of conference wins are a joke.

Butch is the lower risk. He has actually been the HC of Miami before and was on the verge of multiple national championships until he left a bit prematurely.

Richt hasn't been the HC at Miami.

Well if Butch is #1 then he is the only candidate because he isn't turning it down. I'd say Butch and Richt cancel each other. Butch has had the higher ceiling but is more of a risk. Right is a safer choice but can he win it all?

Don't see the Mullen appeal. His SEC wins are all against the Vandy's and UK's of the conference (or teams with losing records during down years) and his out of conference wins are a joke.

And, historically, Miss State is a better program than Vandy and UK, huh?

Of course, Butch going 8-5 at UNC should be applauded, though ...

Advertisement
Butch is the lower risk. He has actually been the HC of Miami before and was on the verge of multiple national championships until he left a bit prematurely.

Well if Butch is #1 then he is the only candidate because he isn't turning it down. I'd say Butch and Richt cancel each other. Butch has had the higher ceiling but is more of a risk. Right is a safer choice but can he win it all?

Yes but that was 15 years ago so there is risk anytime a guy is out of coaching for so long. Richt has been a head coach at a high level program for the past 15 years which makes him the safer hire.

Naw, bro! You haven't figured it out, yet?

Butch is undefeated over the past 5 seasons. Every other coach has lost games during that time. Butch is the only option!

Yes but that was 15 years ago so there is risk anytime a guy is out of coaching for so long. Richt has been a head coach at a high level program for the past 15 years which makes him the safer hire.

Advertisement

If he's coaching in the ACC, he'll get plenty more chances at the big game than staying in the SEC.

I'm sorry, but I must've missed the names in our top 25 list and again when they trimmed the list to 10. Anyone have those links so I can compare?

Edit: Why do people continue posting things as fact as if they have any sense of what's going on behind closed doors? It's been a quiet search with little to nothing getting out officially. The small tidbits that have leaked are non-descript and skeptical at best.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back