Our oline is not that bad as we think it is.

Who’s of this agreement with me?

When people say we don’t run a qb friendly or receiver friendly offense to maximize their talent that same notion definitely applies to the oline IMO. How many times did richts predictable non creative offense exploit their weaknesses in obvious situations? You are a coordinator you are supposed to scheme and work around their faults. The constant 3rd and 1 same plays, draws up the middle, all verticals, lack of motion in the offense to make the defense account for a side of the field and unclog some of that in the middle by taking them out of that in the play. Bottom line put them in a position to succeed... This isn’t a post to defend Searels because I defintiely Think he needs to go regardless but just been thinking about the success we have had recently when we have spread the defense out. Miami finished the season #23 in the country in yards per rush with 5.19 a rush. Roman alluded to it on twitter the other day too. It’s deeper beyond a talent issue, this scheme was the biggest detriment of the season rather than their play imo but we all knew that hopefully richt understands this

This is why in today’s age of football the system is very important, you all think a team like ucf or Memphis has a better oline in terms of talent than Miami? No but the system they run helps erase any edge Miami has in talent compared to those two teams and thus the difference in performance.

Now on to next year we lose Tyree(he was terrible early on this year but has settled down recently) and gaultheir(he’s been terrible all year). We do get back scaife who looks pretty good now especially lately, Donaldson has made some impactful blocks specifically in the run game the last few games he just need to be more consistent, boulware imo has been good when he’s played this year although he hasn’t been playing as much as he was in that stretch earlier on in the season.

I think The oline might be solid next year
Lt Scaife(will he move over there?), george Brown
Lg Boulware/Cleveland reed
C Gaynor
Rg Donaldson , hillery
Rt Campbell, Herbert(will he take the next step?
Oline development is obviously at a different pace than other positions. Should see a leap in guys game like Herbert and hillery which will be great for us especially if Herbert can take the right tackle spot. I like Campbell’s ability a lot there too.

Oh man, some actual facts to support something. Ill hang up and listen to the sheep now.

Advertisement

When people say we don’t run a qb friendly or receiver friendly offense to maximize their talent that same notion definitely applies to the oline IMO. How many times did richts predictable non creative offense exploit their weaknesses in obvious situations? You are a coordinator you are supposed to scheme and work around their faults. The constant 3rd and 1 same plays, draws up the middle, all verticals, lack of motion in the offense to make the defense account for a side of the field and unclog some of that in the middle by taking them out of that in the play. Bottom line put them in a position to succeed... This isn’t a post to defend Searels because I defintiely Think he needs to go regardless but just been thinking about the success we have had recently when we have spread the defense out. Miami finished the season #23 in the country in yards per rush with 5.19 a rush. Roman alluded to it on twitter the other day too. It’s deeper beyond a talent issue, this scheme was the biggest detriment of the season rather than their play imo but we all knew that hopefully richt understands this

This is why in today’s age of football the system is very important, you all think a team like ucf or Memphis has a better oline in terms of talent than Miami? No but the system they run helps erase any edge Miami has in talent compared to those two teams and thus the difference in performance.

Now on to next year we lose Tyree(he was terrible early on this year but has settled down recently) and gaultheir(he’s been terrible all year). We do get back scaife who looks pretty good now especially lately, Donaldson has made some impactful blocks specifically in the run game the last few games he just need to be more consistent, boulware imo has been good when he’s played this year although he hasn’t been playing as much as he was in that stretch earlier on in the season.

C Gaynor
Rg Donaldson , hillery
Oline development is obviously at a different pace than other positions. Should see a leap in guys game like Herbert and hillery which will be great for us especially if Herbert can take the right tackle spot. I like Campbell’s ability a lot there too.

Excellent post, and I totally agree. Our scheme and poor QB management/development is the reason we stunk. Our oline was facing 7 or 8 in the box all the time due to Richt's vanilla calls. It is hard for any offensive line to handle the amount of pressure we received due to play calling.

What do you consider the “bar” or “it” that Richt needs to do/surpass for it to not be “over for him”?

Win 8 games keeps his job?
Win Coastal keeps his job?
Win ACC keeps his job?
Make a Bowl game keeps his job?

9-10 wins and we should be in the ACC Championship game in 2019.

