Our Safeties

Hall is entering JAG territory, Bolden has regressed since the early part of the year, and Carter is below average (in how we use him).

Which is demoralizing because it seems to take some experience before the safeties excel in this system (JJ and Redwine) but that hasn’t happened yet despite all of these guys playing a lot the last few years.

Help is on the way though in Avantae, James Williams, and Kinchens.
S, like WR, will be a position with plenty of competition in '21.

But will the coaches play the right guys in the right places? I ain't holding my breath.

Advertisement
Agree on playing Keontra and Frierson together. Just go with one true linebacker and the 2 strikers.

To me, Baker has a defense and he's going to run it regardless of who the personnel are. If you play SS, you are going to be asked to cover, fill run gaps, and read keys on 3rd downs.

I wrote when Manny Diaz was hired that in his defense the toughest position to play is SS. It's morphed a bit in how they handle jet motion and they mirror a little more, but the two toughest positions on the entire defense continue to be SS and nickel CB.

There are things I like about the defense and in my opinion if they tweaked how their desire to prevent long plays for an improvement in their overall success rate by allowing CB's to be more physical and let your safeties and linebackers play faster by asking them to read fewer keys and just handle their set area, the defense would improve.

This defense absolutely has to get pressure and create negative plays to be effective and they aren't doing that nearly enough right now.

Our Safeties have been disappointing too. Idk why it isn’t pointed out enough. Bolden had a strong games early in the season but has disappeared the past 4 games. Hall and Carter are trash. Banda not developing those guys.

S, like WR, will be a position with plenty of competition in '21.

But will the coaches play the right guys in the right places? I ain't holding my breath.

Safety, it’ll be Hall and Bolden (if they come back cause you never know). But at least with how we needlessly rotate players, Id expect Balom to be the 3rd guy and then open competition for the 4th.

WR, I’m confident in Likens/Lashlee to get the right guys out there.

Advertisement
LB,s just as horrible as defensive backs. The big common denominator for the whole defense is DC and his asinine scheme. All would look better in a better designed scheme

not a good look for banda and rumph to not be putting any of these kids in the 1st round

also.. was happy to see that tyson campbell still looks like he doesn't lift weights so at least its not just our program

However Rique is a stud

Tyson Campbell can back pedal faster than both of our corners run forward..**** be ok.

We will see how they develop these dbs...all of them need to take this free year.

Advertisement
Hall is entering JAG territory, Bolden has regressed since the early part of the year, and Carter is below average (in how we use him).

Which is demoralizing because it seems to take some experience before the safeties excel in this system (JJ and Redwine) but that hasn’t happened yet despite all of these guys playing a lot the last few years.

Help is on the way though in Avantae, James Williams, and Kinchens.

What a massive letdown it would be if Hall keeps this poor play up and turns into a JAG

The one high profile S recruit Banda landed and beat out the Bama, UGAs of the world. To only not be developed and turn into a JAG.. SMH

Amari sucks and is only good for Blitzing and Targeting

Bolden has looked very average the last 3 games as well

Disappointing unit so far when we thought it would be a major strength

Advertisement
Back