Our non-conference schedules for 2022 and beyond

In no universe should UM ever consider giving either UCF or USF a home and home deal. Period.

None of the big 3 should.
Never say never my friend. I have a feeling the Big XII is going to come out of this looking like AAC Part 2 and the Power 5 will become the Power 4, but if they keep their status as a Power 5 conference, it wouldn't be realistic to look at UCF as what they have been to this point - a mid-major. At that point, Miami would not be "raising" them up by playing them, they would have already made it as a Power 5 school.

I don't know where USF came into this, but they aren't going to a Power 5 conference, no home and away deal with them for sure.

Advertisement
Ideally, you want 8 home games most years with some years being 7 to accommodate the home and homes to the USC’s and Michigan’s of the worl
In looking at the past 20 years (going back to 11 game seasons), Miami has not had an 8 game home schedule and I doubt they ever had an 8 home game schedule during 11 game seasons in the past. In fact, Miami played 6 home game schedules pretty regularly, but it was mostly 7 a year.

The only schools who get 8 home games at times are the big state schools like Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, etc. Unless Ruiz starts paying money to sign mid-majors so they won't require a home, away, home contract, I don't see Miami getting to 8 at home a year.

Btw, having some teams playing 8 home games a year is ridiculous. Playing 75% of your games at home is obviously unfair to the majority of other schools. I'd say the NCAA should mandate that a maximum of 7 home games are acceptable, but the NCAA is basically a cuckold organization at this point.

Last edited:
In looking at the past 20 years (going back to 11 game seasons), Miami has not had an 8 game home schedule and I doubt they ever had an 8 home game schedule during 11 game seasons in the past. In fact, Miami played 6 home game schedules pretty regularly, but it was mostly 7 a year.

The only schools who get 8 home games at times are the big state schools like Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, etc. Unless Ruiz starts paying money to sign mid-majors so they won't require a home, away, home contract, I don't see Miami getting to 8 at home a year.

Btw, having some teams playing 8 home games a year is ridiculous. Playing 75% of your games at home is obviously unfair to the majority of other schools. I'd say the NCAA should mandate that a maximum of 7 home games are acceptable, but the NCAA is basically a cuckold organization at this point.
I mean, I’ve been criticizing Blake/UM about this for over a decade. It’s one of the most visible symptoms of how poorly the program has been run that we’ve played far fewer home games than UF for instance in the last decade.

Say whatever you want, but the big boys take what they want. We’ve been Tiny Tim begging for scraps.

I mean, I’ve been criticizing Blake/UM about this for over a decade. It’s one of the most visible symptoms of how poorly the program has been run that we’ve played far fewer home games than UF for instance in the last decade.

Say whatever you want, but the big boys take what they want. We’ve been Tiny Tim begging for scraps.
Sorry, but Miami has actually played more home games than Florida has since 2012. I hate those pompous asses as much as anyone, but they have not had more than 7 home games a year either in the past 20 years.

Just so the uninformed is aware because you dont follow as closely but post on the reg and you prefer another institution's basketball team and or baseball, ND has to play 5 ACC games per year. When it's our turn to play them it's our turn.

Advertisement
Sorry, but Miami has actually played more home games than Florida has since 2012. I hate those pompous asses as much as anyone, but they have not had more than 7 home games a year either in the past 20 years.
I don’t believe you, but I don’t care enough to research this.

This is how it looks for the rest of the decade per FBschedules.com

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Sept. 3: Bethune-Cookman
Sept. 10: Southern Mississippi
Sept. 17: @Texas A&M
Sept. 24: Middle Tennessee

Sept. 2: Miami of Ohio
Sept. 9: Texas A&M
Sept. 23: @Temple
TBA: opponent TBD

Aug. 31: @ Florida
Sept. 7: FAMU
Sept. 14: Ball State
TBD: @Notre Dame

Sept. 13: USF
Sept. 20: Florida
TBD: Notre Dame

Sept. 12: FAMU
Sept. 19: BYU
Sept. 26: Central Michigan
TBD: South Carolina

Sept. 4: @USF
Sept. 11: South Carolina

Sept. 2: @BYU
Sept. 9: USF
TBD: Notre Dame

Sept. 1: Auburn
Sept. 15: Temple

1. In 2024 and again in '25, we'll play UF and FSU and Notre Dame. THAT is how you schedule at The University of Miami. On top of everything, that's just about the time CMC should have the Canes runnin' hotter than fish grease (y)(y)(y)

2. ND in 24, 25, 28 (and '31, '32 and '34). Some (not me) would say that ND is one of our "big three" rivals. Regardless, great to have them on the schedule on a semi-regular basis

3. Texas A&M (2022 and '23), South Carolina (2026 and '27) and Auburn ('2029 and '30). We're located in this part of the country. We recruit against the SEC all the time. We need to play at least one SEC school every single season.

