Sept. 2: @BYU
Sept. 9: USF
TBD: Notre Dame
TBA: opponent TBD

Sept. 1: Auburn
Sept. 15: Temple

1. In 2024 and again in '25, we'll play UF and FSU and Notre Dame. THAT is how you schedule at The University of Miami. On top of everything, that's just about the time CMC should have the Canes runnin' hotter than fish grease (y)(y)(y)

2. ND in 24, 25, 28 (and '31, '32 and '34). Some (not me) would say that ND is one of our "big three" rivals. Regardless, great to have them on the schedule on a semi-regular basis

3. Texas A&M (2022 and '23), South Carolina (2026 and '27) and Auburn ('2029 and '30). We're located in this part of the country. We recruit against the SEC all the time. We need to play at least one SEC school every single season.

4. A two-for-one series with USF (home in '25 and '28 sandwiched around a trip to Tampa in '27) 😐. Not real big on playing USF or UCF, but something like this every 15 or 20 years isn't the end of the world. But no home-and-homes or lower-lever meaningless bowl games with those schools like the idiot Gators got suckered into with UCF.

5. We still got openings in '23, '25, '27, '28 and '29 that almost certainly are gonna be filled by a I-AA opponent. Hope DanRad and CMC do the right thing and schedule either Bethune-Cookman or FAMU. No reason whatsoever to give that $500,000 check to an out-of-state FCS school

6. We host Miami of Ohio in 2023. That's gonna be confusing as **** for some of us lower end CIS posters :LOL:

'24 and '25.
;)

Advertisement
This is how it looks for the rest of the decade per FBschedules.com

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Sept. 3: Bethune-Cookman
Sept. 10: Southern Mississippi
Sept. 17: @Texas A&M
Sept. 24: Middle Tennessee

Sept. 2: Miami of Ohio
Sept. 9: Texas A&M
Sept. 23: @Temple

Aug. 31: @Florida
Sept. 7: FAMU
Sept. 14: Ball State

Sept. 13: USF
Sept. 20: Florida

Sept. 12: FAMU
Sept. 19: BYU
Sept. 26: Central Michigan
TBD: South Carolina

Sept. 4: @USF
Sept. 11: South Carolina

Sept. 2: @BYU
Sept. 9: USF

Sept. 1: Auburn
Sept. 15: Temple

1. In 2024 and again in '25, we'll play UF and FSU and Notre Dame. THAT is how you schedule at The University of Miami. On top of everything, that's just about the time CMC should have the Canes runnin' hotter than fish grease (y)(y)(y)

2. ND in 24, 25, 28 (and '31, '32 and '34). Some (not me) would say that ND is one of our "big three" rivals. Regardless, great to have them on the schedule on a semi-regular basis

3. Texas A&M (2022 and '23), South Carolina (2026 and '27) and Auburn ('2029 and '30). We're located in this part of the country. We recruit against the SEC all the time. We need to play at least one SEC school every single season.

4. A two-for-one series with USF (home in '25 and '28 sandwiched around a trip to Tampa in '27) 😐. Not real big on playing USF or UCF, but something like this every 15 or 20 years isn't the end of the world. But no home-and-homes or lower-lever meaningless bowl games with those schools like the idiot Gators got suckered into with UCF.

5. We still got openings in '23, '25, '27, '28 and '29 that almost certainly are gonna be filled by a I-AA opponent. Hope DanRad and CMC do the right thing and schedule either Bethune-Cookman or FAMU. No reason whatsoever to give that $500,000 check to an out-of-state FCS school

6. We host Miami of Ohio in 2023. That's gonna be confusing as **** for some of us lower end CIS posters :LOL:
Yeah, people want is to play that tough OOC schedule until we lose and they see some low-rent sec team ranked higher than us because they play Montana St. 4x a year. We all think it’s cool because 40 years ago this is how we established ourselves. That sh*ts over. It’s only sec teams that get praised for heroically playing a tough ooc schedule.

A lot of people would agree with you, too

I got:

Rivals: FSU/UF

Way down the list in no particular order are those unlikeable programs such as Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, SEC schools, soon-to-be SEC schools (OU, UT), quasi-SEC schools (Clemson) and finally the football wanna-be's like UNC, VT, UCF, USF and so on.
That’s everybody. Just say everybody.

A lot of people would agree with you, too

I got:

Rivals: FSU/UF

Way down the list in no particular order are those unlikeable programs such as Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, SEC schools, soon-to-be SEC schools (OU, UT), quasi-SEC schools (Clemson) and finally the football wanna-be's like UNC, VT, UCF, USF and so on.
Not to derail this thread but again, it’s difficult for me to accept those schools are greater rivals than ND when Miami hasn’t played those SEC or ACC programs as many times as ND, nor have they developed a mutual hatred. There is a reason why 30:30 literally developed a documentary about the rivalry because of its history, toxicity and controversial moments (thugs, phantom fumble). But to each his own.

Advertisement
Right, but I can’t imagine they don’t demand that we make it up at some point.

Plus, we owe them an *** kicking anyway.
Seeing how far in advance OOC games are scheduled, it's possible that game got thrown in the scrap heap. I’m sure that sort of thing happened to most teams in 2020. It would be a tremendous cluster-f to try and reschedule every non conference game from 2020.

It could be worse. We could be an FCS program that relies on payouts from FBS teams to fund our athletic department and didn’t get a cent in 2020.

Advertisement
Seeing how far in advance OOC games are scheduled, it's possible that game got thrown in the scrap heap. I’m sure that sort of thing happened to most teams in 2020. It would be a tremendous cluster-f to try and reschedule every non conference game from 2020.

It could be worse. We could be an FCS program that relies on payouts from FBS teams to fund our athletic department and didn’t get a cent in 2020.
Yeah, all of college football had to eat OOC cancellations in 2020. I wonder if there is insurance coverage for these scenarios?

Not to derail this thread but again, it’s difficult for me to accept those schools are greater rivals than ND when Miami hasn’t played those SEC or ACC programs as many times as ND, nor have they developed a mutual hatred. There is a reason why 30:30 literally developed a documentary about the rivalry because of its history, toxicity and controversial moments (thugs, phantom fumble). But to each his own.

Well said Hurracanes and your points are more than valid.

Growing up in North Florida, I've been to more Miami games in both Tallahassee and Gainesville than I have at either the Orange Bowl or JRS.

Raised up by and around Gators and Noles, including my two brothers who are diehard CFB fans, too. So beating those two schools meant — and still means — everything.

Really dislike Notre Dame, Penn State, Ohio State and those teams, but it's nothing at all like with UF and FSU.

Guess we're all products of our environments.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I could be wrong but I think we owe them that game. Also it's something we do every once in a while, play a game up North for the NY/NJ/PA/CT/MA alumni. I got no problem smacking them around and getting a cheesesteak once a decade.
I’m sure you’re right, but we shouldn’t be doing home and homes with programs like this. Might have made sense in the 80’s and 90’s, not anymore. It’s bad for the fans, and it’s bad for the brand.

I'm talking about when it relates to scheduling. If the Big XII maintains its presence as part of the "Power 5", then home and away agreements will become the norm with UCF. If the Big XII becomes the new AAC (mid-major), UCF will continue to have to continue to schedule home, away, and home deals with the Big 3 in Florida.

Early indicators are the Big XII will be going down a notch since they were not invited to be part of the ACC-Big 10-PAC 12 scheduling alliance, but we shall see.
In no universe should UM ever consider giving either UCF or USF a home and home deal. Period.

None of the big 3 should.

Advertisement
Back