Advertisement
Excellent post, and I totally agree. Our scheme and poor QB management/development is the reason we stunk. Our oline was facing 7 or 8 in the box all the time due to Richt's vanilla calls. It is hard for any offensive line to handle the amount of pressure we received due to play calling.
The defense knows exactly where you are going to run it yet you don’t do any type of misdirection , motions or fake jet sweeps to draw attention of their defense to distract them. Its simple things like that, that would help the oline that much more instead of playing at a disadvantage because the playcaller thinks trying to deceive the defense isn’t needed in today’s age of football. The most explosive offenses all use these concepts.

C Gaynor
Rg Donaldson , hillery

Are you for feel? Or are you a fool! Seriously dude! This is the third season for those true sophomore's and RS-freshmen ( CMR's and Stacy's recruits by the way. ) and not one of them could start over Miami's current O-line starters. dUh.

Oh, and one more notion. Their a lot of POWER 5 schools which have true sophomore's or RS-freshmen or even TRUE freshmen starting on the offensive line ( Wisconsin started a TRUE FRESHMEN and a RS-freshmen against Miami in the Orange bowl last December. So let that SINK IN! ).

The bottom line is Miami's current offensive line is ATROCIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm guessing most were OVERRATED as incoming freshmen. That's why they aren't starting over The Golden Boy's retreads. hUh.

P.S. There's a reason under the SF blazing sun WHY your boy Richt, and Stacy, have been going after GRAD TRANSFER offensive linemen last season and now this season. LOL

I agree, the OL was average...Got better as year progressed. Is it a need? Yes...Does it need to take the next step? Yes

QB play is the biggest problem for the offense right now, there are others...But QB is the main problem.

You can't tell angry mobs anything.
Spot on.

Advertisement
I agree, the OL was average...Got better as year progressed. Is it a need? Yes...Does it need to take the next step? Yes

QB play is the biggest problem for the offense right now, there are others...But QB is the main problem.

You can't tell angry mobs anything.
QB play and also selection of plays and not utilizing what you have in a scheme to fit that talent not trying to push a round peg into a square hole.

So when Miami’s center gets his sheeit pushed in and does a cotdam split on his way to a faceplant, dat a scheme thang?

Advertisement
Ya but improved as year went

Yeah. That MAJOR improvement had Miami ranked as the NO. 93 total offense by the end of the regular season. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Their were QB issues and play calling issues and all that. So what. Miami's offensive line is ATROCIOUS!

So when Miami’s center gets his sheeit pushed in and does a cotdam split on his way to a faceplant, dat a scheme thang?

He wasn't the only one to get shoved into the backfield. That other Golden Irish sir name recruit was bytched slapped NUMEROUS times during the season.

I’ve been critical but at the same time tried to be patient with this whole offensive line/QB/play calling mess.

Next season will be it for me. He will have Perry in his third year in his “system”, Williams in his second. Donaldson will be in his third year at his best position, Scaife with experience at RT and his own recruits with 2-3 years of getting bigger and learning.

Not to mention the experience all the freshmen picked up this year. All of them should be faster, stronger, better route runners and have steadier hands.

If CMR can’t do it offensively next year, it’s over for him.

If you know how coach richt coaches, his qb's normally blossom in their 3rd year in this system. He rarely started freshmen qb's.

Advertisement
Yes, OL played better toward the end of the season, but it was still against mediocre ACC defenses.

Bottom line, Richt is way too slow to make adjustments during the season not to mention during a game.

Unless we get an OC with balls, we are doomed to 9-3 records with 58-0 smackdowns from the elite teams.

Look at the scheme, SAMFORD just weeks prior had FSU on the ropes and was throwing the ball all through the middle of their secondary and deep as was everyone they had played until Miami and after yet richt comes out trying to establish the run. Yet we come out like we are afraid to throw the ball and like we were playing some elite secondary. Again put your players in the best position to succeed, that applies to all the skill positions and certainly imo to the oline as well
Oline was gettin whipped against FIU LOL. Spin it how u want the oline play was horrible

Run blocking went from 100% garbage to passable. Pass blocking is 100%garbage. Whoever is playing QB has to run for his life every time he drops back.

Advertisement
Back