4. A two-for-one series with USF (home in '25 and '28 sandwiched around a trip to Tampa in '27) 😐. Not real big on playing USF or UCF, but something like this every 15 or 20 years isn't the end of the world. But no home-and-homes or lower-level meaningless bowl games with those schools like the idiot Gators got suckered into with UCF.

5. We still got openings in '23, '25, '27, '28 and '29 that almost certainly are gonna be filled by a I-AA opponent. Hope DanRad and CMC do the right thing and schedule either Bethune-Cookman or FAMU. No reason whatsoever to give that $500,000 check to an out-of-state FCS school

6. We host Miami of Ohio in 2023. That's gonna be confusing as **** for some of us lower end CIS posters :LOL:
Have to remember we now are in a verbal alliance with the Pac-12 AND Big-10 so I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these removed and replaced with teams from that conference. Also makes sense with openings...

He's probably right because each year the UGA game is "not a home game" but a neutral site game. If we were being fair in the comparison we'd probably give UF credit for a half home game and half a road each year for it. Neutral site games reduce both your home and road counts.

I did the research. It's true. You may not like the result and it doesn't fit your narrative, but facts are facts.

Again, ***** the Gators though. We should be playing them far more often.

Advertisement
I did the research. It's true. You may not like the result and it doesn't fit your narrative, but facts are facts.

Again, ***** the Gators though. We should be playing them far more often.
I'll take your word for it.

Doesn't change my "narrative". Blake James sucks and should have been fired years ago - and we shouldn't be playing road games against teams like Temple, Toledo, or App St.

He's probably right because each year the UGA game is "not a home game" but a neutral site game. If we were being fair in the comparison we'd probably give UF credit for a half home game and half a road each year for it. Neutral site games reduce both your home and road counts.
I forgot about that. It's kind of like not counting games at HRS as "home games" for Miami. Jags stadium is not very far from Gayesville.

I'll take your word for it.

Doesn't change my "narrative". Blake James sucks and should have been fired years ago - and we shouldn't be playing road games against teams like Temple, Toledo, or App St.
Of course James should have been fired a long time ago, especially after hiring Manny within a few hours of Richt resigning. As far as road games against mid-majors, you have to have $$$ to do that and Ruiz just seemed to show with his deep pockets this past season. If they want to go in the direction you want, he'll be spending plenty of money.

I forgot about that. It's kind of like not counting games at HRS as "home games" for Miami. Jags stadium is not very far from Gayesville.

Nah, tbh it's a legit neutral site game simply because UGA gets half the tickets and neither team ever plays there otherwise. If it wasn't a fair neutral site, UGA would have killed it a long time ago.

Advertisement
Nah, tbh it's a legit neutral site game simply because UGA gets half the tickets and neither team ever plays there otherwise. If it wasn't a fair neutral site, UGA would have killed it a long time ago.
No, I get that. It's still in state, barely over an hour from campus, and probably closer to home for a large portion of their fan base and season ticket holders, and its a huge event.

Again, my point is about Miami's scheduling habits over the last decade or two. If Blake James put together a permanent neutral site game in Orlando with the Turds, I wouldn't be complaining about that. What is ridiculous is playing just 6 home games some years without this type of neutral site event as an excuse and playing road games against G5 teams.

I get that people just like to argue, but I don't really know why the conversation has gotten bogged down talking about a team that has famously barely left the state for a game they are not required to play by their conference over the past 20 years. It's completely besides the point.

Of course James should have been fired a long time ago, especially after hiring Manny within a few hours of Richt resigning. As far as road games against mid-majors, you have to have $$$ to do that and Ruiz just seemed to show with his deep pockets this past season. If they want to go in the direction you want, he'll be spending plenty of money.
We always had the money. We just had morons running the show. Glad we're on the same page.

Advertisement
Back