Our Offense and the Offensive Philosophy Sucks. Enos on The Clock

The Canes have had more than their share of hired expert corches who weren't worth a **** (thanks BOT). No one is above criticism

Advertisement
Advertisement
"Enos is on the clock" Man. I have to love the expectations by our fanbase. "National Title or bust!" STFU and watch a football game. Or stop watching all together. Clemson promoted their WR coach without National Title demands from its fanbase. Stop it.

Am I the only one not feeling our offense? It seems like we went back into time. Here are my questions and concerns

Why are we running a I-Formation with slow play action?

What is the purpose of being under center with play action that is extremely slow. Just get in a shotgun

Why does it take sooooo long just to get a play called. Can we speed up the pace?

We have Jeff Thomas, Pope, Hartley and Osborn but we run a power T offense and not get our speedsters in space?

What are we trying to do on offense? What is our identity?
FSU runs a spread up tempo offense and last I heard, they were looking for a few more fans?

My only problem is the 1 WR 3 tight end set. Mallory is not a blocker so using him inline and not getting the ball down the field to him doesnt make sense to me. WHy is mallory playing so many snaps at TE if he isnt a blocker? But after last year Im not complaining

Advertisement
Am I the only one not feeling our offense? It seems like we went back into time. Here are my questions and concerns

What is the purpose of being under center with play action that is extremely slow. Just get in a shotgun

Why does it take sooooo long just to get a play called. Can we speed up the pace?

We have Jeff Thomas, Pope, Hartley and Osborn but we run a power T offense and not get our speedsters in space?

Our Offensive schemes are FAR better under Enos' care than under Richt. I haven't yet to see three consecutive A gap rushes by our offense in three games. That alone passes the eyeball test.

The two areas where play calling is most important is third down and the red zone.

We are bottom of the country in both categories. Write it off to "chemistry" if you want but the offensive coordinator isn't doing us any favors yet.

Seems like a silly time to post this as we just put up 63 points. Bethune-Cookman or not, we executed pretty well. The play calling seems to get better by the quarter. The o-line continues to be suspect though. There were times we couldn't get any push. The failed 4th down near the endzone comes to mind.

Did anyone catch that "lag" draw UVA ran with 4:54 left in the 4th? I loved that play. With the jet motions we run and the aggressive scheming we'll see from opposing defenses, I hope we incorporate that exact play. Maybe we have and I missed it, but I had to mention it.

My only problem is the 1 WR 3 tight end set. Mallory is not a blocker so using him inline and not getting the ball down the field to him doesnt make sense to me. WHy is mallory playing so many snaps at TE if he isnt a blocker? But after last year Im not complaining
I guess because they're trying to make him a better player / NFL prospect by asking him to block?

Advertisement
Has the Offense has improved? Yes
Do I think Enos west coast fits Miami? No
We should be a run first spread offense.

I’m hopeful the offense continues to evolve, but the OP isn’t all wrong...

I don’t get all the power formation ****. You have athletes and you should be spreading everyone out. And we can’t ever run that power **** vs Bethune

Toilet water has some turds in it. The offense philosophy is not the reason we are losing games. Our kicker has PTSD from watching Kosi long **** his girl and our safeties are a significant drop off from last year.

Advertisement
YES!! :rolleyes:

Good eye OP!! :youre-nuts:

The Bethune Cookman game really exposed ALL of our offensive flaws..:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

He ain’t saying BC he’s pointing out that the offense is not the best offense we could possibly have. No matter what offense we ran VS BC we would’ve still beaten the brakes off them JAGS.

You guys can't complain about the OL (which is valid) and then expect the New Orleans Saints offense. For example, I don't think Enos goal with "Miami speed" is play with a FB as much as we do, but our pass protection desperately needs it. We'll see.
I don't think anyone is expecting the Saints offense, but it can certainly be better. And yes, you can complain about the OL and expect a better offense. Part of the OL's struggles can be attributed to the play calling (slow developing plays, not running the ball enough first 2 weeks, overall not putting them in a position to succeed).

I gave you a thumbs up for your name alone!

why are you guys complaining about the offense. It’s has been significantly better than last year. We can actually move the ball down the field this year.
Basically it's a
Simpsons-Clown-car-joke.gif

Advertisement
Back