Our *potential* OC hire impacts the next 5 years of the program...

RiDLer80

All-American
I truly believe this.

If we make a successful OC hire, no matter what the name is, I believe the program can pick up from where it left off before last year's Pitt game. I don't care if it's Yost, Briles, Dillingham or whoever. If the man Richt brings in to call plays turns the offense into a successful unit, we're right back on track.

However, if Richt doesn't make a change at OC and things remain status quo, I believe what we saw this year becomes the norm for the rest of Richt's tenure. So that would be another year or two of mediocrity. And if that medicority continues, when Richt is eventually let go in 2020 or 2021, we'll have to endure another coaching change; and to be honest I'm sure if the program can survive another rebuild.

It's imperative that Richt, not only hires an OC, but hires one that is actually successful at Miami.

Advertisement
I truly believe this.

If we make a successful OC hire, no matter what the name is, I believe the program can pick up from where it left off before last year's Pitt game. I don't care if it's Yost, Briles, Dillingham or whoever. If the man Richt brings in to call plays turns the offense into a successful unit, we're right back on track.

However, if Richt doesn't make a change at OC and things remain status quo, I believe what we saw this year becomes the norm for the rest of Richt's tenure. So that would be another year or two of mediocrity. And if that medicority continues, when Richt is eventually let go in 2020 or 2021, we'll have to endure another coaching change; and to be honest I'm sure if the program can survive another rebuild.

It's imperative that Richt, not only hires an OC, but hires one that is actually successful at Miami.

Totally agree. We have not been relevant for about 15 years; we've just been a name. We got a serious bump from the 30 for 30 shows, but Miami's actual success precedes the birth of anyone we currently recruit. Jesus, we've never even won the ACC. We lose another 5 years, including the loss of the "state of Miami" recruiting advantage that will go along with a lack of on field success, and it is hard to see us ever being close to what we could be, even now. Much less what we once were.

I truly believe this.

Agree, but if Richt doesn't do anything or only makes a figurehead move (he still calls plays and stays in the way) and we have another year like this, I think he is gone after next year. Everyone assumes his buyout is 100% of what's remaining on his contract but that is rarely the case. We should all take a step back and look at the deal that Golden apparently signed. Maybe all of these UM lawyers are smarter than we give them credit for.

Richt had/has more leverage than Golden ever did, just based on his tenure as a HC, but I would still be shocked if he has a provision that gives him 100% if he is fired.

Advertisement
Do the right thing Rick. If he doesn't do anything, he's essentially telling UM to kiss his ****. And if he's THAT stubborn, don't get all emotional when the pitchforks come out. 'Cause they'll come. And from all angles.

Agreed. Hire an OC that runs a spread power system, replace Searels, and move Jon Richt into an off-field analyst position.

Back on top of the Coastal.

Advertisement
I think Kliff is gone by the time we go hunting for OC’s. Early January we should have an idea of what’s going to happen. If we go into next season without any changes Richt will be on the hottest seat.

SMH at people who think a new OC will change the fact that Richt is old and washed up. Program is dead until he's gone.

Advertisement
Change needs to be made swiftly. Preferably yesterday, but this week is a great opportunity. Would love to pull together the best possible recruiting class.

I truly believe this.

Why U wasting your time with this opinion. CMR ISN'T going to hire an OC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dUh. Matter of fact, I lay " 1:2 " odds on that happening.

Advertisement
Mark Richts spread offense got potential... wanna see how it looks in a bowl game after a few extra practices, and if it’s better than how it looked against Pitt than we can roll into next season with him as the OC.
You realize he's only doing that because all of our TE's are hurt right.

I truly believe this.

Ain't happening Bro! Wake up man!!

Advertisement
Back