Our Offense and the Offensive Philosophy Sucks. Enos on The Clock

ToiletWater

Banned
Banned
Am I the only one not feeling our offense? It seems like we went back into time. Here are my questions and concerns

Why are we running a I-Formation with slow play action?

What is the purpose of being under center with play action that is extremely slow. Just get in a shotgun

Why does it take sooooo long just to get a play called. Can we speed up the pace?

We have Jeff Thomas, Pope, Hartley and Osborn but we run a power T offense and not get our speedsters in space?

What are we trying to do on offense? What is our identity?

Advertisement
We've played two bad defenses. FSU has played one. FSU averages almost double PPG as we do. Good OC, wrong scheme.
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Am I the only one not feeling our offense? It seems like we went back into time. Here are my questions and concerns

What is the purpose of being under center with play action that is extremely slow. Just get in a shotgun

Why does it take sooooo long just to get a play called. Can we speed up the pace?

We have Jeff Thomas, Pope, Hartley and Osborn but we run a power T offense and not get our speedsters in space?

Generally speaking I like Enos as an OC and our offense is getting better and better every week. But................

I share your concerns about the slow developing play action. I don't get why we don't just go shotgun. I also couldn't agree more with your comment about running a power T. With guys like Pope, Wiggins, Harley and Thomas we should be spreading teams out and getting those playmakers the ball in space. I understand the desire to be multiple and have a varied attack but I think Enos needs to fit his offense to his personel and start focusing on the plays and concepts that work best for the players.

I am with you. I do not feel this offense. One it has no identity. First Miami should try to establish a POWER RUN game. That would set up everything else. Enos like Richt does not break tendencies meaning he keeps running a high percent (same plays) to the short side of the field. If he throws on first down and its incomplete you know on second down a run is coming. Run what is working until the other stops it. The O line needs help where are the screens and draws to slow down the pass rush. Play calling on offense is all about setting things up like success running leads to a big play action pass play. Getting stopped on 4th down too often Enos has to put the ball in Dallas's or Cam's hand and convert.

You guys can't complain about the OL (which is valid) and then expect the New Orleans Saints offense. For example, I don't think Enos goal with "Miami speed" is play with a FB as much as we do, but our pass protection desperately needs it. We'll see.

Advertisement
With a freshman qb, one junior on the ol and a starting true freshman LT, this guy is killing it! If you can’t see the progression from week to week and his ability to scheme, you need to find something else to watch on Saturdays.

I love our offense. I was at the game yesterday. I like our concepts and the spread of the routes. I wanna see more runs and bootlegs from the Singleback formation. Yall wanna complain right but dont wanna give credit for the high completion percentage even with a suspect OL. That's how you keep drives alive, the 4,5,6,7 yard completion etc.

I like the PA even though it seems over done at times. But it gives the coaches up stairs a good sense of what the defense respects. What they wanna take away etc. If they stay back then u can always revert to running the ball, which we have done a good job of the 3 games.

Also we have a mid range passing game again, which serves you alot better against good defenses than throwing bombs like Richt was relying on.

Also we have more players touching the ball in different ways. We have Jeff Thomas, Wiggins, Pope etc getting the ball on end arounds. That's another way to stretch defenses horizontally and force eye discipline.
We also see more screens and better drawn up screens. All these things help keep a defense off balanced. When we start incorporating the deep ball more.....watch out.

Like I keep saying the players are new to the offense when they are in sync i expect it to get to another level once we get an experienced OL.

I was wondering yesterday where the shifts and momentum where in the first. But then began seeing them more as the game progressed.
I will say I felt like the play calls were very vanilla vs what we have seen so far this year.

We've played two bad defenses. FSU has played one. FSU averages almost double PPG as we do. Good OC, wrong scheme.

Your record....and Briles FSU offensive record ....BOTH AGAIN continue to speak for themselves

FSU 33.3PPG
Miami 36.0 PPG

cracra9.gif

Both teams have had one throwaway game ....and yours went into OT to up the scoring.

You can keep FSU and Briles

Advertisement

I mean this is the type of offense that wins national championships but I can see how it makes establishing an identity difficult as we don’t specialize at anything. On the positive side, our offense is much better than it was last season. That Briles offense will not work against teams like Clemson or Bama.

Advertisement
I'm still not a fan of the I formation stuff. I wanted a guy who would spread it out a bit more and keep our speedy receivers on the field. That said, I like a lot of what Enos does. He uses a ton of formations with shifts and motion all over the place. He has shown a ton of creative ways to get play makers in position to make plays. I can't argue with his results with Jarren either. I still don't think we have the line that can just line up in power sets and run it right at a defense but I do like the progress they're showing. The deep pass to Pope was great. Two tight ends and a fullback, everything screams run, send your one receiver deep for an easy big gain.

Advertisement
Back