Our starting DB’s now

Advertisement
I agree with the 1st part.
James Williams will be our SS. He’ll be in the box way more then Tae or Kitchens.

I do think Hall will be our breakout player on defense this year though.
I am curious to see where the coaches will play James. Based solely on his size, I agree you would expect SS and more of an in-the-box type role. But I see a potential ball hawk type on tape that can play a center field type role. Kid is rangy.

I’ve still got Amari at one safety, gurvan or bubba at the other, a statue of Ivey on one side, and ragone at the other corner spot because our super intricate defense is difficult to learn for Stevenson

That statue would need to have a very deep base in the ground, otherwise it might be able to be moved by a large truck or crane, which is not possible.

Advertisement
CB1 - TS | Dunson | Ivey
CB2 - Couch | Blades or Clarke
Striker - Frierson | Keontra
FS - James Williams | Gurvan Hall
SS - Bubba Bolden | Avantae Williams

Or

CB1 - TS | Dunson | Ivey
Striker - Keontra | Smith | Hall
FS - G. Frierson | James Williams
Would love that top group but you know **** well these fools will run out ivey and amari carter in that starting group. Balom in the 2 deep bc he has a better grasp of the playbook over J Will and A Will LOL

Advertisement
CB1 - TS | Dunson | Ivey

Or

CB1 - TS | Dunson | Ivey
I love the second one tbh.... that group i can believe in.

Blades and TS start with couch at nickel. Those 3 most likely play the most. Ivey will play as well. Honestly now that we have coaching obey could turn out to be something. We will see.

Advertisement
The best thing about T-Rob coming in is everyone has a brand new opportunity, as well depth. Maybe he can unlock the potential in Ivey and Hall. We also aren’t going to be forced to play guys due to the lack of quality bodies.

Advertisement
CB1 - TS | Dunson | Ivey

Or

CB1 - TS | Dunson | Ivey
Finally a decent problem to have in the secondary. With a proven secondary coach too. I’ll take it!!! We should see all kinds of combinations depending on the defense Manny wants to run that particular game.

CB- Stevenson, Dunson, Ivey
CB- Blades, Clark
Slot- Couch, Curtis
SS- Bolden, Avantae, Balom, Harrell
FS- J. Williams, Hall, Washington
Striker- Gil, Keontra, Smith
OLB- Brooks, TAC, Huff, Steed, Johnson
MLB- Flagg, Jennings, Troutman
WDE- Johnson, Cam, Ishmael
SDE- Harvey, Chantz, Blissett
DT- Nesta, Hunte- (1st team), Miller, Taylor- (2nd team), Ford, Roberts (3rd team), Holley, Q. Williams, Haye (4th team).

CB- Stevenson, Dunson, Ivey
CB- Blades, Clark
Slot- Couch, Curtis
SS- Bolden, Avantae, Balom, Harrell
FS- J. Williams, Hall, Washington
Striker- Gil, Keontra, Smith
OLB- Brooks, TAC, Huff, Steed, Johnson
MLB- Flagg, Jennings, Troutman
WDE- Johnson, Cam, Ishmael
SDE- Harvey, Chantz, Blissett
DT- Nesta, Hunte- (1st team), Miller, Taylor- (2nd team), Ford, Roberts (3rd team), Holley, Q. Williams, Haye (4th team).
That’s a deep rotation at DT. Let’s hope Simpson can pull the inner beasts out of these kids. He does that, we can attack in waves.

Advertisement
Back